Search for content in message boards

Hastings Tempest HOLT searching birth c1850

Replies: 1

Re: Hastings Tempest HOLT searching birth c1850

Posted: 1520089297000
Classification: Query
I've just picked up on this message (March 2018) but I don't imagine I can be of any help.
I've been looking for Tempest Holts for many years, because my Mother's side of the family frequently used Tempest as a christian name, and the surnname was Holt.
It looks as if Tempest was a fairly popular christian name in the mid 1800s, and even a bit earlier. Most of the Holt families came from Lancashire, so most of the Tempest Holts are also found here.
My own lot first appear in London, and then moved to south London and eventually Wimbledon. The earliest one I have is Tempest Holt, d.o.b. unknown, married in 1778, who was a publican at The Bird in Hand, Longacre, London from 1791 to 1793. He ended up in the debtors' prison, so presumably went bankrupt, in 1794.
Any Tempest Holts you find in Lancashire are not mine, while any south of the Thames probably are.
Any use? The 'T' in my initials is for Tempest, but my Mother never knew why it was part of the Holt family name or what the connections were. I've been trying to make connections ever since.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joe Jones 1416616969000 
djtm1 1520089297000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic