Search for content in message boards

Catherine "Kate" Harkness

Replies: 1

Catherine "Kate" Harkness

Posted: 1347750918000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1347752804000
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for Catherine "Kate" Harkness. She married George Albert PRICE, and I know that she passed on or about July 30, 1917. To my understanding, she is buried at or near Salisbury Methodist Church.

There are rumours out there that she is Mi'kmaq, but I have found nothing to substantiate this claim. I have learned that she was believed to have been a native of Prince Edward Island, Canada

Kate and George had 3 biological children, Annie Price (m. Murray MacLean), Eva Price (m. Daniel Hasset) and Ada Secord Price (m. Herbert WIlliam Roundell; my lineage). It has also been reported that they had a 4th child, a son, named Clifford. A relative told me that it was believed that Clifford was the son of another family member and that Kate and George adopted him.

I also know that Kate had siblings. Margaret Jane (Jean?) Harkness was born in North Bedeque, PEI, Canada about 1842 and married Lawrence YEO around 1863. They had 12 children.

Kate and Margaret also had a brother, Anthony. Also from my understanding, he moved to Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.

I would love to know more information about her, even who her parents were, if at all possible :-)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thestorm175 1347750918000 
thestorm175 1508582594000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic