Search for content in message boards

Hamilton Penn & Mich

Replies: 17

Re: Hamilton Penn & Mich

Posted: 5 Oct 2009 10:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hamilton/Logue Family of Crawford County, Pennsylvania
In 1964 I visited an aunt in Meadville,Pa. My two aunts were saying that we were related to the Hamilton/Logue family. They did not write anything down, but I figured it out. My grandfather's mother was Rosa Bower. Her parents were Sarah (Hamilton) Sarah's father was Johnathan Hamilton son of James Hamilton and Mary Agnes Hamilton. Sarah married David Bower. I don't know where. They lived in Geauga and Trumball County Ohio where they had their 3 children, Rosa, Charles E. and Ada, then Rosa lived in Oil City when she was married to Richard Foley, born in England. It was there, they raised their children.
My aunts and uncles are all deceased. They said that Rosa Foley was a dark woman, with dark hair and dark eyes. She was very strict and when they visited her they could not say Grandma, they had to say Mrs. Foley. Richard Foley died, leaving her a widow with all her young children. He was a builder of homes in and around Oil City Venango County, Pa. He was run over by his horse and buggy. A car made a loud noise, his horses jumped, he got out and tried to console them, but the heavy cart filled with lumber ran over him.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
allison_diana... 7 Feb 2013 4:25AM GMT 
fitzrandolph0... 21 Dec 2001 10:58PM GMT 
jimandkayh1 21 Apr 2002 5:48PM GMT 
fjbopp325 9 May 2007 3:20PM GMT 
rbest2 13 Dec 2002 6:16PM GMT 
lauriedavis65 22 Mar 2007 12:28AM GMT 
Vicky_Valenti... 5 Oct 2009 4:55PM GMT 
Vicky_Valenti... 5 Oct 2009 4:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic