Search for content in message boards

John Grealish children of Carna/Clifden?

Replies: 1

John Grealish children of Carna/Clifden?

Posted: 1403733002000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grealish Joyce
I am trying to help a distant relative piece together her family narrative. Her grandfather, William, was born in the 1920's, and William's father was John Grealish. I believe that my great-aunt's sister, Anne Joyce of Garafin, Rosmuc, married this same John Grealish, a widower, at Galway's St. Nicholas RC Cathedral in 1928. This relative has a date of birth for William that is not exact, and she is trying to figure out if Anne is the mom, or if he is from John's first marriage. The best I can tell, William had two siblings, Patrick and Mary, also born in the 1920's. The Family Search Irish birth index lists one William Grealish, born in 1924, for Oranmore, but it is not the right record. Anne and John's marriage record lists John's father as Thomas, and the only John, son of Thomas, I can find on the IFHF website that fits the bill was born in Rosmuc and was presumably raised at Loughconeera, a part of Gabhla, in Carna, Galway. Presumably, John married between 1911 and 1928, and either had these children, William, Patrick and Mary, with his first wife, or, out-of-wedlock, with Anne Joyce. Anne Joyce went on to marry Charles F. McConnell in the UK after John's death, and I was always under the impression that Anne never had her own children. If anyone is familiar with these names, I'd appreciate assistance. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
meiriceanach 1403733002000 
William Greal... 1471864920000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic