Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 111 Messages

per page

Re: Lemuel Stone, George Washington Stone, William (husband of Sarah Huddleston)...Is there a connection?? Posted on: 09 Jul 2016, by Sheryl_Baxter

Surnames > Stone

...but I keep hoping I will eventually figure it out. It only took me 20 years to prove JW Stone was my g-grandfather.

Re: Purves in Berwickshire Posted on: 26 Aug 2016, by cherylp52

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

...for the connection of my gggrandfather James Purves and Berwickshire. His wife was Janet Hewitt. My ggrandfather was Robert Purves. My grandfather was Edwin Purves. These relatives are buried in the South Kinlos...

Bertha, James, Elizabeth B Creswell/Francis Hallman/Harry Creswell Hallman/Myrtle Hallman Hardin Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by hallman_liber...

Surnames > Creswell

My ggrandfather, Francis Hallman married Bertha Creswell in Delaware in 1890. They had 2 children - Harry Creswell Hallman born in Indiana and Myrtle A Hallman born in Virginia. Bertha's parents names were Jame...

Re: WRIGHT, Alexander (1858-1907) Lived in Bibb Co. in 1900 Posted on: 18 Jul 2016, by gijoni2012

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Bibb

Thanks for replying again! Yes, I am aware of that record for Vernie. That's actually why I think my g-grandfather went by "Alex." However, In the 1900 census, the census taker wrote his name as "...

Re: Gause and DNA Posted on: 30 Aug 2016, by R_Schwarzmeie...

Surnames > Gause

Hello, I've had my DNA tested with ancestry.com. My ggrandfather was Charlie Gause. He was born in Grenada, MS.

Re: Gwozdz - Victoria Posted on: 23 Jul 2016, by cmusarahann

Surnames > Gwozdz

...is any relation or not..... it seems Gwozdz was a common name in south Poland especially. However my GGrandfather was named John (Jan) Gwozdz and was born in Poland (town always listed as unknown) around 1870. Hi...

Re: Hambricks Posted on: 02 Aug 2016, by algreen52

Surnames > Hambrick

My Better half is kin to John Mckeever Hambrick ggrandfather. his grandfather was Henry Grady Hambrick. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Mary

Re: INDIANA WINKLEPLECKS Posted on: 28 Aug 2016, by NinaStirlen62

Surnames > Winklepleck

...gggrandparents were Joseph Long and Catherine Winklepleck. Their son George b. 1817 in Tuscarawas Co was my ggrandfather. Catherine died young but her other children with Joseph were. John, Eve and Henry. Not ...

Beasleys of Haywood County Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by roger6715

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Haywood

My g-grandfather, George Washington Carver, was an orphan raised by a Beasley family in Haywood County, NC, probably around 1860-70. Does anyone have any information about this?

Re: Breland family Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by rhstec

Surnames > Harvison

Hello, my name is Judith Stechmann. I an descended from Abraham Breler Breland. My g-grandfather was Gaines Breland, son of John. Married to Melissa Harvison. All from McClain. Would like to hear from you.

Re: More Questions Than Answers..... Posted on: 18 Aug 2016, by andrewfarmer5...

Surnames > Duffy

...buildings in Falkirk. His Father is Michael, mother is Anne, and has a sister Mary, born 1864, John, my GGrandfather, born 1866, Hugh, born 1868, Lizzie born 1876, Bridget born 1878, all of these are born in I...

Re: BRELER Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by rhstec

Surnames > Harvison

I am descended from Abraham Breler. Hiram Breland and Lucy Moody. Also the Harvison clan. My g-grandfather was Gaines Breland, married to Melissa Harvison. I think we are close kin. My Mother was Estelle Bufki...

Alexander Stewart b.1854 Michigan m. Rebecca Hart in 1883 Posted on: 09 Jul 2016, by brown_mima

Surnames > Stewart

I'm Michelle Stewart Brown from Michigan. I am stumped looking for my Stewart ancestors. My ggrandfather was Alexander Stewart born 1854 in Wayne County, Michigan, he died July 15, 1932. Alexander married Rebec...

