Search the Boards

Search Results for "doubell" - 91 Messages

per page

ferminger - married in hawkhurst Posted on: 02 Sep 2004, by maz

Surnames > Constance

...have one Ferminger name to go by!!!! agnes adelaide ferminger..... all i know is she married william doubell in hawkhurst in 1854. i know of two sons they had, charles and albert doubell both born in hawkhurst - s...

Doubell Surname Posted on: 06 Jun 2000, by Clive Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi I'm just starting a search for any info on my forebearers. I currently live in South Africa but will be moving to Canada soon. Please respond with any info if you have - it will be highly appreciat...

Family History Posted on: 01 Sep 2000, by Paul Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi clive Sorry its taken a while to reply, I have been away. Ref the Doubells in England, the family tree has many off shoots and to make a search from where your particular branch of family started,...

Info on family history Posted on: 15 Aug 2000, by Paul Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hello Clive, just a quick note first to try and establish contact. The family information my father and I have is mainly about the Doubells in England, but I have just started looking into connections...

Info on family history Posted on: 15 Aug 2000, by Clive Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Paul Thanks for the reply. Any info that you have on the Doubells in England would be highly appreciated. This is where my fathers's father's father came from. Cheers Clive

Family History Posted on: 05 Sep 2000, by Clive Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...clive@cybermatix.com The info I have on the South African Doubells is not all that much: The first Doubell or Doubell’s came to South Africa in the period 1820 (at that time there were a group of families th...

Re: edward rumens Posted on: 14 Oct 2007, by daverumens1

Surnames > Rumens

...William Barham (From Frant) 31 May 1803. Edward Double & Ruth Crowhurst 26th Jan 1830. Elizabeth Doubell & William Tompsett 5th July 1830. Marriage Wadhusrt Church - Edward was married to Ruth Cro...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 23 Oct 2007, by drawbridgep

Surnames > Doubell

Not sure my last post worked correctly. Anyway, I've managed to create a tree from David Drawbridge downwards (actually included his father too) it goes all teh way to the current Drawbridges. My...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 23 Oct 2007, by drawbridgep

Surnames > Doubell

I've managed to create a family tree for David Drawbridge based on a lot of information from one of his decendents in the US. I was hoping to link to my Drawbridge line (the same one as Frank liste...

Drawbridge family trees 1700's - present need linking. Posted on: 24 Oct 2007, by drawbridgep

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Kent > General

...Drawbridge 1742 Thomas Drawbridge b 1753 http://trees.ancestry.com/fhs/home.aspx?tid=4214091 and George Doubell Drawbridge b in the mid-late 1700's http://trees.ancestry.com/fhs/home.aspx?tid=4214115 I KN...

Re: edward rumens Posted on: 16 Oct 2007, by daverumens1

Surnames > Rumens

...William Barham (From Frant) 31 May 1803. Edward Double & Ruth Crowhurst 26th Jan 1830. Elizabeth Doubell & William Tompsett 5th July 1830. Marriage Wadhusrt Church - Edward was married to Ruth Cro...

Re: Holmdens of Montcalm and Kent co., MI Posted on: 05 May 2007, by trevorholmden

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Montcalm

...Holmden (abt.1795-1867) who married Ann Killick in 1816 at Edenbridge and in later life married Mary Ann Doubell in 1855.He was a farmer and lived and worked at Broxham farm, Coakham farm in the Edenbridge l...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 05 Feb 2008, by arijaba

Surnames > Doubell

Hello Millicent There's a George Double born 1798 Christened 10 Apr 1798 in East Bergholt Suffolk but data other than his parents being John Double and Mary Woods. There' no mention of a Michael or a...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 04 Feb 2008, by Millicent87

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Sandra Could you please check your spreadsheet of Doubell names for George, or, Michael George Doubell born about 1797? I cannot find any trace of him before his marriage in South Africa in 1827. Kind regards...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 18 May 2008, by raymonddoubel...

Surnames > Doubell

My information is that Michael George Doubell was born in 1799. Ended up in South Africa (in what is now the Eastern Cape province). Married a Dutch (i.e. Afrikaans in modern terms) girl surnamed de Lange....

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 03 May 2008, by Millicent87

Surnames > Doubell

Thank you for your reply, Sandra. Regards Millicent

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 05 Feb 2008, by Millicent87

Surnames > Doubell

Thank you so much Sandra. I'll see if I can follow his line. Regards Millicent

Re: amos,ricks, brown, wembridge, Posted on: 04 Oct 2008, by FredSocks

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > London > London

...Cemetary recently and were able to find it and take two photos. Also on the headstone was Eric William Doubell, husband of Ethel. Please let me know if this is of interest, or if you know of anyone else wh...

Doubell Posted on: 25 Jun 2009, by joanbricknell...

Surnames > Doubell

...someone will be able to help me - all I know is that my Grandparents names were Ann Elizabeth and Joseph Doubell(I think I have their names right) - they dies in the Vereeniging area - their childrens names ...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 12 Feb 2009, by zaff174

Surnames > Doubell

Hallo Sharon I am one of the South African Doubell from Port Elizabeth.I will also want to know my roots.If you have any information please let me know. thanks

Re: Doubell Posted on: 05 Aug 2009, by raymond9477

Surnames > Doubell

...You're probably tired of the 'Dallas' jokes.) We were French, the best part of a thousand years ago. 'Doubell' is a Norman name. So we were conquerors with William I or one of his close descendants. Whic...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 04 Aug 2009, by doubelljr

Surnames > Doubell

Hi there all Doubell family members.I came upon this page purely by accident, and was amazed by what is said about the Doubell history.I was born and bred in South-Africa and always wanted to know more about my roo...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 10 Aug 2009, by albanyaloe

Surnames > Doubell

I made an error Thomas Jacob Doubell 1907-07-07 DOB married to Aletta Maria Botha 1908-12-15 DOB

Re: Doubell Posted on: 10 Aug 2009, by albanyaloe

Surnames > Doubell

I'd love to hear how my Dad's family connects onto the Doubell tree and if they originated from England or France as we were told. My Father: Girdus Steven Raplh Doubell (born 1936 grahamstown) His father: Thomas Doubell ...

Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth Doubell (South Africa) Posted on: 20 Aug 2009, by cgsheldon

Surnames > Doubell

Hello, My great-grandmother was Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth DOUBELL, born in Steytlerville. She was the daughter of a "Mr. and Mrs. E. Doubell" according to Gottfrieda's biography in the 1935 "South Afric...

Okerd or Ockert McLeod Posted on: 20 Mar 2010, by cgsheldon

Localities > Africa > South Africa > General

... I'm looking for any further information on the family of Okerd MCLEOD and Eva Catharina Stoffelina DOUBELL of Steytlerville, South Africa. Okerd and Eva had four children: - Henry Samuel George McLeod - E...

Re: Eva Georgina de Villiers nee Swanepoel (South Africa) Posted on: 20 Aug 2009, by cgsheldon

Surnames > Swanepoel

...Petrus SWANEPOEL, born 2 May 1884, South Africa, and died 24 July 1939, Maitland; Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth DOUBELL. The other children of Philippus and Gottfrieda were: Frank Swanepoel, born c.1914 Ishmael S...

Re: Eva Georgina de Villiers nee Swanepoel Posted on: 20 Aug 2009, by cgsheldon

...Petrus SWANEPOEL, born 2 May 1884, South Africa, and died 24 July 1939, Maitland; Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth DOUBELL. The other children of Philippus and Gottfrieda were: Frank Swanepoel, born c.1914 Ishmael S...

History Posted on: 11 Dec 2000, by Yvonne Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...with the 1820 settlers. My fathers grandfather was one of the few that arrived. His name was Joubertina Doubell, my dad cannot remeber his grandmothers name as she had already died by the time he was born. H...

Doubell's Family tree Posted on: 01 Dec 2000, by Alex Linch

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Paul, Could you please tell me if you have any info on any of the Doubell's in Argentina? Thanks in advance

Re: History Posted on: 27 Aug 2009, by joanbricknell...

Surnames > Doubell

sorry bout that - I am new to this - thought it did not go through so did it twice :)

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Yvonne, I am desperate for some info on my Mothers family name Doubell - all I know is that my Grandparents names were Ann Elizabeth and Joseph Doubell(I think I have their names right-it could be Anne) - they d...

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Yvonne, I am desperate for some info on my Mothers family name Doubell - all I know is that my Grandparents names were Ann Elizabeth and Joseph Doubell(I think I have their names right-it could be Anne) - they d...

Re: Okerd McLeod Posted on: 28 Mar 2011, by judydoubell

Good day Craig, I am a Doubell and my Great Grand father and Grand Father were both Walter David Peter Doubell. May I suggest that you contact the Dutch Reformed Church in Steytlerville and request their help.Intre...

Re: Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth Doubell (South Africa) Posted on: 19 May 2011, by cgsheldon

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Mike, Always nice to hear from another Doubell; myself and some other Doubell researchers have been working to build up the tree over on Geni.com. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have Wessel in the tree as yet...

Re: Okerd McLeod Posted on: 28 Mar 2011, by cgsheldon

Hi Romey, Thank you for the suggestion. With regards to the Doubell family, if you are interested in researching further I would suggest having a look at Geni.com. The earliest Walter David Peter Doubell we have...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 25 May 2011, by evernew189

Surnames > Doubell

Hello Michael There was a Michael George Doubell (1799) who fled from Kent UK to Fort Brown South Africa after killing a man in a fist fight. All my doubell ancestors came originaly from Kent so there probably is a...

doubell Posted on: 11 Apr 2011, by sammyhot

Surnames > Doubell

...dont know much about my grandparents and wanna see what i find ^_^ (grandpa) Andries Jacobus Johannes Doubell was born 11-03-1940 and sadly died 16-12-1997, my father is Sameul daniel Doubell, but everybody calls h...

Re: Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth Doubell (South Africa) Posted on: 19 May 2011, by miked1374

Surnames > Doubell

...in the aerly 1950s to visit his father who lived in Steytlerville -his name was Wessel Michael Smuts Doubell.I dont recall the latters wifes name or any thing about her. I was only 6 or 7 years old! looks li...

Re: Okerd McLeod Posted on: 29 Mar 2011, by judydoubell

...revert to my family records and update you within the next couple of days, however here some info. The Doubell family crest was registered to one Walter Doubell of Falmere Sussex in 1604. one Walter David Peter Doubell ar...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 19 May 2011, by miked1374

Surnames > Doubell

hi, I am a descendant of a doubell who arrived with the 1820 settlers. My late grandfather lived in standerton, Tvl,and I recall as a child back in ealy 1950s visiting his father in Steytlerville. I would as...

Mary Doble Posted on: 05 Dec 2010, by trudynorbury

Surnames > Doble

...between James Chick, 22, bachelor, labourer, residing Winsham; father = Charles (deceased) labourer Mary Doubell, 22, Spinster, domestic servant, residing Marshwood in Cricket St. Thomas Witnesses Henry and ...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 25 May 2011, by raymond2197

Surnames > Doubell

I can confirm Felicity's account of Michael George, with this variation: the 'fist fight' to which she refers was an illegal boxing match in the armed forces. Michael George indeed settled in the For...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 06 Feb 2011, by gillianlincol...

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Ray, I was looking for my family of Drawbridge when I noticed the name Doubell, and uncanny or what but I found a relative a Hannah Doubell married a William Drawbridge 17 March 1799 at St. Andrew, Holborn, City...

Re: History Posted on: 28 Sep 2010, by joanbricknell...

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Yvonne I sent you a message a while ago and have since changed email add ... it is joan_bricknell@bigpond.com - still looking for a connection to my grandparents

Re: Cary from Ire Posted on: 25 Oct 2011, by @@garviek@dbn...

Surnames > Cary

...Africa father's name William Andrew Cary his wife's name was Noreen and his mother was Maria Dorothea Doubell. Walter Cary born around 1913. If any of these names ring a bell then please contact me as I mi...

Re: Gottfrieda Heitz-Roth Doubell (South Africa) Posted on: 21 Jan 2012, by SharonDoubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Mike and Craig Wessel Michiel Smuts is my gggrandfather, and he is on Geni.com http://www.geni.com/people/Wessel-Michiel-Smuts/6000000005779424927

Re: Doubell Posted on: 07 Dec 2011, by cafepaintsexp...

Surnames > Doubell

One of our Ancestors is also Michael George DOUBELL born 1799, coming to South Africa - Our problem is tracing his parent details, Can anybody PLKEASE HELP

Re: South End Cemetery Records, Port Elizabeth Posted on: 16 Apr 2013, by Mail4ObayB

...would you mind checking to see if you can find a record for my great grandmother Aletta Sophia Hester Doubell (nee van Nieuwenhuizen)? Two of her little girls (died very young) and her husband (died at 39) a...

Re: Doubell, Port Elizabeth, South Africa Posted on: 06 Jun 2015, by cgsheldon

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Debra, Although I don't know how your Robert Doubell fits into the tree, there is a pretty strong Doubell genealogy group over on Facebook.com - https://www.facebook.com/groups/219250145231/ and Geni.com - http...

per page