Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 551 Messages

per page

Re: JC NOwlin Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by garydkelb1

Surnames > Nowlin

...have a lot of Nowlin history as my family goes back to Patrick, Pittsylvania, and Goochland Co. VA. My ggrandfather was JC (Joseph Cephus), son of Abram Cephus whose is the one that left Patrick Co. and moved to...

Re: Richard Baker m ______ Kelly,Baltimore County,Md Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by a0231

Surnames > Kelly

...not written for a long time but came across your old post from '05, I started onto the trail of my 6th g-grandfather Isaiah Baker, wondering who his family was & hoping to get back another generation...just wo...

Re: Mississippi Murphree branch Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by robert_cindy2...

Surnames > Murphree

...Dennis Murphree. My mom talked about him but at the time I didn't really care because I was so young. My ggrandfather was Elijah Jay Murphree married to Lillian Jane Allison (Murphree) My grandfather was Albert ...

Re: WERT, John R, 1850 Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by swert155

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Harrison

JIM, I HAVE A DETAILED GENEALOGY OF THE WERT'S OF CHAMPAIGN COUNTY, OHIO. JOHN R. WERT WAS MY GGRANDFATHER WAS JOHN R. WERT STEVE WERT 541=617-9100

Re: Pierce Dyer - Ireland 1842 Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by helencopland

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Cork > General

...on Pierce is the marriage record found on Ancestry. I always thought that George (Pierce’s son) my ggrandfather who went to England and worked would have had some siblings in Ireland. When I found George (b. 185...

Re: Jessie Pelham, 1792-1830 Crow Creek Franklin Co.,TN Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by fwmmarktx

Surnames > Pelham

My G-grandfather is Nathan Pelham...md to Frankie Barnes Pelham...Buried at Limestone county Texas. My grandparents are Theodore & Icy Pelham...buried at Navasota TX.

Steer,Tagscherer,Dagscherer from Bia Troborgy Hungary prior to 1900's Posted on: 02 Jan 2015, by sky1spenc2

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Luzerne

Franz Dagscher , Frenecz Steer, Janos Steer Anna Tagscherer. I believe all are related as my GGrandfather was Franz Steer and he Married Anna Tagscherer they immigrated to the US around 1910 with her father Josep...

Re: Harrington/Desmond Posted on: 03 Jan 2015, by WenzSpence

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Victoria > Bendigo

...and now the dates of birth of both Sally and Daniel. While in Victoria I also found the graves of my ggrandfather, John McIntosh and the grave of my gggrandparents Mary and James Harrington. I also fund the chu...

Re: McKenzie Family of Kentucky, Virginia and back to Scotland Posted on: 03 Jan 2015, by TnT_Chamberla...

Surnames > McKenzie

Hi Lisa, My name is Tonya Chamberlain. Moredock (Murdoch??) McKenzie is my 6th GGrandfather through his first wife Jemima Chapman, their son Isaac b 1760, his son Henley b 1792, his son Isaac b 1827, and then hi...

Ben Mercer married Sarah F Daniel(s) Posted on: 03 Jan 2015, by KGoings27

Surnames > Mercer

...1/3/1869. He was the son of James and Alameda (Presley) Mercer. His sister, Zada Elizabeth, married my g-grandfather John W. Daniel. According to the census, Ben and Sarah lived in Benton, Conway, AR in 1870. The ...

Re: Nolet + Indian blood (direct to the surname) Posted on: 03 Jan 2015, by jepsonrita

Surnames > Nolette

Hi Pauline, do you have any info or paperwork you could send me on our native/Ojibwe side my G-Grandfather was Napoleon P Nolette. from Quebec

Parents of Keanes immigrating to NYC 1890s Posted on: 03 Jan 2015, by ryandurling23

Surnames > Keane

...(b. 1903), James Joseph (b. 1907), John (b.1910) and Cornelius Vincent (b.1917). James Joseph is my GGrandfather, and Cornelius became a priest in the Catholic church at a Staten Island parish. Unfortunately, I...

Re: Heckman family from the Towamensing area in 1800 Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by hekdic1

Surnames > Heckman

...War from 8Aug1861 to 31 Oct 1862. He fought in 3 battles in West Virginia. Henry B Heckman was my ggrandfather I have some information that Samuel's father was Andrew Heckman, possibly Andreas but no real tie ...

Re: Heckman family from the Towamensing area in 1800 Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by hekdic1

Surnames > Heckman

...Civil War from 8Aug1861 to 31 Oct 1862. He fought in 3 battles in West Virginia. Henry B Heckman was my ggrandfather I have some information that Samuel's father was Andrew Heckman, possibly Andreas but no real ...

Ben Mercer married Sarah F Daniel(s) Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by KGoings27

Surnames > Daniel

...1/3/1869. He was the son of James and Alameda (Presley) Mercer. His sister, Zada Elizabeth, married my g-grandfather John W. Daniel. According to the census, Ben and Sarah lived in Benton, Conway, AR in 1870. The ...

Re: Reply to Revae Leppanen Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by TomGlaser14

Surnames > Robinson

My 5th ggrandfather, ben robinson, born 1803 PA somewhere had Mother Elizabeth and appears in her will in Cadiz, OH. Cannot find Elizabeth's husband's name. Please help me and others who are researching if you ...

Re: Hartman family, Ottynia, Galicia, Austria-Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, 1875-1944, died in the Holocaust Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by Hartmanlr

Localities > Eastern Europe > Ukraine > Ivano-Frankivska

...Europe. As it happens, the family spent time in Czechoslovakia after WW I, this I know for sure. My g-grandfather must have had siblings, too, and there could have been children, but I have no records. Let's keep...

Looking for Grave site in Cambria Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by domdng1900

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Cambria

Looking for help in finding the Grave site for my ggrandfather Domenico Perrino. He died in 1921 in Ashville,Pa.I have records that says the funeral was conducted at St Thomas Church ,same town, and was buried at...

Burch's in Columbia, Dutchess Co, NY, possibly NE CT, SW MA? Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by medic190

Surnames > Burch

...research his Burch history. He is born & raised in Columbia County, NY. Without getting too detailed, G-Grandfather Ward (Worthington?) (1910 - 1973), GG-Grand Harry Jason (1882 - 1945), Edward E (1858 - 194...

Re: Clark/McClintick/Wray/Kelly Posted on: 04 Jan 2015, by djjr7744

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Montgomery

...abt 1847 in Indiana. I believe there is a possibility that Martha may have been the first wife of my g-grandfather, William Thomas Harvey, b. abt 1846 in Kentucky. I have a post on Rootsweb under the Montgomery Co...

Re: William Park Newman/Nancy Jane Chapman Posted on: 05 Jan 2015, by meemawbeth

Surnames > Newman

...am just now seeing your post. Sorry. I do have info you are looking for. William Park Newman was my ggrandfather, born in Mar 1845 in Cobb C., GA and died Aug 1924 in Milledgeville, Baldwin Co., GA. He is burie...

Re: Michael Parse Fairchild Posted on: 05 Jan 2015, by redline42x

Surnames > Fairchild

...Leslie, Michael Parse Fairchild of NJ was also my 4th Great Grandfather, his son Edmund was my Third G-Grandfather who was a Veteran of the civil war (2nd NJ Volunteer Infantry) and lived in East Orange until 1917...

Re: Alabama Gossetts -- Indian Connection Posted on: 05 Jan 2015, by jim22jim

Surnames > Gossett

...matched dozens of people though Autosomal test that have paper back to Gossetts and LeMasters . My GGrandfather was Ephriam Gossett who lived in Arkadelphia ,Al. 'our family lore was that we were Dutch (not B...

Joe Davis Jr. - Jonestown, MS Posted on: 05 Jan 2015, by DakotaLitzsey

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Coahoma

...revealed that Joe Davis (1891-1973) was the son of Joe Sr and Lizzie Williams-Davis and the nephew of my ggrandfather Fred Williams. Joe Jr. died in Jonestown, MS and it is therefore, where I direct my search for...

