Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 637 Messages

per page

Re: Looking for ggrandfather Posted on: 04 Nov 2014, by bethrau1

Localities > North America > United States > Special > New England Research

You posted a letter in your family tree that says Clora Belle moved with her parents "south of Wallace" and lived there a couple of years before she married Uriah. What have you done to fin...

Re: looking for photos wakefield davidson county tennessee Posted on: 04 Nov 2014, by wakefield1943

Surnames > Wakefield

...discernible if that would help you. Attached Thomas A. Wakefield III Charles Wakefield 1722 my 4th GGrandfather wakefield1943@gmail.com

Re: Rogers and Andoe Families, Delaware Co. Posted on: 05 Nov 2014, by Darrell_Rucke...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Delaware

...have a cousin whose first wife is buried in Polson Cemetery in Delaware County. Her grandfather and ggrandfather were Rogers. Both were murdered on the same day in 1839 by political rivals in Cherokee Nation. Bot...

Re: McGrory's From Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland & prior that to Ireland Posted on: 05 Nov 2014, by CATHIMYTKO

Surnames > McGrory

Hi Shirley, My ggrandfather Edward Rogers/Rodgers was from Ireland and immigrated to New York sometime before 1870's. He married a Jane Marie Diamond who was also from Ireland. The marriage certificate in New ...

Re: CREEK FAMILIES Posted on: 05 Nov 2014, by tbravo67

Localities > North America > United States > Special > SE Creeks

...My ggg grandmother was Catherine Sizemore who married a Montgomery and my Grandmother Dora married my Ggrandfather Harvey Adams from Kentucky ... If you have anything I would love to hear from you. Trying to pro...

Joshua F Fisher orphan Posted on: 05 Nov 2014, by butlersd1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

...attempt to find who our Joshua's parents were. Looking for a birth record or Orphan record for our GGrandfather Joshua F Fisher b. 10 May 1846 Schulykill Co. d. 29 Jan 1929 in Erie Co., PA m. GGrandmother Rebecc...

Re: David and Elizabeth TAYLOR - Barry, Taney and Stone Co MO Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by NSTurney100

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Stone

Richard, I saw your post about your ggrandfather Ora Lenard Taylor. Can you tell me where Eliaha is buried? Is he buried in Missouri? I found Jonathan Jackson Taylor, and Larkin but I haven't found the others.T...

Re: Thomas & Irene D. (Flahive) Brophy of New York Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by kiwibird56

Surnames > Brophy

...definitely related. 2 years ago an Irish cousin of ours found me on another genealogy website. His GGrandfather John Kelly was the brother of my GGran Bridget and your Gran Johanna. His Dad found 2 letters fro...

Re: Margaret Toy Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by mtoym

Surnames > Toy

my ggrandfather james a toy is a brother to archibald f toy, archibald toy is father to margaret toy. i have some info on the toy family. marylyn toy morcroft (toy is my middle name)

drawing a blank T EDWARDS Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by bigdav941

Topics > Military > World War I > WW1 UK Troops

...time posting so, sorry if I've done it wrong. I'm looking for service details for my brother in laws GGrandfather. He is in possession of his 3 WW1 medals. Imprinted on the edge. Gnr T EDWARDS W3674 (Thomas) an...

Re: FERGUSON, JEREMIAH/NJ Posted on: 06 Nov 2014, by sherianholdsw...

Surnames > Ferguson

...Mercer County with his wife Dalie and children.....Mary. Catherine. Jeremiah and George......George is my Ggrandfather....checked in Grave search inter dents in Evergreen, but I cannot find him...There are two gr...

Re: KADLEC in Philadelphia, PA & Chicago Posted on: 08 Nov 2014, by nejkerr

Surnames > Kadlec

My ggrandfather, Joseph Mecko was married to my ggrandmother, Mary Kadlec, b. 1892. Her parents were Frank Kadlec and Maria Gombar. This I know. I believe that the Louis Kadlec (b abt 1880) and family - Mary (wf...

Re: McGINNIS Family in New York Posted on: 08 Nov 2014, by Jenell_A0506

Surnames > McGinnis

Can you give me information about your Maginnis'. My GGrandfather James Maginnis came to the U.S. in 1850 and settled in Westfield, N.Y.

