Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 250 Messages

per page

Keziah Murfin b. June 15, 1784 d. August 4, 1856 m. Thomas Wells, Burlington Co., NJ Posted on: 18 May 2016, by jlubinski

Surnames > Murfin

...by her name listed on the death certificate of her son William Wells b. 1805 d. June 27, 1878 (my 2nd ggrandfather). I can only find one line of Murfin/Murphin in Burlington County and am hoping to find her paren...

Re: Ralls Co. Hist. Soc. Posted on: 27 May 2016, by mandalynn122

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Ralls

Browns of Ralls. My 5x ggrandfather is William R Brown, died in Ste Genevieve county MO. His Rev war pension is mixed up with a William (R) Brown of Ralls county. They were both from Virginia, born the same yea...

Re: looking for Fannie Finley Posted on: 03 Jun 2016, by BobbyFerguson...

Surnames > Finley

...sure if we are related but my Finley's came from South Carolina and Georgia and moved to Alabama. My ggrandfather was Christopher Columbus Finley and there are a few of them so some of the info seems to be mixed ...

GARCIA / MENENDEZ - Oveido, Austurias, Spain Posted on: 10 May 2016, by cnurse4181

Localities > Western Europe > Spain (Espana) > Regions > Asturias

...ggreat-grandfather, Raimondo/Raymond MENENDEZ b. abt 1872. They lived in Oviedo, Asturias, Spain. My ggrandfather, Alejandro Garcia Menendez, was born in Sama, Spain in 1892 and immigrated to the USA alone in 19...

Re: Steele Posted on: 01 Aug 2016, by szewczyks1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Ripley

...but I am sure that we are related. My GGGGrandmother was Ellen Steele who married Archibald Reid. My GGrandfather and Grandfather have the middle name of Steele. Fanny and William came to the US in 1840 with my...

William Greaves - Waldridge, County Durham Posted on: 10 Mar 2016, by Deborah00007

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > General

Looking for information about my GGrandfather, William Greaves. William is listed as 'father' on my Grandmother's birth certificate (13 May 1906); her name was Alice Elizabeth Maud Greaves. Her mother was shown ...

Re: Oliver Stratton b 1818 in TN, m. Harriet Brown, son of Calvin Stratton CT & Gabriella Johnson NH Posted on: 14 Mar 2016, by kltjkj6

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Sumner

I descend thru this line. My g-grandfather, Oliver Stratton (1818-1879, Calvin Stratton (1777-1860?), Martin Stratton (1730-1786), Serajah Stratton (1706-1758), William Stratton (1680-1709). Maybe I can help y...

James Butler 1730-1783 Ireland to Va Posted on: 16 Mar 2016, by Thesmashley

Surnames > Butler

I am looking for any information regarding my 7th ggrandfather James Butler born in 1730 and died in 1783 who married Mary Beckwith. My line up to James Butler and Mary Beckwith: William Aaron Butler m. Frances...

Asahel Adams (abt 1760-1844), CT?>VT>Yates/Ontario Co Posted on: 04 Jun 2016, by oldbruin

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Yates

I have pretty credible evidence that the Asahel ADAMS who died in Yates Co, NY, was my 4th ggrandfather. Sources show he was in Pawlet, Rutland, VT, 1789-1806, and in Ontario/Yates Co, NY, until his death in 1844...

Re: John and Selia Kidd - of Buckingham VA -- Looking for TN cousins Posted on: 20 Jul 2016, by hvdunn79

Surnames > Kidd

Hi, Hezekiah's brother John was my 4th g-grandfather. John married Lucy Logan in Amherst VA in 1812. They moved to Knox TN at least by 1836, because their daughter Mahala (my 3 g-grandmother) married in Knox that ...

Re: Timothy Jones 1830 Census Posted on: 17 Apr 2016, by thomasker2

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Wayne

NOTE - There is a 20 yr. gap in the census records [1880 - 1900] as the 1890 census was burned in the 1920's. Add 20 yrs to everyone's 1880 age for the 1900 census. I’m not related to any member of ...

