Search for content in message boards

Alexander Stewart 1803 SC> TN > IL > MO

Replies: 0

Posted: 1521933116000
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Stewart, Dunham, Fisher
Two breakthroughs for Alexander Stewart born 1803 SC who died aft. 1856 in Pulaski County, MO. Alexander’s wife, Jane’s maiden name is not commonly known. I believe she is Jane Dunham, the daughter of William Dunham and Mary Fisher Dunham of North Carolina.
The second breakthrough is identifying Alexander and Jane’s first born son, William Dunham Stewart, who was born 1825 in TN. He died 19 Apr 1914 in Keytesville, Chariton Co. MO. William’s death certificate lists his father as Alex Stewart and his mother’s maiden name as Dunham. Both William and his parents lived in Dist. 72, Pulaski Co. MO in the 1850 Census.
Jane Stewart’s census records indicate that both of her parents were b. in NC. Her father, William Dunham, was b. 1780 in Rutherford, NC. He died in Effingham Co. IL in 1841. His wife, Mary Fisher Dunham was b. 1788 in NC and died in Effingham Co. in 1861. The Dunhams lived in NC, where Jane was born. They moved to Warren Co. TN where Alexander Stewart lived. I believe Alexander and Jane were married there and their son, William Dunham Stewart, was born there.
The Dunhams and the Stewarts both moved to Effingham Co. IL where they were early settlers and lived close to each other as described in Illinois Historical, Effingham County Biographical [Ancestry.com database online], p. 622.
I believe Alexander Stewart is the son of Alexander Stewart who d. in Warren Co. TN in 1836

Find a board about a specific topic