Search for content in message boards

LOYD/LLOYD - Fredericksburg Township, Lennox and Addington, Ontario Canada

Replies: 0

LOYD/LLOYD - Fredericksburg Township, Lennox and Addington, Ontario Canada

Posted: 1441662705000
Classification: Biography
I just upload a Loyd/Lloyd file for Canadian Loyd/Lloyd families.The file is open to all but to view notes and details you will need to ask for complete access.

LOYD/LLOYD 1
Fredericksburg Township, Lennox and Addington, Ontario Canada
This Loyd/Lloyd file will have errors and omissions. I tried to utilize a number of sources including genealogy from descendants. Some dates go a long way back so finding documented sources is difficult and records are not always available.
Daniel Loyd 1763-1802 and George Henry Loyd 1765-1834 were brothers and proven to be United Empire Loyalists. I believe they may have been the sons of Edward Loyd & Marie Young but no documentation was found. I hope Loyd descendants can utilize this information and make corrections.
Daniel and George Henry Loyd settled in Lennox and Addington, Ontario Canada (Canada West). No burial locations found but likely they are somewhere in Fredericksburg Township. If the final burial places could be located and no grave markers indicated, possibly a dedication mark can be arranged. The United Empire Loyalists of Canada will often add a UE plaque to the cemetery where a Loyalist is buried. For more information on Loyalists visit the site http://www.uelac.org/ Search the “Loyalist Directory” to find the Loyd/Lloyd Empire Loyalist names.

Find a board about a specific topic