Simeon Henry Wolf aka "Simon" aka "Sim" Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by 77wolfe77

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Wolfe

...could... My grandfather: Luther Leon Wolfe Born 9-18-1937 (Oklahoma) Died March 2003 (Sapulpa, Oklahoma) G-grandfather: Raymond Hadley Wolfe Born 3-30-1910 (Thayer, Missouri) Died 12-25-1963 (Sapulpa, Oklahoma...

Re: Steele Posted on: 01 Aug 2016, by szewczyks1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Ripley

...but I am sure that we are related. My GGGGrandmother was Ellen Steele who married Archibald Reid. My GGrandfather and Grandfather have the middle name of Steele. Fanny and William came to the US in 1840 with my...

Re: In-person birth index search - Brooklyn 1875. Posted on: 13 Jul 2016, by angie_oneil

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

Hi sarge, I have the certificate and christening details of James - both confirmed as my GGrandfather. Certificate gives address as 96 Bergen Street. Witness at the Christening was a brother of James - Felix O'N...

Re: My Casteel Line Posted on: 13 Jul 2016, by lolateninty

Surnames > Casteel

...GGGrandfather Elizabeth Jane (Hicks) Casteel - My GGGrandmother Elvira Ellen Casteel Absolomn David Looney - GGrandfather Lola Estella Casteel Grissom Williams - Grandparents James Washington Williams Ettie El...

Re: Holladay Family Cemetery Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by lundybutler

Surnames > Holiday

Thank you for your link. Lewis Holladay is my 4th G'grandfather.

Thomas P. Storey/Story/Storry information Posted on: 25 Aug 2016, by jtipton81

Surnames > Storey

...possibly Alabama. He married Abazillih Unk. (has been spelled many ways) who had several kids one being my ggrandfather Thomas Hudson Storey born 1841. Abazilloh died in Cherokee Co ALA and Thomas Hudson died i...

Re: Murphy's in Boherbue, Cork, Ireland Posted on: 19 Jun 2016, by warmun

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Cork > General

...family also came from Raenagoshel, Boherbue. Do you happen to have the name Benjamin in your family? My ggrandfather was Benjamin and born about 1827. He had a brother John but do not know his wife's name but he...

Re: Re :Kembles of Camden County, NJ Posted on: 28 Aug 2016, by vickiejohnsto...

Surnames > Kemble

That is my family of Kemble in Camden, NJ. My GGgrandfather was Elwood Kemble, GGrandfather was Elwood Jr, Grandfather Louis, Father Neal. Please contact me to compare notes. Vickie Kemble Johnston

Major and Eliza Wells, African American, Newton County, MS Posted on: 30 Aug 2016, by dgr1002

Surnames > Wells

Major and Eliza Wells were in the 1870 census and had my ggrandfather, Rasberry (R.B., Berry) Wells along with his sisters, Elizabeth Frances and Alice. R.B. married Martha Barnett and then moved to Vernon, OK i...

McDevitts Posted on: 01 Aug 2016, by margaretletit...

Surnames > McDevitt

Am coming across just now all these posts re: the McDevitts. My g-grandfather was Charles Kelly and his father was Bartholomew Kelly who married a Margaret McDevitt.. The names of children in the posts seem to rin...

James Polk Hicks b 1848 d 8 3 1835 Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by nona_smith_ha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Boone

James P Hicks was my ggrandfather buried at Ball Knob (find a grave) w Sarah York b 1858 d 11 17 1900 Ball Knob in Boone Co Ark. You will find Hicks there and Potts also lived in the same area. The cemetery is o...

Re: Mary Garden Opera Singer Posted on: 30 Jun 2016, by lunarbelle60

Surnames > Garden

...you are still around but yes, your great grandfather is related to Mary Garden. I presume that your ggrandfather was Robert Ross, (illegitimate) son of Robert Davidson (inventor of the electric train, of Canal R...

Re: John Hector MacDonald/McDonald Posted on: 03 Jul 2016, by bsullivan54

Surnames > MacDonald

Hello Diane - we have the same John Hector MacDonald I believe. Married to Margaret Robinson. He was my ggrandfather. His daughter Grace is my paternal grandmother. Bev

Re: Kenneth Wilson Vincent-DESPERATE TO FIND MY FAMILY!! PLEASE HELP!! Posted on: 08 Jul 2016, by greggmr65

Localities > North America > United States > States > Hawaii > Counties > Maui

...children, Me, Kimberly Louise, my sister Brenda Lynne and my brother, Kenneth LeRoy Vincent III. I think my g-grandfather could possibly be Enos Vincent of Hawaii and my g-grandmother could be his wife Mary. Alm...

Same grandfather Posted on: 09 Aug 2016, by macey_bourke9...

Surnames > Bourke

Hi Russell! My names Macey, I am a Bourke and we most definitely share the same ggrandfather, as they have the exact same name and around about the same timing do coming to Australia! I have a lot of my family...

Re: Genealogies of Catholic Families of Aroostook County, ME and the diocese of Edmunston, NB Posted on: 04 Aug 2016, by odiliasumner1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maine > Counties > Aroostook

I've hit a wall. Help. G-Grandfather Bernard Fortin B 1/18/1863 or 1864 St Fabien P.Q. D 9/1/1943 Grand Isle, ME. Reportedly has 2 birth certificates: one for 1/18/1863 w/parents names crossed out and one for 1...

Re: Obit, R. O. Pea, 1925-2009 Posted on: 12 Aug 2016, by Terry_Pea

Surnames > Crawford

Samuel was my 2nd g-grandfather, and yes he is the one standing on the left. He and his 8 brothers were Scotsmen, not Dutch. They were from Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, and Samuel ended up in Missouri, serving ...

Re: Origins of the FINNEGANs Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by Tom_Sugden

Surnames > Finnegan

Sam, I believe there is a definite connection to further establish . Your g-grandfather, George Finnegan, son of Peter whose father was also Peter was possibly a first cousin to my gg-grandfather Peter Finn...

Re: Bender to Painter Posted on: 30 Jun 2016, by Utilitydog200...

Surnames > Bender

Johann Jacob Bender 1740-1820 is my 5th g-grandfather. I too was wondering how this name change came about. You have to remember that Jacob (father) was born in Germany and still had the German accent and so did...

A.D. Brown Death by shooting Posted on: 12 Aug 2016, by flyboy66

Localities > North America > United States > States > Mississippi > Counties > Lamar

I am looking for info on the obit and/or burial place of my GGrandfather AD Brown. He was a CSA vet and was captured at Vicksburg. He lived in Lamar Dist when he was murdered by a neighbor. (supposedly over the n...

Re: Gilcrease, George Navarro County Texas Posted on: 29 Aug 2016, by Lizzy_boucher...

Surnames > Gilcrease

George W. Gilcrease is the 2nd G-Grandfather of my husband.

Garry W. Wall, 25 May 1865 - 17 Sep 1924; Wake and Johnston Co. North Carolina Posted on: 03 Sep 2016, by gbwall2

Surnames > Wall

I am stumped. My g-grandfather was Garry W. Wall and I think he was born in Johnston Co. NC. I know he is buried here in Zebulon NC. I cannot go any further back with any certainty from him. Believe his father was...

Re: More Questions Than Answers..... Posted on: 18 Aug 2016, by AD515052

Surnames > Duffy

Hi Andrew We are related!! Hugh Duffy is my GGrandfather - is so good to find another branch of the family!! I have lots of information about them - too much for a first message but the reason you struggle to f...

Re: Searching Waldeck/Swift Current Johnson's Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by wierdling

Localities > North America > Canada > Saskatchewan > Swift Current

helloo the james r johnson you mentioned is my GGrandfather. he's one of my brick walls born in wisconsin 1867 married a lady from minnesotta 'martha dahl' lots of info on him in canada looking for wisconsin in...

Re: Regiment 4, Anderson, SC Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by doggonemess1

Localities > North America > United States > States > South Carolina > Counties > Anderson

According to my grandmother, my 3rd ggrandfather, James Hall, was a Confederate deserter. What I've found online seems to place him in this regiment.