Ricevile Posted on: 09 Nov 2014, by hollisfatima

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Crittenden

Did a place called Riceville ever exist? My g-grandfather changed his name from Columbus Howard, to Walter. He was Black. Could you just change your name without notifing anyone? Last question, my family is listed...

Re: Great-Aunt Rose Hart a patient in Cottage B at Lapeer State Home Posted on: 10 Nov 2014, by 1waknaack

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Lapeer

Attempting to track down (4) children of my G-Grandfather William H. Hart and Jane (?) Hart: My G-Mother Lillian May Hart, b. 1881, John Hart b. 3 Feb 1890, Rosie Hart b. 15 Aug 1886, and Willie H. Hart b. 15 Ap...

Mary Polly Ward of Kentucky Posted on: 10 Nov 2014, by JoyNorth2

Surnames > Ward

...Harrison, KY....I found Nancy Ward listed as their daughter but no proof of Mary or Polly Ward, however, my GGrandfather, Enoch North & Mr Whalen attested on a marriage bond for Nancy Ward to marry Benjamin N...

Re: Great-Aunt Rose Hart a patient in Cottage B at Lapeer State Home Posted on: 10 Nov 2014, by 1waknaack

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Lapeer

...Sounds like a mistake in transcribing the name. Getting loads of info on William H. Hart, s. of my G-Grandfather from this website you gave me, plus a b. place in MI. Moving forward. Thanks again. Sandy

Re: James Fox Family 1844 Posted on: 11 Nov 2014, by rfox104471

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Yalobusha

Yes. He owned slaves. According to the 1850 Us Census, Slave Narrative he own 27. He owned my g-grandfather, Turner Fox. According to the Slave Narratives, My ancestor accompanied Captain Fox when he deployed for...

Re: SHATTLES/HEADLEY/FILLINGAME/FIVEASH DURDEN Posted on: 11 Nov 2014, by pjspeach1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Forrest

Mathew Stanley Headley is my g-grandfather. His son Bill was my g-father whose only son is Richard Headley. I am interested in finding more information on Ida Fillingame. Do you have any background on her? Than...

Re: Petters/Pitter Posted on: 11 Nov 2014, by kpitter21

Surnames > Petters

...is listed as Mary/May/Mayo and she had several last names (Alfred/Raymond/Pitter). George Samuel (my Ggrandfather) came to NYC for the first time in 1917 from Colon, Panama, where he stayed with his wife Mary an...

Re: warren&william chatfield Posted on: 11 Nov 2014, by DorothyJ49

Surnames > Chatfield

...written to you before I do know I have to others. All of the Moss men were farriers in East Ham except my ggrandfather and grandfather. Dot smithdot84@gmail.com

Re: GERMAN ANCESTORS FROM CRIMEA Posted on: 11 Nov 2014, by kelsh20142

Localities > Eastern Europe > Ukraine > Krymska

...Josephs line (younger son of Franz), we decides that almost all his descendants left to USA. But our Ggrandfather (Wendelin son of Wendelin) and his closest relatives stayed in Rosenthal. Later he was executed, a...

Re: Railway Companies 1880 - 1885 in San Antonio Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by sandra stephe...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Unknown

Geoff, my first husband's g-grandfather was born in Kent and departed from Liverpool to come to the U.S. in 1878. He landed in New Orleans, Louisiana and then came on to Texas. Perhaps you could find the immigra...

SELLEY, David & Nancy Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by beachnut59

Surnames > Selley

...1846 in NJ and Nancy (maiden name unknown), b. 1844 in NJ. And are they, in fact, the parents of my GGrandfather, William Thomas Selley, b. 25 May 1869, d. 17 Apr 1945, married to Callie E. Potter. Thank you!

NEELY, James A Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by beachnut59

Surnames > Neely

...Neely, married Harriet E. Long, 5 Nov 1853 in Williamson Co., TN. Are they, in fact, the parents of my GGrandfather, W. B. (William Bascum) Neely, b. 7 Feb 1864 in Murfreesboro, Rutherford, TN, d. 9 Jun 1931 in ...

PARKINSON, James B. Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by beachnut59

Surnames > Parkinson

I am looking for info and parents names of my 2nd GGrandfather, James B. Parkinson, b. 4 Jul 1812, in White Co. TN, d. 26 Jan 1881 in Riceville, McMinn, TN, spouse of Mary Ann Clementson. Their son, my GGrandfather, was Jame...

Re: William Perry Francis Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by fayef59

Surnames > Francis

Trying to connect with Chris Miller, dau of James Louis Francis - my husband's ggrandfather was John Calhoun Francis father of John Thomas "Thomps" Francis, father of Charles Francis, who is my husband'...

Re: Rumskulla, Kalmar län, Småland emigrants Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by jalaemmons

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Sweden > General

Hello Glenn, I just came across your post. My ggrandfather, John August Nelson, was born in Rumskulla on June 3, 1857. He emigrated to the US in about 1883 and settled in Paxton, IL. He lived there until he di...

Re: Goodman DNA project- ancestor help Posted on: 12 Nov 2014, by cgoodmanmumma...

Surnames > Goodman

My paternal Goodman line originated in KY/TN, with my ggrandfather Israel Goodman removing to IL in approx 1840. Why IL was chosen as a destination is unknown to me. Perhaps other, related, Goodman lines alread...

David Forrester/Forster/Foster, DauphinCo, Lancaster Co/ancester of JohnFoster 1756 1818 Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by alicethomas20

Surnames > Foster

My 3x ggrandfather John Foster Married Elizabeth Ferree was born and lived and died in Lancaster Co Pa. Strasburg Twp. born 1756/1762, died 1818. A book has been said to say he is the son of David Foster a land...

Re: RE: Jetty Dier Kibbee Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by JoanThomsen13

Surnames > Kibbee

Just read your post and wanted to add something. Lucius Boucher Kibbee was my ggrandfather and his children were Ray(my grandfather), Jetty Dier, Arnold, James and their was a girl that died young. Joan Martin Th...

Re: Mariah Fleetwood Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by catsnharps

Surnames > Fleetwood

Hello, Hester, Jessie and Mariah Fleetwood Snider were my g-g-grandparents. William Fletcher Snider, my g-grandfather, was married to Martha Jane Howard. His son, Simon Fleetwood Snider, was my grandfather. My...

Re: Wolbach Family via New York to Wolbach, Nebraska Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by ShBailey85

Surnames > Wolbach

My ggrandfather was Uriah Wolbach born in 1870, died July 3 1892, he was hit with a baseball and died instantly. father Cinncinatius family moved to Ne abt 1880 My maternal ggrand mother is Uriahs daughter, she ...

Re: Nancy Randolph/FitzRandolph Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by Deena_Thomas2...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Yancey

Tracey, We are cousins as James Allen Thomas was my GGrandfather, too. His son Lacy Garnet Thomas was my dad's (Dennis) father. Like you, I am looking for any information on the elusive Adam and his wife. You sta...

Olive Mathews/Jerry Sullivan 1800's Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by hfsfotn

Surnames > Mathews

...were David Calvin Sullivan b: 18 Dec 1835 in Sangamon, IL; Francis "Frank" Sullivan (my 2nd g'grandfather) b: 24 April 1838 in Sangamon or Tazewell, IL and one sister (likely named Lucy) who married a m...

Jerry (Jeremiah) Sullivan and Olive Mathews TN to IL Posted on: 13 Nov 2014, by hfsfotn

Surnames > Sullivan

...were David Calvin Sullivan b: 18 Dec 1835 in Sangamon, IL; Francis "Frank" Sullivan (my 2nd g'grandfather) b: 24 April 1838 in Sangamon or Tazewell, IL and one sister (likely named Lucy) who married a m...

Thomas Hitchins, 26 Feb 1838, Barton Street, St Michael, Gloucestershire, England Posted on: 14 Nov 2014, by Nonna64

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Gloucestershire > General

After many years, I'm still searching for information on my 2 x GGrandfather, Thomas Hitchins. His mother was Ann Hitchins. She was unmarried when Thomas was born in Barton Street, Gloucester. She registered T...