Native American Halstead Posted on: 05 Jan 2015, by gmhalstead

Surnames > Halsted

...ggrandfather's belongings upon his death. Charles would be my gggrandfather, his son Frank, b1882 is my ggrandfather. Othechildren of Charles are Augusta, Ida, and Clarence. Charles was born in Orange Co., NY ...

John William Ray b. 1838 d. 1909 Spartanburg Co., SC Posted on: 05 Jan 2015, by researchlady4...

Surnames > Ray

...John William Ray. He married Matilda Wood. I am helping a friend with his family tree. John was his ggrandfather. I am at a dead end. Please help. Anita

Re: North's Landing-Indiana Posted on: 06 Jan 2015, by JoyNorth2

Surnames > North

Hi Steve, Can you give me any more info on The North Family Church? I'm still searching for where my GGrandfather was born in 1806 and can't find any records on him or who his parents were. He appeared on the 19...

Hugh Gordon - b Sept 1733 Scotland Posted on: 06 Jan 2015, by bgorden03

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

I am hoping someone can help me. My 5th G-Grandfather was born in Iverness? Scotland. He came to America around 1755. I have a good record of his life here in America, but am looking to find the trail of living...

Re: Translate Czech Death Records 1827, 32, 39 Bohunov Posted on: 06 Jan 2015, by marylevesque2...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Moravia

Whew! This was complicated. Or maybe the coffee hadn't kicked in. This will only answer the deaths in house 28 in Bohunov. The easiest one first. Image 22 is for 1-year-old Josef, son of Wenzl....

Re: Eustace and Marie Grenier Posted on: 06 Jan 2015, by CWNicholls

Surnames > Grenier

...appears she had Janet (Paradies Fisk) as a single mother as Janet is also a Wilde.... Anne married my GGrandfather William Alton Pierce about a year before he died in 1925. She was in Bronxville NY (I have ordere...

Re: Tedford from Tartaraghan, Armagh, Ireland Posted on: 07 Jan 2015, by colmmurray

Surnames > Tedford

Hi Bryan, I am researching the same family, because I suspect a tie-in to my line (my 3X ggrandfather Edward Tedford who lived in Sullivan, Grey County, Canada. Edward was baptismal sponsor to one of Nicholas' c...

Looking for info on the family of Richard & Martha Kimber (nee Sowden) of Bradford Posted on: 07 Jan 2015, by steven17868

Surnames > Kimber

Richard Kimber was my GGrandfather and with Martha, they had George, Tom, Frank, Sarah and Fred. Tom was my Grandfather and I obviously have lots of detail about his line down to me. Richard and Martha along ...

Re: 1837: Died, Mr. James Routh, Galveston Bay, Texas Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by norwoodfrank

Surnames > Routh

Jeremiah Routh Jr. was my GGrandfather several times removed. I would like to obtain any info on James if possible. I know the Texas State Archeives in Austin has him as a joining the Austin Colony along with 1...

Re: Green V. Almand (1809-1880) of Georgia Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by clydedefnall

Surnames > Almand

Green V is also my gggrandfather Rufus Green is also my ggrandfather Mattie Almand Conner is my grandmother I am Linda Gail Conner Defnall and have been searching for other Almand family members. Same with my fa...

Re: calling all GERAGHTY'S Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by BarbaraClemen...

Surnames > Geraghty

Hi (Is it James?) My husband's ggrandfather was James, son of Patrick, born c 1833, in Duleek. With a sister, Mary. Came to Australia in the 1850s. Spelling of the name here Gerraty. I have a good photo of James ...

Re: Searching for family link to Howell Cobb C.S.A. Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by Tincanman7

Surnames > Cobb

I just saw your post. My 3rd G-grandfather was Howell Cobb, born in Virginia in 1793. I think his father's name was Thomas. He had a grandson named Albert and a g-grandson named Omer. My 2nd g-grandfather was born in Tenne...

Re: Conrad Frey, died 1760, Lynn Twp, Northampton Co (now Lehigh), PA Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by birdeyeman

Surnames > Frey

Vicki, the Conrad Frye I am looking for had a child, my g-grandfather, named Cascius M. Fry b. 1861 in Albion, MI.. Conrad was from PA and married Sarah Peake from NY. Any connection there? Thanks, Joe Howes.

Re: Ondarza Family History Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by daykairz_

Surnames > Ondarza

I believe Frederico Ondarza was the half brother of Arnulfo Z. Ondarza. (Arnulfo was my g-grandfather) They were the children of Bruno Ondarza, but had different mothers. Arnulfo was from Mexico, but also moved to...

Re: Trujillo & Chavez Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by cbs55

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Mexico > Unknown

...more of your time...I want this badly.........I can truly celebrate when I do locate this man, my 6th GGrandfather !! Best to ya................> Chuck

Re: Alexander M. McGaw of Massachusetts Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by dbmcgaw61

Surnames > McGaw

Hey! We have common ancestors! David A McGaw was my g-grandfather, Alexander was my g-g-grandfather, and his father William is as far back as I am able to go. All those people that you list are in my genealogy ...

Re: John McDowell b. Erie Co. PA Posted on: 08 Jan 2015, by stahlhutdp

Surnames > McDowell

John Warren McDowell and Cordilla Kight are my wife's GGrandfather and GGrandmother (through Claude Clyde McDowell/Alma Walker and their son Walter Rex McDowell). I have his data as b Jul 4, 1939 in PA and died J...

Re: Davis - Gibson - Crawshaw Posted on: 09 Jan 2015, by mark_sue_gues...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Newton

I am looking for information for John Slocum Davis who married Sarah. John is my 2nd GGrandfather. What I am looking for is his lineage, Father, Mother, Brothers, Sisters, etc. If you have any of this informati...

Re: baker's in grundy co. Posted on: 09 Jan 2015, by ronbrockman69

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Grundy

...Baker was my GGGfather and SJ Collar was his wife. He did live in Dwight after retiring from farming. My GGrandfather was Emery Baker, brother of Francis. I barly remember Emery and he was an ornery old fart. I ...

Re: Rachel McAllister ABT 1835 Bradley County Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by DMcalister41

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Bradley

Patrick: I believe your Rachel is a sister to my GGrandfather Franklin McAlister. Have you located a Rachel in the (I believe) 1850 census with a brother Franklin and mother Margaret?

Re: Juha Jlarmar Sundelin 1857 in Laitila Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by sasatwood

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Finland > General

...have the history further back if you see a connection. As a tidbit of information, Juha of 1891 (my ggrandfather) did work in the ...

Re: Joseph MUSNICKY Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by KatAP1984

Localities > Eastern Europe > Belarus > General

It's probably important (in my research and just to mention) that my g-grandfather was a refugee. His immigration to America in 1914 fits right in with the start of WWI. Family stories say that his whole family di...

Re: Joseph MUSNICKY Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by KatAP1984

Localities > Eastern Europe > Belarus > General

.....according to my g-grandfather's draft card, he was 5'5" pretty darn close. He had blue eyes - my g-grandfather had grey eyes but that's pretty darn close. They seem to just mark blue or brown on the form. ...

Re: Bridget Corry Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by samferris11

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Monaghan > General

...1861 PETER b. 1864 HUGH II b. 1866 EDWARD b. 1868 PHILIP II b. 1869 MICHAEL b. 1871 THOMAS b. 1874 (g-grandfather)

Re: Smelley Tree Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by CarmenLS_Smal...

Surnames > Smelley

My Smelley Family Descendants of: Page 1 of 7 William Smelley 1st Generation 1. William Smelley was born in 1672 in Londonderry, Ulster, Ireland and died in 1702 in Isle, Virginia, United States. He ...

Re: Alexander Elliot Hodge Posted on: 10 Jan 2015, by caren_dee1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Comanche

Hello my name is Caren Dee Axline Eames and Alexander Elliott Hodge 1800-1887 was my 3rd ggrandfather with Malinda Clary - Elizabeth Jane Hodge - Effie Bell Rambo- Lorene Elizabeth Britain - Sondra June Britain ...

per page