Search for content in message boards

Ogilvie clan in Banff region in Scotland

Replies: 2

Re: Ogilvie clan in Banff region in Scotland

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 5:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello 'Any help out there...'?
I know this is rather an old thread to reply to but as research is 'never-ending' I just thought I'd see if there is any monitoring ongoing with this line of the OGILVIE's?
The Charles mentioned in Leisa Logan's 2000 thread is also the one associated with my other recent reply to a 2001 posted thread i.e.

"Gedees Family by b1bhby34
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 1:00PM
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 2:27PM
Surnames: Geddes, Nicol, Ogilvie

More Geddes information. Siblings not known by me.
James Geddes a Cabinet Maker by trade of Banff Scotland was born April 17, 1872 in Banff died Jan 9,1873 in Clyde River Nova Scotia.He had been the son of James Geddes a Linen Dresser.His mother's name had been Jane Shearer, whose father was a farmer and distiller.
He is said to have taken Sarah Ogilvie from her boarding school and they eloped and married March 11-1804.
At an rate James wife Sarah Ogilvie was the youngest daughter of Charles Ogilvie & Ellen Emlay or Imlay.
Her sister was Anne Ogilvie married William Nicol June 19, 1795 at the Parish of Gaameerie, Banff Scotland. It is from them that I have descended.
It is said that their brother William was of "Knighted" Title. Some of the descendants ofthat Ogilvie family are known to be in Australia as well as Canada.Happy searching fellow searchers!
unfortunately the Geddes name on James branch died out due to having girls. There was one son John of his second marriage that may have carried on that branch of the Geddes name if anyone is searching."

"Re: Ogilvie tree
WATTJ10
Posted: 13 Aug 2011 5:46PM

Can any one contributing to these threads, provide any further information on Charles Ogilvie m. Helen Imlach (Ellen Imlay) Gamrie, Banffshire, Scotland?
Our family line is said to come from Jean Ogilvie, another one of their daughters."

...so Sarah, Ann & our lines Jean or Jane Ogilvie are siblings.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Leisa Logan 12 Dec 2000 10:58PM GMT 
May-Brith Gustafsson 25 Feb 2001 12:31AM GMT 
WATTJ10 15 Aug 2011 11:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic