Search for content in message boards

Parents of Joseph VM Hutchison (JVM) b 1821 NJ and Andrew J Hutchison (AJ) b 1815 SC - Nacogdoches, Texas

Replies: 0

Parents of Joseph VM Hutchison (JVM) b 1821 NJ and Andrew J Hutchison (AJ) b 1815 SC - Nacogdoches, Texas

Posted: 1421021219000
Classification: Query
I have been looking for this info for years as well as many other relatives and no one has found anything,so I am trying again.

I am looking for the parents of Joseph and Andrew:

- Joseph V.M. Hutchison (V may stand for Vaniel). Census records of course have typos on last name as variations Hutchinson, Hutcherson, Hutcheson, and so on. Born either 1814 or 1821 in NJ or OH. Married Sarah Bailey in Texas and had several children. Died I believe he was buried 09/14/1887.

-Andrew J. Hutchison (J most likely stands for John and he was sometimes listed as Anderson instead of Andrew, but mostly used "AJ"). Census shows born 1815 in SC. He was believed to have spent time in Fayette County Alabama where he married his wife and moved to Texas in 1849. I believe he was buried 04/03/1890.

Both were confederate soldiers in the civil war and specifically were in mexican war of 1849 in monterey and others under zachary taylor who would later be the 12th us president. I believe they were both buried in glenwood cemetery whom i am waiting on an inquiry from.

Someone who researched them who has since passed believe the parents were named T. John Hutchison and Amanda. Some say the father was the immigrant and others say both parents were born in new jersey.

I know there are some early Scottish immigrants in New Jersey, such as Robert Hutchison who arrived 1684 on Henry and Francis and settled, but trying to find possible links backwards without knowing much could be disastrous.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic