Search the Boards

Search Results for "doubell" - 89 Messages

per page

Doubell Surname Posted on: 06 Jun 2000, by Clive Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi I'm just starting a search for any info on my forebearers. I currently live in South Africa but will be moving to Canada soon. Please respond with any info if you have - it will be highly appreciat...

Info on family history Posted on: 15 Aug 2000, by Paul Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hello Clive, just a quick note first to try and establish contact. The family information my father and I have is mainly about the Doubells in England, but I have just started looking into connections...

Info on family history Posted on: 15 Aug 2000, by Clive Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Paul Thanks for the reply. Any info that you have on the Doubells in England would be highly appreciated. This is where my fathers's father's father came from. Cheers Clive

Family History Posted on: 01 Sep 2000, by Paul Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hi clive Sorry its taken a while to reply, I have been away. Ref the Doubells in England, the family tree has many off shoots and to make a search from where your particular branch of family started,...

Family History Posted on: 05 Sep 2000, by Clive Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...clive@cybermatix.com The info I have on the South African Doubells is not all that much: The first Doubell or Doubell’s came to South Africa in the period 1820 (at that time there were a group of families th...

Doubell's Family tree Posted on: 01 Dec 2000, by Alex Linch

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Paul, Could you please tell me if you have any info on any of the Doubell's in Argentina? Thanks in advance

History Posted on: 11 Dec 2000, by Yvonne Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...with the 1820 settlers. My fathers grandfather was one of the few that arrived. His name was Joubertina Doubell, my dad cannot remeber his grandmothers name as she had already died by the time he was born. H...

Melbourne, Australia Hammetts Posted on: 01 Mar 2001, by Plymen

Surnames > Hammett

...Hammett families in Melbourne but this branch has not found any connection yet to them. Parsons and Doubell married into the family. Do not have the names you are looking for.

Doubell family history Posted on: 15 Mar 2001, by Jane Doubell Sacchetti

Surnames > Doubell

...this message board and would like to add my 2 cents worth. My great great great grandfather was George Doubell born 1787. He married Elizabeth Crunden. I do not have any more info on these people and family...

lists Posted on: 16 Mar 2001, by gsdoubell

Localities > Africa > South Africa > General

i know there are 2 Doubell surname on the roll of honor in durban

Dowdle's in Cincinnati Posted on: 06 Apr 2001, by WAGNER2001

Surnames > Doubell

My ggrandmother Mary Dowdle married William W. Wunder in Cincinnati 1854, I'm looking for any family

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 28 Jun 2001, by raydoubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hello, I don`t know if you have heard from any other Doubell, but,my 3 x great Grandfather was alsl George Doubell and Married to Elizabeth Crunden, and they lived in a town called Reigate, Surrey, England,at Marri...

More Doubells Posted on: 30 Sep 2001, by Raymond Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...take to occur to me to search for my own surname? I was fascinated to see that I'm not the only Ray Doubell on the planet. And my elder daughter is clearly not the only Jane Doubell. If anyone's doing family res...

More Doubells: part 2 Posted on: 04 Oct 2001, by Raymond Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...to me that I ought to have noted my e-mail address in my posting of 30 September 2001. It is raymond@doubell.wcape.school.za I have been given to undertstand the following. Many years ago, my mother, whos...

Doubell Posted on: 13 Mar 2002, by DavidMPaterso...

Surnames > Doubell

Looking for a start on Doubells in England with possible Welsh connection. Thanks. David.

Re: Doubell Posted on: 11 May 2002, by Ray_Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hello David Saw your request for DOUBELL`S. with Welsh Origins ! I have just about all the Doubells that lived, but only a cousinn john lived in Wales, he is still living and in Wiltshire now . The oldest w...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 11 May 2002, by DavidMPaterso...

Surnames > Doubell

I am replying to this direct. David.

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 02 Mar 2003, by Chris Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

...including your forebears. As it happens, at present, I have the (Quaker) marriage certificate of Catherine Doubell Sargent to George Smith on loan from Fritchly Quaker Meeting House Library. Please do contac...

Re: DOUBELL FAMILY HISTORY Posted on: 10 Apr 2003, by carrieelaggan

Surnames > Doubell

Hi John, I am very interested in doing my family tree. My Father was John Martin Doubell, born in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. My Mother's name is Dorothy Dalton. My uncle's name was Arthur Samuel Doubell. My for...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 10 Apr 2003, by carrieelaggan

Surnames > Doubell

Hello there, I have just started trying to trace my family tree, and all I know is that the Doubell family came from the Surrey area, all were Quakers. At some time their surname was Double. My family were ...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 12 Apr 2003, by DavidMPaterso...

Surnames > Doubell

I no longer research that name. Sorry. Good Luck

Re: Doubell Posted on: 12 Apr 2003, by Ray Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hello Carrie , Nice to hear of another Doubell. The daughter of my 3 times great Granfather married into the Quaker faith. She was born in Reigate Surrey, in 1817. Would she be your connection ? Ray Doubell, South...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 13 Apr 2003, by carrieelaggan

Surnames > Doubell

Hi Ray, Yes my ancestors do come from the Surrey region and were Quakers. Do you have info to assist me, from what you have gathered so far? I have cousins in PE, South Africa by the name of Samuel,...

Re: Doubell family history Surname Drawbridge Posted on: 18 Apr 2003, by drawbridgej

Surnames > Doubell

I just found this list on the Internet. I am interested in any information/advice re the surname Drawbridge. My grandfather Frank Drawbridge was born in Kent, England about 1888; came to Canada as a H...

Doubell Posted on: 09 Jun 2003, by Felicity Spackman

Surnames > Doubell

My G.G.Grandfather was George Doubell Christened 1787 at Lingfield Surrey U.K. (baseborn son of Hannah Doubell).I want to find his ancestors. I am also interested in Richard D. who was buried 11-8-1793 & was a ...

Re: DOUBELL FAMILY HISTORY Posted on: 18 Jul 2003, by lkbeale1

Surnames > Doubell

Hi, Just looked at your message. I am interested in Doubells as Lillian Mary Beale married William C. Doubell. They had nine children and are listed on my Fisher tree as LIllian'smother was a Fisher. Any...

Re: DOUBELL FAMILY HISTORY Posted on: 18 Jul 2003, by lkbeale1

Surnames > Doubell

Hi, Just looked at your message. I am interested in Doubells as Lillian Mary Beale married William C. Doubell. They had nine children and are listed on my Fisher tree as LIllian'smother was a Fisher. Any...

Re: DOUBELL FAMILY HISTORY Posted on: 18 Jul 2003, by Alejandro Linch

Surnames > Doubell

Hello Laurel, Lillian Mary Beale married William C. Doubell are my great grand mother and my great gran father respectively. Regards. -AL

Re: DOUBELL FAMILY HISTORY Posted on: 18 Jul 2003, by Laurel Beale

Surnames > Doubell

Hi, What can you tell me about Argentina Beales and Doubells?. I have several pages of family info from my mother-in-law. Your last name sounds familiar. My husband is Robert James Beale son of Cha...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 05 May 2004, by Chris Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

I am also descended from Hannah via George who married Elizabeth Crunden, George Henry who married Jane Young, Henry who married Sarah Lyon etc. I assume your Julia's father was Thomas, who would hav...

doubells Posted on: 25 May 2004, by maz_k

Surnames > Doubell

...looking up the Doubells of my family and wonder if ne one could help me -- this is wot i got so far Eric Doubell - born 1903 surrey?? died 1959 Plymouth. father was Charles Doubell, married to Emily Florence Portsm...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 25 Jun 2004, by Raymond Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

We really do seem to be a rough lot. My ancestor, Michael George Doubell (born in Kent in 1799) ended up in South Africa because .. um ... the other guy died (illicit boxing match in the armed forces, it is...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 27 Jun 2004, by evernew_1

Surnames > Doubell

To Chris, We seem to be looking for the same people.After some help from Ray Doubell I am stuck at Richard D. Born 1678 died 1750 in Surrey U.K. Have had some trouble working out Thomas' marriages. ...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 27 Jun 2004, by maz_k

Surnames > Doubell

hi felicity i dont know if you can help me or not - but i have some relatives with the surname Doubell - but unfortunately this is all i know...... Eric Doubell born 1903 married Ethel Ricks (my g,aunt) he died in ...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 27 Jun 2004, by maz_k

Surnames > Doubell

hi felicity i dont know if you can help me or not - but i have some relatives with the surname Doubell - but unfortunately this is all i know...... Eric Doubell born 1903 married Ethel Ricks (my g,aunt) he died in ...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 07 Jul 2004, by pumfrettb1

