Search for content in message boards

Edmund Ogden Bates 1808-1886 born in Peekskill, Westchester Co, NY- parents: Samuel & Abigail

Replies: 0

Edmund Ogden Bates 1808-1886 born in Peekskill, Westchester Co, NY- parents: Samuel & Abigail

Posted: 1512420334000
Classification: Query
I'm looking for more information about Edmund's parents Samuel & Abigail Bates. In Edmund's obituary (which I believe ran in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle), it mentions that Abigail descended from Col. Henry Ludington. Here's an excerpt:

Rev. Edmund O. Bates.
The Rev. Edmund Ogden Bates died in Brooklyn,N. Y., May 8, 1886, in his 78th year
in Peekskill, Westchester County June 21, 1808; was the eldest son of Samuel and
Abigail Bates, and was descended, on his mother's side, from Col. Ludington, of the Revolutionary Army. When 17 Edmund was converted, and united on probation with Duane Street Methodist Episcopal Church of which his mother was then a member.

I don't have any information about either Samuel or Abigail, other than birth records for their children:
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9188/42514_342758-00313...

Does anyone have info about a Samuel and Abigail Bates in Westchester County, NY between 1770-1816?
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic