Search for content in message boards

Curran - Galway to Norwood MA

Replies: 0

Curran - Galway to Norwood MA

Posted: 1461799347000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Curran, Lydon, Folan, Conneely, Connelly, King
Hi, My father (who is 93) recently did Ancestry DNA and has very strong matches to Folan, Lydon, King, and Conneely/Connelly. His great-grandparents were Martin Curran and Catherine Ryan, both born in Ireland. His grandfather was Martin Curran, born in 1875 in Norwood MA. Martin had a sister, Lena (her real name may have been Bridget) who married John Cavanaugh and they lived in Norwood. My great grandfather, Martin (1875-1910), came to NYC where he married Lena Bernard (1880-1905) in the late 1890's. They had three children, Madeline (1898-1970), Martin (1900 -1901), and Alexander (1902-1960). Martin was 35 and Lena was 25 when they both died of TB. Madeline (my grandmother) and her brother, Alexander, survived but were placed in a children's home with a sanitarium. My grandmother didn't know much about her Curran family because she was only 7 when her mother died and she was separated from her father. My father would love to know more about his Curran history. I am hoping someone with the same connections may be able to fill in some details for him.

Find a board about a specific topic