Surnames > Doubell

I have just been reading a will of Richard Doubell of Lingfield, proved on 22 December 1750. I am trying to trace a James Doubell/Doubble who was born around 1749 in or around Lingfield. All I know is his father...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 11 Aug 2004, by Sharon Doubell Robins

Surnames > Doubell

Well, this is a laugh. I am also descended from the Michael George Doubell (1799) who appears to have left Kent so hurriedly, and have heard (very!) mumbled stories about farm murders in my direct ancestry. ...

ferminger of pos kent Posted on: 30 Aug 2004, by galespecial

Surnames > Ferminger

hi i have just found out i have Ferminger's in my family! Agnes Adelaide Ferminger married William Doubell in 1854 in Hawkhurst kent. would love to hear from anyone who could take me back further on either o...

ferminger married in hawkhurst kent Posted on: 28 Sep 2004, by maz

Surnames > Ferminger

hi i have just found out i have Ferminger's in my family! Agnes Adelaide Ferminger married William Doubell in 1854 in Hawkhurst kent. would love to hear from anyone who could take me back further on either o...

DAKINS and DOUBLE (DUBBLE,DOUBELL, DAWBLE, DOBLE) Posted on: 09 Oct 2004, by arijaba

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Essex > General

Does anyone have such a link in the late 1700's? Both names have several spelling variants. My link is the use of DAKINS as the middle name of my ancestor Elizabeth Dakins Double born in Harwich 181...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 07 Jun 2005, by fredt92

Surnames > Doubell

...interessed me. I am french and I search for informations about David Drawbridge married to Elizabeth Doubell in 1834 in London. Do you know something about them? Can you help me? Thanks

Doubell family history Posted on: 08 Jun 2005, by arijaba

Surnames > Doubell

Many thanks to responding to my message board. I'm at my place of work just now so not able to look at my data spreadsheet. Will do so this evening and post another reply. You may already have the fo...

Doubell family history Posted on: 08 Jun 2005, by arijaba

Surnames > Doubell

...I've been right through all the Elizabeths in my spreadsheet and can't find any with the surname of Doubell nor, living in the London area at that time. I will pass your details on to a couple of friends wh...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 10 Jun 2005, by Ray Doubell

Surnames > Doubell

Hello, Yes I have info on Elizabeth Doubell she was the daughter of my 3 times Great Grandfather. they lived in Lewes, Sussex David Drawbridge was born there and was an Upholsterer. They emigrated to the U.S...

Re: Doubell family history Posted on: 10 Jun 2005, by frederic troubady

Surnames > Doubell

hello ! I thank you for your message. My David Drawbridge and Elizabeth Doubell married on 14/04/1834 in christchurch - Southwark - London. They had a son, George, born in england about 1835 and they emigrat...

Doubell family history Posted on: 11 Jun 2005, by arijaba

Surnames > Doubell

...DOUBLE names and their ancestry. Included amongst them are several variations of the name including the DOUBELL line, DOBLES, DOWBELLs etc as that was sometimes the interpretation of the scribe. I looked u...

Re: Doubell Posted on: 12 Jan 2006, by Marile

Surnames > Doubell

I am a Doubell from South Africa...my father is Henry Radie Doubell, son of Henry Dickson Doubell...and we are civil people who do not live in the woods & kill each other horrifically & then be off to another coun...

ferminger - married in hawkhurst Posted on: 02 Sep 2004, by maz

Surnames > Constance

...have one Ferminger name to go by!!!! agnes adelaide ferminger..... all i know is she married william doubell in hawkhurst in 1854. i know of two sons they had, charles and albert doubell both born in hawkhurst - s...

Re: Holmdens of Montcalm and Kent co., MI Posted on: 05 May 2007, by trevorholmden

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Montcalm

...Holmden (abt.1795-1867) who married Ann Killick in 1816 at Edenbridge and in later life married Mary Ann Doubell in 1855.He was a farmer and lived and worked at Broxham farm, Coakham farm in the Edenbridge l...

Re: edward rumens Posted on: 14 Oct 2007, by daverumens1

Surnames > Rumens

...William Barham (From Frant) 31 May 1803. Edward Double & Ruth Crowhurst 26th Jan 1830. Elizabeth Doubell & William Tompsett 5th July 1830. Marriage Wadhusrt Church - Edward was married to Ruth Cro...

per page