MAUPIN, Sarah Posted on: 14 Nov 2014, by beachnut59

Surnames > Maupin

...PEDIGO, so I'm trying to make sense of it all. Sarah & William had a son John H. Parsley, my 3rd GGrandfather. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Whitmarsh, Sampson, Haskins in New York Posted on: 15 Nov 2014, by dgoodson888

Surnames > Whitmarsh

The 1850 Census at Westfield, Tioga, Penn. shows Jacob as a child with parents John and Magdelena and siblings. 1860 census Westfield, Tioga, PA shows Jacob and first wife Elizabeth and Perry Brown w...

Re: Whiddon Posted on: 15 Nov 2014, by ej31boyce

Surnames > Whiddon

...named Zachary Taylor Whiddon. Zachariah was my gggrandfather. His oldest son, William Albert was my ggrandfather. He married, I believe, only once, Alice Agnes Bates. They had one daughter together, possibly one ...

Re: David Sullivan, Ill. Posted on: 15 Nov 2014, by hfsfotn

Surnames > Sullivan

Francis "Frank" Sullivan was my 2nd g'grandfather. I have quite a bit of info on him and David Calvin Sullivan. Would love to exchange information.

Re: ANNA KATHARINA STENGER Posted on: 15 Nov 2014, by jfburch73

Surnames > Stenger

...german church record states that Philippe Konrad Wuest is the witness to Philippe Konrad Zimmer(= my ggrandfather I believe that Philippe Konrad Wuest is the father to Philippe Konrad Zimmer and Charlotte. No mar...

Re: Canandigua,NY (Andrews marriage registration) Posted on: 16 Nov 2014, by quitoslady6

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Ontario

Must be related for sure. There are other Miles buried there including my ggrandfather it is listed on his death cert.

Re: David Sullivan, Ill. Posted on: 16 Nov 2014, by hfsfotn

Surnames > Sullivan

Kelly Francis "Frenk" Sullivan is my 2nd g'grandfather. I recently found his death cert and have his parents as listed by his son William. I also have quite a bit on info on Francis and David Calvin...

William Lanier Brower, b 1864 Prairie du Sac Posted on: 16 Nov 2014, by whytehs

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Unknown

...Pennsylvania." Presumably, Robert D Brower had something to do with lumber in Prairie du Sac for GGrandfather to be born there. Is there any record of his birth? They were Presbyterians, so there might be ...

Re: John Ernest Noack and Elizabeth Watkins Posted on: 16 Nov 2014, by roynoack

Surnames > Noack

...for the response. Since my early request for family info I have been able to gather numerous facts. My ggrandfather came to Galveston in 1854 on the ship Ben Nevis (this info based on his Statement of Intention t...

Greater St. Phillip RMUE Church / DeVoe family Connection Posted on: 16 Nov 2014, by lriddick08

Localities > North America > United States > States > South Carolina > Counties > Clarendon

...b 1876, d 31 Oct 1947) and Alice Richardson DeVoe (headstone - b 1874, d 7 May 1952). I believe my ggrandfather may have been a minister at this church, but I have not found any records confirming this informati...

Re: Ancestory of the Barefoots Posted on: 17 Nov 2014, by MikeS8302

Surnames > Barefoot

...of wedlock. Clarkie was the Daughter to Noah Barefoot. She had I son and 3 daughters John Robert (my GGrandfather, Mary, can't remember, Faithy. If you look these names up you will find a lot of info. Just reme...

Re: Snyder family and the Seneca Indians Posted on: 17 Nov 2014, by vfg11888

Surnames > Snyder

My 4th g-grandfather, John Snyder, lived in Middletown Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey in 1700's. His will is dated 27 Aug. 1805 and he died, I believe, on 4 Dec. 1809. His wife's name was Patty, who had ...

Father of George R. Stubblefield Posted on: 18 Nov 2014, by jkstyler

Surnames > Stubbelfield

... Wife was Mary A. "Polly" Johnson, b abt 1804 in Tennessee, died in Texas. Their son, my G-Grandfather was Roderick R. Stubblefield. I do know the family traveled around because my G-Grandfather Roderick was born in...

per page