Re: John Henry Dash Posted on: 23 Aug 2016, by just1rose

Surnames > Dash

My name is Rose Marie Dash Smith. JHD was my Ggrandfather! I've been trying for quite some time to get info re: his parent/s names. I would appreciate any/all the info you might have and will gladly share the li...

Carmen Gonzalez from Meoqui Posted on: 15 Aug 2016, by SWstar

Localities > North America > Mexico > Chihuahua

...through Chihuahua baptism records, but it appears that none of them were baptized in Meoqui. She and my g-grandfather travelled back and forth from MX to New Mexico. All of the records I have found do not give ...

Albert J. Fandrey - Grand Rapids artist/decorator - looking for add'l artwork Posted on: 10 Jul 2016, by jmbarry

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kent

My 2-g-grandfather Albert Julius Fandrey b. Berlin Germany 1 Jan 1864, died Miami Florida 21 Nov 1946 - he lived in a variety of places, including Indianapolis, South Bend, and Chicago. But from at least 1930 (pr...

George Duncan FISHER - Langdon Area Posted on: 10 Aug 2016, by leytaducasse

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Cavalier

...the early 1890's in Detroit, Michigan. I believe he may have relocated to live near his uncle (my ggrandfather) Eric McKAY and his wife Mae McKAY McDOUGALL who were farming near Langdon from approximately 188...

Re: FOLLICK in Ontario (aka VOLLICK) Posted on: 18 Jun 2016, by GLKeith_73

Surnames > Vollick

...whether my husband's Vollick ancestors might tie into the family research that you are doing? His 2nd GGrandfather was William Vollick (b. 1828?) and his GGrandfather was Wesley Vollick (b. 21 Dec 1854) and Sarah Job. Than...

Spencer Pleasant Tyler from Marshall Cty, AL to Neshoba Cty, MS Posted on: 15 Jul 2016, by bnielsen4nco

Surnames > Tyler

Still trying to find the burial place of my GGrandfather. Spencer Tyler, abt 1855, died after 1920. Married Mary Victoria Lembrick/Limbrick, or some similar spelling, in Neshoba Cty, MS. M. V. Tyler is buried...

Re: Byron Warren & Minnie (Martin) Warren's children Posted on: 21 Jun 2016, by papadon04

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Sullivan

hello, good to hear from you. Byron Warren was my g-grandfather. He & Amanda are buried in the Hawkeye cemetery west of Green City. His father was Andrew Warren. Can I assume you think Byron and Rebekah we...

William Ernest Nephew Posted on: 08 Jul 2016, by SSmith3901

Surnames > Nephew

My ggrandfather was William Ernest Nephew who supposedly came to NY with his brother. Wm told his family he and his brother were robbed and William lived in St. Louis, Mo. for awhile, then Jefferson County, Mo. ...

Re: William McKinney in South Carolina 1800-1832 Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by davidhensley2...

Surnames > McKinney

...Ed married Mary Kate Davis and Alberta was their daughter.You and I share the same ggrandmother and ggrandfather. We are related. Arch Hoper was in the 15th Alabama where he signed up while living in Eufala duri...

Re: Seeking Descendants of Harp & Violin Children of 1850-1890 Posted on: 21 Aug 2016, by moira_f_mille...

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Basilicata > Potenza

Hi Valerie, I am descended from a harp player, my g-grandfather Giuseppe Di Stefano born 1850 in Spinoso. He travelled from Spinoso to England, met his English wife and travelled backwards and forwards to the US a...

Re: Hollingsworth Nova Scotia Posted on: 29 Aug 2016, by RobLeeWa

Surnames > Hollingsworth

...further you could add. GGGGrandfather: John R. (no dates) GGGrandfather: William Jefferson 1855 – 1942 GGrandfather: John Benjamin Henry 1884 – 1933 Grandfather: Carroll Henry 1919 – 2003 Father: Carroll Luther ...

Train Accident 17 Oct 1856 Galesburg, Illinois Posted on: 13 Jul 2016, by tlscholl66

Surnames > Russell

Looking for someone to find information on a train accident that killed my 4th GGrandfather William Russell b)1773 in Dutchess Co, NY. Would like to have a newspaper article, obit or anything with proof of death....

per page