Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 560 Messages

per page

Re: James Moody and Lydia (Liddie) Larue Posted on: 31 Jan 2015, by rjfaub

Surnames > Moody

...(Tessa) 1851 Amanda 1852 James 06 Aug 1855 Syrenus 29 dec 1858 Ardly 1860 May Elizabeth Roxanna My wife's ggrandfather was Syrenus married to Nancy Edwards b:06 Jan 1859

Re: Scotch-Irish Dennisons of Virginia, Kentucky and Points West Posted on: 31 Jan 2015, by ednoniedennis...

Surnames > Dennison

...West Half of Crittenden Co., Ky 1870 census Pope Co., Il. Children: John T. Deniston (my g-grandfather) 1837 – Ruth Jane Dennison 1839 – 1919 James Preston Denison 1840 – 1900 Lucinda...

Re: Allen and Smith Families Posted on: 31 Jan 2015, by scotcsmith

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Erath

............................................. I have found the following additional post from Glenna Burke "My ggrandfather, NOAH SMITH was born in Angelina co. Jan.1,1869.He m. ELIZABETH CATHERINE ALLEN and ...

Re: John Johnson's Spouse Posted on: 31 Jan 2015, by DuretaH

Surnames > Johnson

I am new to ancestry & looking for info on my relative, John A Johnson, my 2nd GGrandfather. Thank you Dureta Harrison

Re: John W and Anna B AIRGOOD, Lycoming Co, PA Posted on: 31 Jan 2015, by elairgood

Surnames > Airgood

...documents or a copy. John W. Was my great grandfather (father - Ernie Airgood Jr., grandfather - Ernie Sr., g-grandfather -John W.). I'm Ernie A. III.

Re: McAndrews Shenandoah PA. Area Posted on: 01 Feb 2015, by Jmcandrew143

Surnames > McAndrew

...very likely that they came from County Mayo Ireland. Most likely the Ballina or Belmullet area. My GGrandfather John McAndrew immigrated to the nearby town of Centralia in 1880. He was from Belmullet. Many of...

Re: Sven Christen (-sen Haug)- emigration records Posted on: 01 Feb 2015, by Lee_Kevin

Surnames > Christen

...name is Kevin Lee and we are distant cousins. I am from Decorah, IA. My grandfather was Lloyd Christen, ggrandfather Clarence and gggrandfather Svend. Good to connect. Kevin http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/66...

Samuel F Clark 1775- Posted on: 01 Feb 2015, by kclark62

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Hampshire > Counties > Merrimack

I am looking for information on my 4th GGrandfather, Samuel F Clark, born 17 Apr 1775 in New Boston, Hillsborough, New Hampshire. He married to Abigail F Presby on 5 Mar 1794 in Dunbarton, Merrimack, New Hampsh...

Hiram Isom Posted on: 01 Feb 2015, by janetisom43

Surnames > Isom

...Craighead county ,Arkansas in 1923. His son Issac Gess Isom is buried in Finch,Arkansas, which is my g-grandfather. Help please ! Will exchange information if I know.

Re: Damon, Boleslau Posted on: 02 Feb 2015, by ZlaticaBeca

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Lithuania > General

...generation thru generation. You, your father; your mother your grandfather; your grandmother your ggrandfather etc. I know you know that. Birds of a feather fly together; common language and common traditions ...

Re: Farley Genealogy Posted on: 03 Feb 2015, by georgie717

Surnames > Farley

James, I would love to read about your Farleys, as I am sure mine are not from Va either. I do know my GGrandfather was b. in N.Y. and so was his wife. She was from Tully N. Y. but everything else is cold. Thy se...

Sosbee genealogy Posted on: 03 Feb 2015, by mapalmer142

Surnames > Sosbee

...Shirley Sosbee Palmer. My father is Paul Eudell Sosbee. My grandfather is Robert Scott Sosbee. My g-grandfather is Alfred Monroe Sosbee. My g-g grandfather is Lafayette Job Sosbee. There is a good chance that...

Re: Wegeners in Schonfeldt, Brandenburg mid 19th century Posted on: 03 Feb 2015, by langdonblight

Surnames > Wegener

...happy to share: you may have some or all of it already. My email address is langmere51@yahoo.com.au My ggrandfather was Ernestina's older brother Friederick Wilhelm, although the Friedrick was never used and, as...

Re: Whiteheads/Debords Posted on: 04 Feb 2015, by TrishHenson51

Surnames > Debord

...1708 d ca 1733 VA (my 5th ggrandparents) Can anyone help here?????????????? 4-George Debord (my 4th ggrandfather) b. 1728 d. va 1820 married Mary Whitehead ca 1795 in NC and they had ten children. 3-John (3r...

Re: Lindo Bros.—Jamaica/Costa Rica Posted on: 04 Feb 2015, by 1chatham1

Surnames > Lindo

...a few years, but let's continue this dialogue. I've been learning more about the Lindos. My wife's g-grandfather was August, who came to NYC. We have found his grave at Kensico in Valhalla NY:

Re: ANDERSON, Blacksmith Posted on: 04 Feb 2015, by malawson42

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Kirkcudbrightshire > General

...come from the same family. My gggrandfather was William Anderson born 1796 in Crossgatehill and my ggrandfather was Alexander Anderson born abt.1832 in Edinburgh. He married Mary Ann Plenderleith whose mother ...

John B Lee, b.1835 S. Carolina, family moved to Alabama Posted on: 05 Feb 2015, by milowiese

Surnames > Lee

Would appreciate any information on this Lee. He is my ggrandfather who lived and died in Louisiana. His son, my grandfather, was named Benjamin Franklin Lee. The custom was to name the first born son after the m...

Re: Ezra Samuel Burr Posted on: 05 Feb 2015, by thomasmahugh

Surnames > Burr

...Virginia-10 Feb 1825); married to Cythiana Pollack (abt 1804 Ohio). Samuel Henry Burr is my wife's ggrandfather. This may be a completely different branch of the tree, but the Ezra's and Samuel are curious. A...

Re: faust Posted on: 05 Feb 2015, by faustbarilla

Localities > North America > United States > States > Florida > Counties > Escambia

Balthasar (Baltser) is my 5th ggrandfather. He is the founder of Shrewsbury, York Co, PA. He and his brother John operated grist mills and bought property together. Baltzer served in Captain Ferree's Army, Yor...

Re: ZACHARY TAYLOR BLACK Posted on: 05 Feb 2015, by kinney_black

Surnames > Black

Brynda, Greenberry Harrison Black is my G-Grandfather, too. I'm not a big emailer. Pls call me on my cell 501-337-2485. I'm stuck at GHB's grandfather, Coatsworth Pinkney Black. r/Kinney Black (William McKinne...

re GAFFEY/HARVEY Posted on: 06 Feb 2015, by kensarah26

Surnames > Gaffey

...ggrandmother is alice jane Harvey who married roland gaffey do you have much information on alice Harvey my ggrandfather would be keith and rexs half sibling clyde Hillman Mansfield his name is I hope you can hel...

Re: Looking for Hughes Posted on: 06 Feb 2015, by jamesnancy72

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Mayo > General

...information about Peter (b abt. 1800) but was able to see his house in 2003. It has since been torn down. My ggrandfather was Richard Hughes who immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1881. Do you have anything that ties ...

Re: Wests, England; James and Betsy; son: Thomas James West Posted on: 06 Feb 2015, by janetrwest18

Surnames > West

What a wonderful thing to see! Thomas is my GG-Grandfather. His son Robert is my G-Grandfather. I have been doing a lot of research and have run into several block walls! I have a theory that TJ could've been ...

Re: GROSSIO or GROSSO, Giovanni Battiste, (John B) from San Giovanni or Martin Posted on: 07 Feb 2015, by HMS2550

Surnames > Grosso

...Her name isPaola Minoglio. He was somehow related to the Andrinas and Maria Teresa Andrina married my GGrandfather Francesco Pietro Grosso. Here email is pminoglio@fastwebnet.it Tino was a wood worker and ...

McMahon Posted on: 07 Feb 2015, by 1rozsherman

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Simcoe

I'm searching for my McMahon ancestors. My GGrandfather John L. McMahon DOB: 1822 County Clare, Ireland. DOD:1897 Grand Forks, North Dakota. Married: 1848 Ireland to Ann Quinlan DOB: 1831 Ireland, DOD: 1885 Not ...

Looking for Tailor (Taylor) EVANS, father of Bert Emery EVANS Posted on: 07 Feb 2015, by siueelectrici...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Johnson

I have a record from Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947 that my ggrandfather, Bert Emery EVANS' father was Taylor EVANS, mother was Martha WHITE. Bert was born 11 Sep 1882 in Johnson Co., and resi...

Re: gaffey family history Posted on: 07 Feb 2015, by kensarah26

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...even more rex keith,,roland and Elaine had other half siblings which is where I come into picture my ggrandfather clyde Hillman Mansfield is one of the half sibblings to rex roland keith and Elaine id b intereste...

Re: Loe Family DNA? Posted on: 07 Feb 2015, by SassyJaneGene...

Surnames > Loe

Hi Sarah: My Loes are from the family farm Loesmoen outside Drammen in Norway. My g-grandfather chose the name when he emigrated to America instead of using his patronymic. If you send me a private message throug...

Re: Chiles Family Posted on: 08 Feb 2015, by wrhayes1

Surnames > Chiles

I am very excited to read this post. James Thomas Chiles is my ggrandfather and his first wife was Doshia Yohn, my ggrandmother. I would love to know who his parents and siblings were. My mom remembers visiting P...

Re: Sloan/Hamilton marriage Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by MariSloan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

Dear tuctuc....... Samuel Harry Sloan was my Ggrandfather and was married to Mary Jane Dick. My Grandfather was their youngest child George Charles Sloan, born in Pennsylvania. I have the Sloan Family Bible whic...

Re: David Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by genealogistt

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Posey

Thomas is my 3rd GGrandfather, then his daughter Nora and her son Frank Harp is my Great Grandfather. I also have Lucinda Huey whose mother is Senith Martin who I have been unable to find any info on.

Re: William Fulton, Co Down to Ayrshire, Scotland Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by JerFulton36

Surnames > Fulton

Hi, it looks like we are researching the same family. My ggrandfather was William James Fulton married to an Isabella Connachie and died Dec 25 1953. They had four boys, James, John, William (my grandfather) and ...

Campbell's in Switzerland County Indiana Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by candice615

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Switzerland

...information about my Campbell relatives who lived in Switzerland County. 1800's..James C. is my 4th GGrandfather, his son, John G, his son, and Oliver A, my 2nd GGfather. James C. Campbell, born abt 1...

Re: Parents of HENRY MASCHER (1873-1930) of Seymour, Indiana? Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by mneill503

Surnames > Mascher

...very near Seymour. Henry married again in 1855 to Dorothea Voshart. They had three sons: William (my g-grandfather), Edward and Louis. By 1860, they had moved to Clay County, Illinois. Louis disappeared from th...

Davison, Oscar and Davison, JC Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by mlclement10

Surnames > Davison

Please note the attached information showing, from the marriage of Oscar Davison, my ggrandfather, that he was indeed the son of JC Davison et al.

Re: Unshinagh possible connection? McCay - Cox Posted on: 09 Feb 2015, by squeekmonster...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Tyrone > General

...through the following years. My Cox relatives are living in House # 3 in the 1901 Census. James Cox is my GGrandfather and his son Patrick is my maternal Grandfather. There were 7 Cox sons born to James Cox &...

Re: Campbell Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by gregsamuel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Sullivan

Barb, my ggrandfather, Harrison B. Grandstaff was born in Missouri in 1849. Does your book indicate the identity of his parents?

Re: Wolfe, Benjamin Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by IAarts

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > St > Mary

...Census Caroline 20 yrs Urbain 19 Urgel 17 ?Arve 15 (Harvey and my ggrandfather) Philias 14 Permilia 12 William 11 John 9 Amedee 7 B...

