Search for content in message boards

Mrs. Julia ROBINSON, Mrs. Ruth MOORE, Mrs. Aurelia HARRIS, sisters in Maine

Replies: 1

Mrs. Julia ROBINSON, Mrs. Ruth MOORE, Mrs. Aurelia HARRIS, sisters in Maine

Posted: 9 Aug 2011 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson, Moore, Harris, Kidder, Wilkins
Hello,

While I'm thinking of my KIDDER families in Princeton and Calais, Maine, I'd like to say that I'm still interested in finding out more information on 3 sisters of my great-grandfather. Joseph and Clarissa (WILKINS) KIDDER had 6 children, 3 sons and 3 daughters. The 3 sons of "Joe" and "Clara" I have information on and have found at least one descendant of them. But, their 3 daughters have been much more difficult to trace.

Julia ROBINSON and her sister, "Rilla" HARRIS, with their husbands, mostly lived in the Waterville / Winslow, ME, area. I believe John and Julia only had the one son, Leslie ROBINSON. I'm told he married but I don't remember if he had children. I believe he remained living in that area. John and "Rilla" HARRIS had a son and then a daughter. Later on they divorced, and I believe the teen-age son went to live with his father. And I can't find them in US censuses and wonder if they went to New Brunswick. The younger daughter remained with her mother. I don't think I ever found out whether the daughter married. (Information is in the archives of the Boards and Lists.)

Alexander "Alex" and Ruth MOORE had 3 children, and they lived in the Houlton, ME, area, and also across the border into a nearby town in New Brunswick. Unfortunately, Alex and Ruth died young, leaving their children as orphans. I'm told they were raised in N.B. by 2 MOORE aunts. (There is someone who researches this family, and is descended from them.)

I just took this list from an old posting of mine:

Mrs. John Robinson (Mrs. Julia Robinson)
Mrs. Alex Moore (Mrs. Ruth Moore)
Mrs. John Harris (Mrs. Aurelia "Rilla" Harris)

My great-grandfather was George "Sanford" KIDDER, b1870 in Princeton, ME. There is information on his 2 younger brothers in the archives of the Lists and Boards. I can't think of their names at this second, but I can look them up. These 2 brothers moved their young families to Berlin, NH. The older one remained there. The younger one got very ill and his wife had to return the family to Princeton, ME. She had 4 very young sons and was pregnant with their first daughter when they traveled. This brother died about a year after his daughter was born. (I have corresponded with descendants of both brothers.)

My "Sanford" KIDDER married for the first time in Eastport, ME, but she died 6 mos. after the wedding. Miss Louise RICE was visiting her father's relatives in Eastport and Lubec, and that's probably how they met. She was from Winchester, MA, and part of the very large HUTCHINSON Farm. They married in Maine but came down to Winchester to live. They had a daughter and then 2 sons and lived in Winchester.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 9 Aug 2011 11:42AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 9 Aug 2011 11:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic