Search for content in message boards

Need help in Greensburg, Pa.-Sam'l & Robert McKee

Replies: 5

Re: Need help in Greensburg, Pa.-Sam'l & Robert McKee

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: McKees-Samuel & Robert
Thanks for your reply. I just wrote a leter way too long, and lost it. I've never thought we were connected to the Rockbridge
Ky. bunch, but I have seen a list of the children of Wm. and Marion Brown?? on which David McKee appears as having gone to Pa. Of course there are two groups, same names almost, who came 20 yrs apart, and McKees use the same names-it's hard. We do not use Wm, Hugh, Alexander, as a rule. We are not related to Alexnder the Tory, who started McKeesRocks. My grandad always said we were of the founding family, but a researcher says Samuel was omitted, as he was born at the time of the move to the river fork?? I cannot yet say who I come from before James, b.1803. I know his sister, Nancy, (Joseph Pierce) was the dtr. of Saml Mck Jr., so I assume. I know Jr's father was son of Saml.(killed young) and Margaret. She then mard. a Veasy, and their kids mard. into the Pierce family, and James did too. Sam Jr.(and a John) later got the widows home, but I cannot prove who Samls family was. He always lived among the sons of David--Robert, Thomas,and all were administrators of their wills, land papers.
In a 1928 aricle in Greensburg paper, it described a special program on memorial day when wreaths were placed on graves of Capt. Robt McKee and "his brother" Sgt. Saml. McKee, so that tells me my Saml is not the son of that Robert, d. 1813. He leaves his farm to sons, Robert and Saml.
Do you have anything on Thomas, son of David. My friend here in Parsons, Ks., is direct line to him.
I believe our line of McKees is parents in Ireland, John and Ester Hawthorne. 12 children, David was the youngest, and only he and Andrew (b.1696,d.1768) came to U.S.
John mard. a Margaret in Franklin, Pa. I see you have a mcKee mard. to a Cunningham girl. Davids sons, David and James mard. Cunninghams, too.
I must close-before I fall asleep. Thanks, Donna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
seeleys_1 9 Jan 2008 9:31PM GMT 
pgifford10 11 Jan 2008 2:11AM GMT 
seeleys_1 11 Jan 2008 6:47AM GMT 
sandraseamaan... 27 Jan 2008 1:09PM GMT 
seeleys_1 28 Jan 2008 5:45AM GMT 
sandraseamaan... 28 Jan 2008 10:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic