Search for content in message boards

Sorting out the various Cornelius CARLICKs, CARLOCKs, and CARLOUGHs

Replies: 1

Sorting out the various Cornelius CARLICKs, CARLOCKs, and CARLOUGHs

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRILHART, CAERLOG, CARELOCK, CARLICK, CARLOCK, CARLOUGH, CARR, CERLOCK, FREEMAN, GERLACH, GERLAG, GERLAGH, GOERLOCH, KERLOCK, LINDSEY, MCLAIN, PYRON, ROSE, SENTNER
Reference: http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.carlock/657/mb.ashx

I am attempting to sort out the various Cornelius CARLOCKs, CARLICKs, and CARLOUGHs. Please let me know if you have additional information or corrections which might assist me in this process.

Frederick Cornelius “Cornelius” CARLOCK (s/o John CARLOCK, Sr.; Frederick CARLOCK; Frederick CARLOCK/CARELOCK/CERLOCK/KERLOCK; David GERLACH/CARLOCK, Johan Peter “Hans” GERLACH), b. 1809, Mecklenburg Co., NC; m. #1. 5 Oct. 1831, Mecklenburg Co., NC, Matilda PYRON (1815 – ca. 1863); m. #2, 15 Nov. 1866, Ashley Co., AR, Rebecca BRILHART LINDSEY (ca. 1821 – 1903), widow of Caleb LINDSEY; occupations farmer and tanner.

Cornelius CARLOCK, White; b. 1819, NJ; d. 14 Aug. 1885, Washington, Bergen Co., NJ.

Cornelius CARLOUGH, s/o Jeremiah CARLOUGH and Elizabeth “Betsy”, b. 27 July 1820. Had siblings Jacob CARLOUGH, b. 12 Jun 1817, and Jeremiah CARLOUGH, b. 17 Sept. 1819. Cornelius was baptized 6 Aug. 1820, Paramus, Bergen Co., NJ. I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius’s father Jeremiah CARLOUGH to the rest of the family tree.

Cornelius Smith CARLOCK, b. ca. 28 July 1821; d. 19 Sept. 1839; bd. Old Paramus Reformed Church Cemetery, Ridgewood, Bergen Co., NJ. (Is this the same person as the Cornelius CARLOUGH who is listed above as b. 27 July 1820?)

Cornelius E. CARLOCK, b. Feb. 1837, NY; d. 1905 – 1910, probably NY; Civil War veteran, __ 37 NJ Infantry; shoemaker; residence Clarkstown, Rockland Co., NY, m. ca. 1860 Hester Abigail “Abigail” (1841 – 1918). I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius to the rest of the family tree, but records suggest that both of his parents were born in NY.

Cornelius Smith CARLOCK, b. ca. 7 Feb. 1845; d. 19 Apr. 1849; bd. Old Paramus Reformed Church Cemetery, Ridgewood, Bergen Co., NJ.

Cornelius CARLICK (s/o Peter B. Westervelt CARLICK/CARLOCK/CARLOUGH), b. ca. 1846; residence Manchester Township, Passaic Co., NJ, 1850. I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius’s father to the rest of the family tree.

Cornelius W. CARLOUGH, b. Feb. 1846, NJ, residence Washington Township, Bergen Co., NJ, 1880, 1900, and Saddle River Borough, Bergen Co., NJ, 1910; m. #1 ______, probably before 1870; m. #2, 1878 – 1879, Hester Ann “Annie” (b. June 1861, PA); had children James H. CARLOCK (b. 1869) and William H. CARLOUGH (b. 1875), as well as probably the parent of grandson Floyd CARLOUGH (b. 1893). I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius to the rest of the family tree, but censuses suggest that both of his parents were born in NJ.

Alfred Cornelius CARLOCK (s/o John R. CARLOCK; Frederick Cornelius “Cornelius” CARLOCK/CARELOCK; John CARLOCK, Sr.; Frederick CARLOCK; Frederick CARLOCK/CARELOCK/CERLOCK/KERLOCK; David GERLACH/CARLOCK, Johan Peter “Hans” GERLACH), b. 29 Dec. 1870, Crossett, Ashley Co., AR; m. 11 Jan. 1902, AR, Myrtle Belle MCLAIN (1886 – 1936); d. 13 Nov. 1931, Healdton, Carter Co., OK; bd. Mt. Olive Cemetery, Healdton, Carter Co., OK.

Cornelius L. CARLOCK (s/o Abraham/Abram CARLOCK, Henry S. CARLOCK, Simon CARLOCK, Heinrich/Hendrick/Henry GOERLOCH/CAERLOG/CARLOCK, Juriaen "George" GERLACH/GERLAGH/CARLOCK, Coenraad "Conrad" GERLACH/GERLAG/CARLOCK, Johan Peter “Hans” GERLACH), b. Aug. 1873, NJ; residence Clarkstown, Rockland Co., NY, 1880, 1900; Orangetown, Rockland Co., NY, 1910, 1930; East Haven Town, New Haven Co., CT, 1920; and Nyack, Rockland Co., NY; m. 26 Jul 1885, Charlotte Elizabeth “Elizabeth” ROSE (b. 1857).

Cornelius CARLICK m. Philomena SENTNER, 30 Aug. 1904, Allegheny Co., PA.

Cornelius CARLOUGH (s/o James H. CARLOUGH, Cornelius W. CARLOUGH), b. June 1891, NJ; bd. Fair Lawn Memorial Cemetery, Fair Lawn, Bergen Co., NJ. I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius’s grandfather to the rest of the family tree, but censuses state that both of his parents were born in NJ.

Cornelius CARLOCK (s/o Francis CARLOCK, b. GA, and Otha, b. GA), White, b. Feb. 1892, Indian Territory; residence Chickasaw Nation, Indian Territory, 1900; had siblings Charley CARLOCK (b. 1888); Frank CARLOCK (b. 1890); Francis CARLOCK (b. 1894); Jess E. CARLOCK (b. 1896). I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius’s father Francis CARLOCK to the rest of the family tree, but have information suggesting that both of his parents were born in GA.

Cornelius CARLOUGH (s/o Peter W. CARLOUGH and Jennie), b. 22 Aug. 1893, NJ; d. Feb. 1968; residence Orvil Township, Bergen Co., NJ, 1900; bd. Wyckoff Reformed Church Cemetery, Wyckoff, Bergen Co., NJ; had siblings William CARLOUGH (b. 1892); John Chester “Chester” CARLOUGH (1895 – 1930); and George D. CARLOUGH (1898 – 1902). I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius’s father Peter W. CARLOUGH to the rest of the family tree.

Fred Cornelius CARLOCK (s/o Alfred Cornelius CARLOCK, John R. CARLOCK; Frederick Cornelius “Cornelius” CARLOCK/CARELOCK; John CARLOCK, Sr.; Frederick CARLOCK; Frederick CARLOCK/CARELOCK/CERLOCK/KERLOCK; David GERLACH/CARLOCK, Johan Peter “Hans” GERLACH), b. 22 Oct. 1911, McAllen, Hidalgo Co., TX; d. 24 Dec. 1931, McAllen, Hidalgo Co., TX; m. Ollie CARR.

Alton Cornelius CARLOCK (s/o Everett CARLOCK, Robert Newton CARLOCK, Joseph S. CARLOCK, John CARLOCK, George CARLOCK, Frederick CARLOCK/CARELOCK/CERLOCK/KERLOCK; David GERLACH/CARLOCK, Johan Peter “Hans” GERLACH), b.7 Dec. 1911, MS; d. 5 Nov 1991, residence Franklin Co., MS, 1920, and Vidalia, Concordia Parish, LA, 1990; m. Mildred Lucinda FREEMAN (1918 – 2005).

Cornelius CARLOUGH (s/o Floyd CARLOUGH, _____ CARLOUGH, Cornelius W. CARLOUGH), (1915 – 1970); residence Hawthorne, Passaic Co., NJ, 1920; Fair Lawn, Bergen Co., NJ, 1930, 1940; m. Martha (b. ca. 1918). I have not yet been able to connect Cornelius’s great-grandfather to the rest of the family tree, but censuses state that both of his parents were born in NJ. Furthermore, although the younger Cornelius CARLOUGH’s father Floyd CARLOUGH was listed as a grandson living in the household of his grandfather Cornelius W. CARLOUGH, at the time of the 1900 and 1910 censuses, I have not yet been able to identify the names of Floyd’s parents.

Susan Cearlock Tilleman (setilleman@gmail.com)
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/t/i/l/Susan-E-Til...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SETilleman 23 Sep 2012 11:54PM GMT 
SETilleman 13 Mar 2013 7:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic