Search for content in message boards

Myler/Fancher (John E and Martha Patsy)

Replies: 3

Myler/Fancher (John E and Martha Patsy)

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 1:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Myler/Fancher
Hi all,

I've read the posts here and wondered if anyone has had any luck with the Myler-Fancher line?

I'm one of the ones who has spelled his middle name "Emerson" but I'm now thinking I'm wrong on that. My cousin, a generation older than I am & who had connection with family, does believe the name was at one time Miler or Miller but isn't certain when that changed.

As for the census records, isn't it usually a recorder who is in charge of the spelling and names are often spelled phonetically? Has anyone actually seen John Myler's signature? Do we have proof of his middle name?

I've also recently been in touch with a family member who corrected me on John's second wife Lucretia. Her name was Lucretia Smith-Jones (not Orr) as some people have supposed. The name Smith comes from her first marriage to Elijah Smith. And the name Jones comes from her marriage to John Jones after John Myler died. However, I'm not certain what her maiden name was, could that be where Orr comes from?

My main concern has been with Martha Patsy Fancher in trying to determine who her siblings were, and if she was related to the Fancher families killed in the MMM?

Patsy Fancher & John E Myler (I'd be grateful for proof of his middle name) were my gggGrandparents, and their son James E. Myler was my ggGrandfather.

Another question: anybody know the countries of origins for the Mylers and Fanchers? Or more about the spelling change of Myler from Miler/Miller?

Thanks for any help or for continued discussion on this line of the Mylers & Fanchers (and Lucretia and her children as well). They certainly are a challenge at the moment and I know many people have been researching them much longer than I have.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
23April23 6 Dec 2010 8:07PM GMT 
23April23 6 Dec 2010 11:50PM GMT 
MacFancher 4 Jun 2011 10:32PM GMT 
MacFancher 4 Jun 2011 10:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic