Search for content in message boards

KIDDER name in NH, 1730's on (my line) (NH LIST ??)

Replies: 2

Re: KIDDER name in NH, 1730's on (my line) (NH LIST ??)

Posted: 15 May 2011 7:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kidder
Hi again,

This is the KIDDER web site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kidderfami...

And, I can mention that there is both a KIDDER List and a KIDDER Board. They were both very active for many years. But, there was a problem on the List ~4 yrs. ago and it became very inactive. Very disappointing for all the KIDDER researchers who enjoyed discussing those ancestors.

Oh, I can mention that one researcher is having a small "KIDDER reunion" in July, and I think in VA. It's mentioned on the above KIDDER web site.

Most of the KIDDER's in the US are descended from "Ensign James Kidder" (1626-1676). But, there were a few Kidders who arrived in 1700's who were not related to him.

Oh, I can mention that my ancestor, Joseph KIDDER, of New Ipswich and Temple, NH, had an older brother, Reuben KIDDER, of New Ipswich. And, Reuben was very well known in southern NH, for several reasons. One reason was his large "apple orchard" and "cider." He and his wife also had many children, and many descendants. I believe it is the "Kidder book" or it might be the "history of New Ipswich" which mentions that Reuben KIDDER kept many "Kidder items" in his home. No one knows what happened to them.

One Kidder lived in Bristol, NH, and I think "Kidder items" were in that area, also, and also not found by current people.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 15 May 2011 12:58PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 15 May 2011 1:14PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 15 May 2011 5:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic