Search for content in message boards

Bas(s)ford web site

Replies: 0

Bas(s)ford web site

Posted: 1421159482000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Basford, Bassford
Hi all,

As some of you noticed the Bassford website (formerly at www.basford.org/genealogy) has not been operational for several months. While I managed the content on the genealogy portion of the website, it was actually hosted by Chuck Basford. I was grieved to learn of Chuck's death when the website suddenly stopped working and I tried to contact him. As I was investigating what it would take to reactivate the web domain and transfer control to me, I found that it was going to be quite costly to work with the web hosting company that Chuck had used. After reaching out to other Basford researchers to see if anyone was willing to help with the expenses, Reb Orrell stepped forward and offered to host the website and volunteered to set it up with a new domain name. So, I am happy to announce that the Basford website is back up and functioning at a new address:

http://www.basfordfamily.org/

I have recreated the website and updated all of the databases so that they are up-to-date with the latest data that I have collected. I think the only things that were lost were a few of the photos that Chuck had uploaded himself that I didn't have copies of.

As usual, if anyone has corrections or additional information relating to Basford/Bassford genealogy I would love to hear from you!

Regards,
Kevin Spaulding (kespauld@rochester.rr.com)

Find a board about a specific topic