Search for content in message boards

To all

Replies: 33

Re: Sebastian Sturm and Maria Barbara Gloss/Closs

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Sturm Relative

I have found your STURM-message at Ancestry.com and I'm no subscriber - a member only so I use your personal email address for contact.

It would be highly appeciated if you send me all information you have from the German origin. I have located my German ancestor to 1750 and I believe there might be a bridge to Klein Schifferstadt but I cannot find it.
I'm very interested in having information from you about your Sturm line. This might help me to locate my own German Sturm-line in a reverse way. Moreover, I have had many connections to Sturm researchers from all over the globe and have created a personal search engine for names and places. In case you want me to have look for you pls send me names and other information and I'll be happy to look it up.

I'm an e-commerce security inventor Bill ( William Edward Isaac ) Palmborg, Stockholm Sweden searching my Sturm roots since a decade.

I'm the descendant of FRIEDRICH Heinrich Daniel Sturm the 1st brother of David Caspar Ludwig Sturm both of them originating from Rostock Germany migrating as teenagers to Stockholm Sweden in the early 1900 C getting educated to Silversmiths here and later on to Goldsmiths. They stayed here in Stockholm and became well off & raised families and when they passed away around 1850 they were both accredited Jewelers.

Their father was a renowned mathematician in Rostock ("Rechenmeister") . The ancestry lines prior to his birth in 1850 lead me to the S. parts of Germany to Klein Schifferstadt where from I believe the Cincinnati silversmith Robert Sturm originated. ( The Henry Sturm line I believe ) , OR maybe from the village of Ladenburg ( Frankfurt county ) which in the early 1800 C was a center for precious metal-smiths of a Sturm line. I have not yet started that line of my family search as this requires physical visits in Germany. The Mormon's search engine does not cover all of the Sturm lines nor the FamilyHart database.

Württenberg Germany, and Elsass-Lothringen ( The German western border ) are not far away from these places.

Any information about the origin of Sturm and German ancestors, descendants and potential siblings would be of the utterly interest for my German line research. That might open the missing link between my Sturm line and yours. If we could find this link we will be able to show the whole spectrum and the artsmanship built into the Sturm family. It might become very big. I have contacts wit a lot of Sturm descendants both in the USA and in Germany and I have received a lot of thoroughly written Sturm family trees from the USA. It might be of more interest for you on the American side of this large tree. Pls advise if interested.

If you are interested I'd be happy to send you more details of FH. Sturm and L S. Master-seal "FS" and "LS" It's interesting that the Sturm line ( originating from just one individual in the 1500 C I suppose ) has given such famous artists.

Sorry for my poor English.

Best regards

Bill Palmborg

bill.palmborg@privatpost.se
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob Sturm 30 Jan 2000 4:09AM GMT 
christie 12 Feb 2000 4:39PM GMT 
Betty Creel 11 Mar 2000 4:54PM GMT 
kjloc1975 15 Apr 2000 9:15AM GMT 
CReniche9140 17 May 2000 4:06PM GMT 
billpalmborg1 13 Apr 2009 12:38AM GMT 
Teresa Sturm 24 Mar 2000 10:49AM GMT