Search for content in message boards

Easons

Replies: 2
Posted: 1169236238000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eason---GA, SC, NC, VA
For those of you that have traced your lineage back as far as George Eason Sr...his father was William Jr, grandfather William Sr Eason....This William Eason Sr who married Elizabeth Windley was Edqward Eason's son....the very one and same Edward Eason that is recorded in "Early Virginia Immigrants" as having arrived in 1637 by John Neall (Neale). He might have been apprenticed....I am not certain of it though....I only know that we were a British colony at that time and it was the law that a person might obtain 50 acres per head he brought to the new colony...John Neale brought 4 persons....Edward Eason being one of these....Edward's son William...I believe...went back to England to marry...brought over his wife and 12 other persons...and for such was granted 700 acres...now he must first have been able to pay for the passage of 14 persons to be able to guarantee their transport and secure the 700 acres in Nansemond County...Nansemund (sp?) River...a neighbor to both John Neale and pillar of the community...John Wilkins...farming and ranching were the thing...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
georgiaeasons 1169236238000 
Robert Melson 1169282618000 
James Eason 1508690054000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic