Search for content in message boards

Family of Thomas Greenberry Morrison

Replies: 0

Family of Thomas Greenberry Morrison

Posted: 1510435524000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Morrison, Hill, Cronk, Moore
Thomas Greenberry (Greenbury?) was the father of my grandmother, Tommie Maye Morrison Hill, Walter Morrison, and Frank Morrison. Their mother, I believe, was Emily (Emma?) Cronk Morrison. There were at least two other daughters who died at an early age en route to Brighton, Tennessee, after my great-grandmother, Emily or Emma, died. I believe my great-grandfather Morrison was born and died in or around Dallas, Texas. He was survived by his children and his sister, Jenny, and brother, Frank, who reared my grandmother and her brothers in Brighton, Tennessee. Neither Jenny nor Frank ever married or had children. Thomas G. Morrison then moved back to Texas. I do not know the year, but possibly around 1900. My grandmother (Tommie Maye) was born in 1894 and married my grandfather, Marvin Ear Hill, in 1917. She attended Southwestern in Dallas for one year, probably 1912. Tommie Maye and Marvin Earl lived out their lives in Brighton, TN, and were survived by four children: Franklin Maynard Hill, Marvin Earl Hill, Jr., (my father), Jean Hill Chisolm, and Zane Morrison Hill; I can name all their spouses. They were grandparents to 13 grandchildren, whom I can name if necessary. I also have names of their great-grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren. My great-uncle, Walter Morrison, moved back to Pearsall, Texas, and was married to Virginia Morrison. They had two daughters, Virginia Lee? and June and at least one brother, Charles, who died in prison after killing a man in a bar fight. My grandmother's brother, known as Brother Frank to distinguish him from Uncle Frank, was gassed in WWI and died in a mental institution in Bolivar, Tennessee. My grandmother also had relatives named John Morrison, Molly Morrison, and Leno Morrison in Brighton. All of my ancestors named above are now deceased except my aunt, Jean Hill Chisolm, and my uncle, Zane Morrison Hill. I need to know more about Thomas Greenberry and Emma Cronk Morrison's ancestors, especially his mother or grandmother, whose initial ring I own. I do know her last name was Morrison, so I suppose she married a Morrison. She could possibly be a Mary Morrison, but my memory fails me. I knew at one time. The three initials have worn off over the years, and I would like to have the ring re-engraved. My Aunt Jean, who is 93, gave me the ring but can no longer remember the name of the original family owner.

Find a board about a specific topic