Search for content in message boards

Information on Francis Marion Mckee

Replies: 7

Will of Samuel McKee

Posted: 6 Aug 2010 7:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Carolyn

Here is the will of Alexander's father Samuel.

Last Will and Testament
Of
Samuel McKee
Filed Nov.-1824
Chase M. Davies Probate Judge
Vol. 7 page 349
In the name of God, Amen. I, Samuel McKee, of the Township of Columbia, in the County of Hamilton and State of Ohio, considering the uncertainty of this mortal
Life and being of sound mind and perfect memory, Blessed be Almighty God, for the same, Do make and publish this my last will and Testament in the manner and form following
Viz: First I give and bequeath unto my beloved Wife, the one third of all my Estate both Real and Personal during her lifetime, 2ndly I give and bequeath unto my son Jeremiah D. McKee the sum of twenty five Dollars..3rdly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Elizabeth, One Horse, saddle and bridle….4thly I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Rachel, one Cow, one horse and saddle and bridle, and one Hundred Dollars in Money …5thly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Polly, One hundred Dollars in money,and one saddle and bridle…6thly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Cynthia, One Hundred Dollars in cash, one horse and saddle and bridle and one Cow… 7thly I give unto my Son Eli McKee One Hundred and Sixty Acres of Out Land….One hundred Dollars in cash and one horse and saddle and bridle…8thly I give unto my son Lewis McKee the Place whereon I now live containing 160 acres of land [Except as before devised]…9thly I give unto my sons Samuel C. McKee and Alexander McKee, two dollars each…10thly I give unto David Conner McKee two dollars. I wish it here to be understood that the legacy given to Jeremiah D. McKee, Samuel C. McKee, Alexander McKee , David Conner McKee and my daughters Elizabeth and Polly are in full of what I wish them to have as they have all had considerable and lastly I ordain and appoint my son Lewis McKee my sole executor to this my last Will and Testament, hereby Revoking all former Wills by me made in Witness whereof, I, the said Samuel McKee have hereunto …[this part not readable as the paper was too far up on the copier. Jeh]
In the year of our Lord one thousand Eight Hundred and nineteen. Signed, Sealed and published and declared by the before named Samuel McKee to be his last will and testament In the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses in presence of the Testator.
Oliver Jones
John Jones Samuel McKee [seal]

Be it remembered that in the Term of November Anno Domini eighteen hundred twenty four of the Court of Common Pleas within and for Hamilton county personally appeared in Open Court Oliver Jones one of the subscribing witnesses in Said Will named, who being duly sworn, according to law deposeth and Saith that he was personally present when the testator, Samuel McKee deceased, signed published and declared the foregoing instrument of writing to be his last will and testament and that he believed the Said Testator to be of sound mind, Memory and judgment at the time of the signing Sealing, publishing and declaring the said instrument of writing to be his last will and testament and that he subscribed his name thereto in the presence of and at the request of the Said Testator and further the said Oliver Jones deposeth and Saith that the signature of John be the other Subscribing Witness to said Will is the proper signature of the said John and that he heard the Said John Say he signed his name as a Witness to said Will and further he saith not Sworn……..
Accompanying papers
Know all men by these presents that we…[Lewis McKee’s signature…Solomon Pest[?] and Oliver Jones of the County of Hamilton and the State of Ohio are held firmly bound unto the State of Ohio in the just and full sum of four thousand dollars, for the payment whereof and truly to be made, we bind ourselves and each of us, our heirs, executors and administrators, and each of them firmly by these presents. Sealed with our seals, and dated at Cincinnati this 11th day of December, eighteen hundred and twenty four.
The condition of the above Obligation is such, that if the above named Lewis McKEe who is the qualified executor of the last will and testament of Samuel McKee, dec’d and of all and singular the goods, chattels and credits of said…deceased, which have or shall come into his possession, or the possession of any other person for him to well and truly administer..[and faithfully discharge his duty as such executor in all things…this line is handwritten between printed lines…jeh]
According to law; and further, do make a full and true account of his [administration, crossed out and executorship written in] within 12 months, [or agreeable to law..handwritten and several lines crossed out]
And if it shall hereafter appear, that any [further,written in] last will and testament was made by the deceased, and the executor or executors, executrix or executrixes therein named, shall prove the same agreeable to law, and request letters testamentary thereokn, if the within bound [Lewis McKee in writing] on being by the Court required, deliver up said letters of administration, then the Obligation to be void and of now effect, otherwise to be and remain in full force and virtue.
Signed, sealed and delivered
In the presence of Lewis McKee seal
Solomon Pest “
O Jones “
Errasurea and interlineations made before signed: David Gano, Clerk
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
carolynellis4... 19 Jun 2010 4:00AM GMT 
tpd619501 5 Aug 2010 1:55AM GMT 
carolynellis4... 5 Aug 2010 5:29AM GMT 
tpd619501 5 Aug 2010 10:25PM GMT 
tpd619501 8 Aug 2010 5:55PM GMT 
tpd619501 6 Aug 2010 1:06PM GMT