Help deciphering birth certificate amendment Posted on: 19 Mar 2016, by GarnhamL

Topics > Research Resources > Vital Records (BMD, name changes, etc > )

Hi everyone - help please if you can! I have ordered a birth certificate (my GGrandfather) to find an amendment to the father's (informant's) signature, so that the certificate reads as follows: Plymouth 1894 S...

Feula-Decarolis descendants Posted on: 24 Mar 2016, by paulbeatles24

Surnames > Feula

Looking for descendants of my ggrandfather 's sister Filomena Decarolis. She was born on August 2,1885 and died May 19,1958. She was married to Pasquale Feula on November 14,1907 in Providence,RI and they had ten...

J. Sterling Neil died Oct. 8, 1914 in the Eastern State Hospital (now Lakeshore Mental Health Inst) Posted on: 05 Jun 2016, by copperpenny47

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Knox

Would like to see if there is a death cert for my ggrandfather, J. Sterling Neil b. Oct 26, 1856 in Tn. and d. Oct 8, 1914 in Knoxville. He is buried in the Eastern State Hospital Cemetery. His wife was Alice B...

Re: James Hite of New Jersey and PA Posted on: 17 Jun 2016, by robtmccartney

Surnames > Hite

My 5th ggrandfather was James Hite (1751 - 1848), born in NJ and moved to Henderson TWP. Huntingdon Cty, PA. His brother was Henry hite, about whom I have no further information. James had a son, William Henry ...

James Polk Hicks b 1848 d 8 3 1835 Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by nona_smith_ha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Boone

James P Hicks was my ggrandfather buried at Ball Knob (find a grave) w Sarah York b 1858 d 11 17 1900 Ball Knob in Boone Co Ark. You will find Hicks there and Potts also lived in the same area. The cemetery is o...

Harriet May Reed(nee Negus) Posted on: 22 May 2016, by wingweaver84

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Plymouth

...NEGUS(b.1851 Barton upon Humber,England-November 18 1898)and Rachel SMITH(1847-1919). Her brother was my g-grandfather Garfield NEGUS(1884-1969). I know Garfield was born in Nova Scotia but his home was New Bruns...

Cooney/Byrne-Greene - Caim, Killoughrum, Wexford 1901/1911 Census Posted on: 05 Jul 2016, by Wifey1983

Surnames > Cooney

...Calvary Cemetery in Queens, NY. I am Margaret and Joseph Greene's gg-granddaughter. William Greene is my g-grandfather. The Cooneys are my g-grandfather's half siblings. I would like to find out more about the...

Re: Obit, R. O. Pea, 1925-2009 Posted on: 12 Aug 2016, by Terry_Pea

Surnames > Crawford

Samuel was my 2nd g-grandfather, and yes he is the one standing on the left. He and his 8 brothers were Scotsmen, not Dutch. They were from Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, and Samuel ended up in Missouri, serving ...

In-person birth index search - Brooklyn 1875. Posted on: 12 Jul 2016, by angie_oneil

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...the Brooklyn directories I find these families variously at 90, 92, 94 and 98 Bergen Street. Now my GGrandfather, James (the younger above) was born February 22 1874 at 96 Bergen Street to parents James O’Neil (...

Re: More Questions Than Answers..... Posted on: 18 Aug 2016, by andrewfarmer5...

Surnames > Duffy

...buildings in Falkirk. His Father is Michael, mother is Anne, and has a sister Mary, born 1864, John, my GGrandfather, born 1866, Hugh, born 1868, Lizzie born 1876, Bridget born 1878, all of these are born in I...

Re: Allan in Bucksburn Aberdeen and Mid Lothian Posted on: 14 Jun 2016, by DAllan96

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Aberdeenshire > General

...lot . Richard Allan ps My tree should be on Ancestry I think .Its under Allan Littlejohn Millar My Ggrandfather was William Allan b Pencaitland East Lothian in 1845 wife Margaret Bell .

Re: Holladay Family Cemetery Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by lundybutler

Surnames > Holiday

Thank you for your link. Lewis Holladay is my 4th G'grandfather.

A.D. Brown Death by shooting Posted on: 12 Aug 2016, by flyboy66

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Lamar

I am looking for info on the obit and/or burial place of my GGrandfather AD Brown. He was a CSA vet and was captured at Vicksburg. He lived in Lamar Dist when he was murdered by a neighbor. (supposedly over the n...

Sidoti's from Patti Posted on: 05 Apr 2016, by psidoti0912

Surnames > Sidoti

...Italy 1822) married Maria Russo 2G-Grandfather Giuseppe Sidoti (Born Italy 1856) married Maria Rotella G-Grandfather Vincent Sidoti (Born Italy 1887) married Vincenzia Accordino Grandfather Joseph Sidoti ...

BUYS/BICE/BOICE/BOYCE NY>NJ Posted on: 13 Apr 2016, by vietvet173d_1

Surnames > Boyce

Still looking for more information on my Boyce ancestors or even just to be sure what I have is correct. I think my family always thought that our Boyce ancestors had only been in the country for a ge...

Surnames > Boice

Still looking for more information on my Boyce ancestors or even just to be sure what I have is correct. I think my family always thought that our Boyce ancestors had only been in the country for a ge...

Re: bjornson family iceland Posted on: 16 Apr 2016, by mmanchur156

Surnames > Bjornson

...side) I do have a very young photo of Darwin and his Twin Sister, my Mothers , 1st cousins.. And your GGrandfather was a very well known person in Markerville. Also I have 1 photo of the little boy, (I think his...

Benjamin Baylor 1745 living in Mason Co.,Kentucky Posted on: 06 May 2016, by patcartermorg...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Mason

...know that some of the BAYLOR families moved to Indiana. I think that he may be the grandfather of my ggrandfather William Benjamin Anderson CARTER. Any info. will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Pat

Re: Letz Family in Texas Posted on: 28 May 2016, by LWelch7915

Surnames > Letz

August Letz was my g-grandfather through his daughter Emma. Would love to share information.

Surnames > Bice

Re: Simek Surname Posted on: 19 Jun 2016, by thelma292929

Surnames > Simek

My Simecs were Ukrainian - at least I've always known them to be - is it possible that my ggrandfather came from Czech lands - I haven't been able to find anything from Ukraine.

McDevitts Posted on: 01 Aug 2016, by margaretletit...

Surnames > McDevitt

Am coming across just now all these posts re: the McDevitts. My g-grandfather was Charles Kelly and his father was Bartholomew Kelly who married a Margaret McDevitt.. The names of children in the posts seem to rin...

Re: William Oram Brown b 1860 Havre de Grace, MD Posted on: 09 Apr 2016, by Robertson_Ela...

Surnames > Oram

I was wondering if you were still looking for information. William Oram Brown is my ggrandfather.

The Dutchess Company Posted on: 25 Apr 2016, by fiskd1

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Dutchess

...national historic place. I've also searched the mid-hudson library system catalog - notta. I have a 3rd g-grandfather and his son, my 2nd g-grandfather who lived in Wappinger and Fishkill and were engravers by trade, beginnin...

Re: Anton Julius PETERSEN (1861-1951) buried in Bellflower, Los Angeles, California, United States Posted on: 08 Jun 2016, by wwong04

Surnames > Petersen

This was research I actually did for a friend of mine; this is her g-grandfather. Are you related to Anton?

Same grandfather Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by macey_bourke9...

Surnames > Bourke

Hi Russell! My names Macey, I am a Bourke and we most definitely share the same ggrandfather, as they have the exact same name and around about the same timing do coming to Australia! I have a lot of my family...

Re: SAENZ DRUGS - San Antonio Early 1900's Dr. Saenz/Dr. Balisto Posted on: 23 Apr 2016, by ReneSaenzTann...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Bexar

...information....I have very little on that subject of my grandfather....(the drug stores in Texas, etc) your g-grandfather and he must have had a close relationship and would love to know more, see photos, stories,...

Re: zumwalt Posted on: 03 Jul 2016, by brendawever9

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Carter

My ggrandfather was Benjamin Franklin Zumwalt he married Rebecca Starr they had four children from this union does anyone know who her parents were and what the names of their children were

Julianne Oelke Posted on: 30 May 2016, by hillebrandpl2...

Surnames > Oehlke

My g-grandmother, Julianne Oelke/Olke married my g-grandfather, August Uttecht/Utich on 30 Jun 1881 in South Russia now Ukraine. I'm trying to locate any records on Julianne (i.e., date of birth, parents, etc.) w...

Re: Richard Mentor Johnson Posted on: 27 May 2016, by BrendaWilfert

Surnames > Johnson

...you are still interested and I will be happy to share information with you. RMJ was my 3rd and 4th GGrandfather through his daughter, Imogene. Brenda Wilfert - Kentucky Roots Tree

William James McConney Posted on: 26 Jun 2016, by CaroleHudon

Surnames > McConney

This is my g-grandfather who emigrated from China in 1881 to Chaguanas, Trinidad. Set up shop, eventually sold in 1908 to return to China. Either he did not go or returned because he died in Belmont area in 1913....

Re: Oliver Stratton b 1818 in TN, m. Harriet Brown, son of Calvin Stratton CT & Gabriella Johnson NH Posted on: 16 Mar 2016, by AnnieCougar

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Sumner

I descend through the same line, so hello cousin. Oliver was my g-grandfather as well, through his son Joseph Norman, whose son William Oliver was my grandfather. I have the line itself, including many collatora...

Dalesio-Decarolis descendants Posted on: 24 Mar 2016, by paulbeatles24

Surnames > Dalesio

...related to Cecilia, Mary and Frank Dalesio. There parents were Angie Sanpietro(niece to my paternal ggrandfather) and Frank Dalesio. Cecilia married Carl Bobbitt. Mary Dalesio married Frank Bartlet. Frank Dalesio...

Simeon Henry Wolf aka "Simon" aka "Sim" Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by 77wolfe77

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Wolfe

...could... My grandfather: Luther Leon Wolfe Born 9-18-1937 (Oklahoma) Died March 2003 (Sapulpa, Oklahoma) G-grandfather: Raymond Hadley Wolfe Born 3-30-1910 (Thayer, Missouri) Died 12-25-1963 (Sapulpa, Oklahoma...

Trying to link Margaret Bethurem 1819-1863 to James Bosley Posted on: 04 Mar 2016, by Jrfalkner47

Surnames > Bethuram

...g-grandmother to be (Hannah?) Margaret Bethurem b. 1817 in Rockcastle Co., Ky. Her 2nd husband was my g-grandfather, Julius F. Raymond. However, there seems to be some family discussion concerning her real maiden ...

Re: Josiah Adams Posted on: 15 Jun 2016, by JudySchrock42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Bedford

The Josiah Adams who is my 3rd g-grandfather would have been born about 1790 and would have been 60 years old in 1850.

George Duncan FISHER - Langdon Area Posted on: 10 Aug 2016, by leytaducasse

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Cavalier

...the early 1890's in Detroit, Michigan. I believe he may have relocated to live near his uncle (my ggrandfather) Eric McKAY and his wife Mae McKAY McDOUGALL who were farming near Langdon from approximately 188...

Re: Fleming Weavers - Strathaven Posted on: 01 Jul 2016, by dmbostwi

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

I'm attaching a document that might be of interest to you. It is for my 5x ggrandfather Mungo Bryson born Mar 31 1723. This is note I have from document 'Mungo Bryson (Bricen) birth document showing father to be ...

Re: Glendenning/Clendenin Posted on: 04 May 2016, by campbellaliso...

Surnames > Glendenning

Don't know if you are still on this board but I am a Glendenning and my ggrandfather was listed on his marriage certificate as John Clindinnen (Liverpool Dec 1872). (Family Search has him down as Clindiman for hi...

per page