Daniel Gaffney Arrived US 1861 and settled in the Newburgh - New Windsor area Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by BWettergreen

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Orange

My g'grandfather arrived in US in 1861 but I can find no info on him until his marriage to Mary Ann Hart at St. Patrick's Church in Newburgh in 1865 . Trying to account for the 4 year gap, I'm ...

Re: Woking Place Names Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by steve2731

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Surrey > General

...about the Hart's of Woking and their descendants that came here to Canada. Herbert's son Haydon is my GGrandfather. I wasn't aware of Phillip Arnold, nor his writings (which I see are out of circulation). Would ...

Civil War biographies from Newburgh, NY Daniel Gaffney Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by BWettergreen

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Orange

My g'grandfather arrived in US in 1861 but I can find no info on him until his marriage to Mary Ann Hart at St. Patrick's Church in Newburgh in 1865 . Trying to account for the 4 year gap, I'm ...

James Pulley born 1785-1785 North Carolina...1820 Smith County Tennessee Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by jeanlucca

Surnames > Pulley

HELP..I have just about given up...hate to say it but after 30 years just cant find documentation.. My ggrandfather is William Pulley born 1818 North Carolina according to census. He is in Smith County Tennessee ...

Re: Searching for others Posted on: 10 Feb 2015, by imperativa

Surnames > Kavalecs

...KAVALECZ doesn't mean anything to me either. Do you happen to have any idea at all when or where your G-grandfather was born? My wife's great-grandfather (Andras Mihaly KAVALECS or KAVALYECS, see http://trees.anc...

Re: Looking for parents of Preston WISE, b. 1817 in Somerset, Pulaski Co. Posted on: 11 Feb 2015, by bwise38

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Pulaski

Hi Sofun73, I am looking for the same information. Preston Wise was my GGrandfather. I have the same information about William Houts. I have Preston being born 25 Oct 1816. This is from an obit from the Oskaloosa...

Re: McMAHON, John L B 1822 Ireland, 1897 N.Dakota, QUINLAN 1831 Ireland -1885. Posted on: 11 Feb 2015, by sstanger1

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Simcoe

Hi, Your GGrandfather John L. McMAHON b 1822 Ireland dcd 1897 Grand Forks N.Dakota USA GGrandmother, Ann McMAHON nee QUINLAN b 1831 Ireland - dcd 1885 16 children born in Tottenham, Ontario Canada 1850 - 1...

Re: Photos Posted on: 12 Feb 2015, by wannaplay2

Surnames > Shuler

...any names on them? My gg-grandfather is Cornelius Shuler born in Frederick Co, Virginia in 1807. My g-grandfather is James C Shuler born 1847 there in Frederick Co, Virginia. I do have a picture of James and his...

Re: Joseph Cosby and Letitia Caesar and their ancestry Posted on: 12 Feb 2015, by abutlerxxo

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > Digby

...Abstracts) m. Rebecca Isles b. 1840 m. Nov. 12, 1857, child Mary Cosby b. 1865 m. Charles A. Boudreau (my ggrandfather) child,Alma G. Boudreau b.1880 (my grandmother). D. Furlong

Re: Slave owners in East Texas. The parents, siblings. of Robert Proctor Grayson in North Carolina Posted on: 12 Feb 2015, by FGreen0570

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Anderson

I was just reading your message and we may or may not be related. My g-grandfather Joe Barnett(e) is in the 1880 census in Anderson County and married to Annie Whitehead. Many of my relatives lived in Anderson C...

Re: George Washington McKee, TN, wife Sarah? Posted on: 12 Feb 2015, by chrismckee5

Surnames > McKee

...bill...http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/14006263/person/1449175376 though he appears much older. He is my 3rd GGrandfather. DNA results are conclusive - I am from this lineage. George Washington McKee Birth c181...

Re: Reed's in TN and MO Posted on: 12 Feb 2015, by toreed47

Surnames > Reed

...helps. I think you are wright about the census they give different birth place in each census. My GGrandfather Thomas J. Reed give MO in one census then TN in the next. Thanks again Thomas

per page