Search for content in message boards

Lost son of Hannah boone and John stewart

Replies: 54

Re: Boone/Stewart

Posted: 1435863450000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1537237091000
Surnames: Boone, Stewart
Bonnye, for over 50 years we have searched for William Boone Stewart, because all of our fathers and grandfathers left us with the information that he was our 3rd great grandfather. His son, James Boone Stewart, lived and was buried along with his wife, on the farm where my father was raised in Hardin County, Kentucky. My father's father and grandfather had this information and we knew that Hannah Boone (Daniel Boone's sister) was the mother of William Boone Stewart. We finally found the marriage certificate of Wm Boone and Tabitha Braine (whose name also was passed down to us) in Bourbon Co, Ky. This was exactly as our family had told us. A query went out and a website started several years ago asking for any relatives of William Boone Stewart to post replies. Since that time, many cousins have surfaced from this line and we all had exactly the same information. Wanting to satisfy any doubts, we began to have DNA testing. My daughter has more DNA positives matching the Boone family than any other of her ancestors. And, included in the matches are Morgans, Penningtons, Jarmans, Maugridge. We had no reason to doubt our ancestors who had written down our history, however to know once and for all that there is no doubt of our kinship, DNA was done and has proven what we needed to know. We continue to search for William Boone and Tabitha's graves. We know that they were in Bourbon County and research will continue until we can find the story of their lives and how and where they died. A group of us will visit the farm where James Boone and Sarah Smallwood Stewart are buried. We have finally obtained permission from the owners to access the land, since it is on a farm not owned by any family members. It has been 50 years since I have visited there, with my dad and mom and a cousin who also came from this line. The grave pictures are posted on my tree and I hope to get up to date pictures of the graves and land in the near future. The Boone name has been handed down since William Boone's day. Every direct line male in our Stewart family have had Boone in their name since then, even to the most recent child who is under 10 years of age. My baby brother who died at birth was named for him - William Boone Stewart. Whether we ever locate their graves, we have all gained knowledge of cousins we would have never known and enjoyed sharing traits and photos and stories. William Boone and Hannah and all of our family members will not ever be forgotten if we can help it. We are faithfully documenting everything we find so that future generations will understand their heritage and hopefully not have to "pound the pavement" as many hard working historians in our family have done for over 50 years!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KarenHarlow34 964489600000 
gaylabear77 1280317806000 
bob Stewart 964544495000 
Bonnye Feiock 1435851837000 
bbush2010 1435863450000 
KarenHarlow34 964489099000 
KarenHarlow34 964556887000 
MRutherford59... 964598186000 
KarenHarlow34 964645741000 
MRutherford59... 964696624000 
per page