Search for content in message boards

Ogilvies of Aberdeen

Replies: 19

Re: Ogilvies of Aberdeen

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ooh please do, my email is away-with-the-fairies89@hotmail.com :)

Hehe we knew there must have been something up with the hunter name, gog (gran) kept going over it but was adamant the name was Tough! - pronounced Tuck, and I wasn’t going to argue otherwise with her. Also I don’t know how his business ended, I’m not sure if gog does, but I’ll ask again when I see her on Saturday.

I was going through her photos again today with mum, after we'd been visiting Riseholme (the fist time I’ve ever been), and there are defiantly no photos to be found of Norman, Donald, Oswyn or Marcus, so unless Nancy has any, there’s a slight blank as I don’t think we have any contact details for anyone from Marcus, Oswyn or Donald’s family.

The only oldie photos we have are of Kepplestone and other photos of family homes, and two wedding photos for Norman and Janet as well as some non wedding photos of them, and on the main group one gog can now only name a few faces from it, including of course Norman and Janet’s parents as she struggles to properly see it, ooh other then a photo of Nancy as a small child with nanny Morley, there’s two portraits of Ellen Kershaw’s parents but that’s all really.

We thought if the weather is nice, this coming weds, mum and I would take gran for a day out to Riseholme, and visit St Mary’s, and the old house, and lay flowers on the family graves there etc.

I was aware of the Leach tree that was being done by Priscilla but not Jonathon, I’ve ended up commandeering all of gog’s parts from it, although there a fair few mistakes made for gran’s wee branch on it I noticed the other week, such as names and birth dates.

Hope your okay :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jessica dawso... 31 Jan 2009 10:30PM GMT 
libby_earle 12 Feb 2009 2:44PM GMT 
jessica dawso... 13 Feb 2009 10:36PM GMT 
libby_earle 16 Feb 2009 9:31AM GMT 
libby_earle 16 Feb 2009 9:31AM GMT 
libby_earle 16 Feb 2009 9:36AM GMT 
jessica dawso... 20 Feb 2009 12:24AM GMT 
siansumners99 8 Mar 2009 1:09PM GMT 
libby_earle 9 Mar 2009 8:57AM GMT 
siansumners99 22 Mar 2009 6:30PM GMT