Search for content in message boards

Antonio Papa family in Chicago

Replies: 0

Antonio Papa family in Chicago

LINDA PAPA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2005 5:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Linda Papa and I'm trying to trace my fathers uncle and cousins .
My father is Gerardo Papa , and he has been living and working in the UK for the past 40 years.
I lost my grandfather in 1975 .My grandfather was Francesco Papa and he moved to the states with his brother Antonio .They had vineyards in the village of Senerchia .
Antonio stayed on and lived in Chicago where he had 11 children - his first born died at the age of 30 something - apparently he drowned and I have enclosed a photo , the only photo that my father has, of him and of a son who got married in Chicago ,Michelangelo- the photo I will be forwarding to you is of Antonios son and of Antonio himself with his wife -Ermilia also Papa! The address behind the photo is JANS PHOTO SERVICE -5712 SOUTH PULASKI-CHICAGO 29- ILLINOIS- PHONE RELIANCE 5-4122 HENSY JANKOWSKI
Most of the relatives were either shoemakers or worked in the lumber buisness.
I really hope to hear from someone soon , my dad has been trying for years to trace someone as he was very close to his uncle and when he left to go to the Uk at a very young age , his uncle wrote to him and sent him this photo - but through lack of time , he became a farmer and worked hard for a british family , he couldn't find the time and strength to keep in touch .

Regards

Linda

Find a board about a specific topic