Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 225 Messages

per page

My elusive GGG-Grandpa. Help needed. Posted on: 18 May 2016, by katpen5

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

...Christian is listed as Jacob Schwindt's father and Elisabetha Fett as Jacob's mother. Jacob is my 2nd GGrandfather. I don't read German but I had help from various people that found the record and transcribed its...

Re: Lemuel Stone, George Washington Stone, William (husband of Sarah Huddleston)...Is there a connection?? Posted on: 09 Jul 2016, by Sheryl_Baxter

Surnames > Stone

...but I keep hoping I will eventually figure it out. It only took me 20 years to prove JW Stone was my g-grandfather.

Still hunting for Votta in Italy Posted on: 30 Mar 2016, by smichalis_swa...

Surnames > Votta

...NJ where he lived the rest of his life. I have a friend that said her uncles came to America with my ggrandfather and they were from Spinoso. I am hoping to find out he is also from that area or if just helping s...

Richard Benbow (first son born July 1861, Tipton, Stafford, England) Posted on: 26 May 2016, by chloe2008

Surnames > Benbow

...to a woman by the the of Katherine (she was born about 1840 based on her age at death). They had my ggrandfather (George Benbow) in July of 1861, I possibly found his birth in Tipton, Stafford, England. He had ...

Re: Purves in Berwickshire Posted on: 26 Aug 2016, by cherylp52

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

...for the connection of my gggrandfather James Purves and Berwickshire. His wife was Janet Hewitt. My ggrandfather was Robert Purves. My grandfather was Edwin Purves. These relatives are buried in the South Kinlos...

Millers of Chester County, Pennsylvania Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by harrym947

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Chester

...been searching for the ancestry of Mark Miller, b. 1819, d. unk, in Chester County, PA. Mark is my g-grandfather. Mark married Eliza Houck and raised a family. Their last child, a son named George Wesley Miller...

George Beckwith/Thomas Beckwith Featherstone Castle Posted on: 02 May 2016, by whthayer1

Surnames > Beckwith

I have been chasing these folks for 20 years. It is interesting to me that much of the literature establishes them as being from Featherstone Castle, yet there is no mention of Featherstone Castle bei...

Bertha, James, Elizabeth B Creswell/Francis Hallman/Harry Creswell Hallman/Myrtle Hallman Hardin Posted on: 16 Jun 2016, by hallman_liber...

Surnames > Creswell

My ggrandfather, Francis Hallman married Bertha Creswell in Delaware in 1890. They had 2 children - Harry Creswell Hallman born in Indiana and Myrtle A Hallman born in Virginia. Bertha's parents names were Jame...

Re: WRIGHT, Alexander (1858-1907) Lived in Bibb Co. in 1900 Posted on: 18 Jul 2016, by gijoni2012

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Bibb

Thanks for replying again! Yes, I am aware of that record for Vernie. That's actually why I think my g-grandfather went by "Alex." However, In the 1900 census, the census taker wrote his name as "...

Hans Paul (Paulus) Heim - Germany Posted on: 04 Apr 2016, by brendac26

Surnames > Heim

May 8th GGrandfather was Hans Paul Heim born 1667 in Germany. I have found conflicting data that Hans Paul Heim wife's name as Anna Mabel Volcker but also that Hans Paul Heim born 1667 had a son by the same name...

Johannes Henrich Frankfurt Area 1800s Posted on: 08 May 2016, by eriefamily

Surnames > Henrich

My ggrandfather is listed on my grandparents' marriage certificate as Johannes Henrich, and his wife Elisabethe Grein. Having no luck finding these two on Ancestry. They ad my grandmother, Margaretha Johannetta E...

Re: Gause and DNA Posted on: 30 Aug 2016, by R_Schwarzmeie...

Surnames > Gause

Hello, I've had my DNA tested with ancestry.com. My ggrandfather was Charlie Gause. He was born in Grenada, MS.

Re: Gwozdz - Victoria Posted on: 23 Jul 2016, by cmusarahann

Surnames > Gwozdz

...is any relation or not..... it seems Gwozdz was a common name in south Poland especially. However my GGrandfather was named John (Jan) Gwozdz and was born in Poland (town always listed as unknown) around 1870. Hi...

Re: Hambricks Posted on: 02 Aug 2016, by algreen52

Surnames > Hambrick

My Better half is kin to John Mckeever Hambrick ggrandfather. his grandfather was Henry Grady Hambrick. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Mary

Re: INDIANA WINKLEPLECKS Posted on: 28 Aug 2016, by NinaStirlen62

Surnames > Winklepleck

...gggrandparents were Joseph Long and Catherine Winklepleck. Their son George b. 1817 in Tuscarawas Co was my ggrandfather. Catherine died young but her other children with Joseph were. John, Eve and Henry. Not ...

Re: Jones -Duty - Simino Posted on: 07 May 2016, by eubanks63841

Surnames > Jones

...married my maternal grandmother,Nancy Ida Jones. James Madison "Matt" Jones,my maternal g-grandfather.,was born in Missouri I think. He was married to Rachel Duty 26 Dec 1866 in Lawrence County,Arka...

Re: Matthew McCollough, Muddy Twp, PA Posted on: 29 May 2016, by Susan_Shirey

Surnames > McCullough

...message. If you have any more information on this family, I would be interested. Matthew is my 4th g-grandfather. Thanks! Susan Nixon Shirey snshirey@msn.com

Re: Muller Family: Alsace, France to Michigan Posted on: 19 May 2016, by higelin_basti...

Surnames > Muller

...family are also actually living in Fislis. The oldest "Muller ancestor" that I know is my ggrandfather who was named Florian MULLER and who was married to Alice MONA. Alice died 2001. One day, Alice (...

Scott, Charlotte Posted on: 10 Apr 2016, by Peggy_Hazen

Surnames > Scott

I'm searching for my 5th great-grandparent's family. Charlotte Scott, 1770-1828 married by 5th g-grandfather, Robert Williams, 1770-1846. She died in Shelby County, Tennessee on 14 Nov 1828. I'm hoping someone ...

Beasleys of Haywood County Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by roger6715

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Haywood

My g-grandfather, George Washington Carver, was an orphan raised by a Beasley family in Haywood County, NC, probably around 1860-70. Does anyone have any information about this?

Re: Breland family Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by rhstec

Surnames > Harvison

Hello, my name is Judith Stechmann. I an descended from Abraham Breler Breland. My g-grandfather was Gaines Breland, son of John. Married to Melissa Harvison. All from McClain. Would like to hear from you.

Help ...need any info on my great grandmother. Adopted into the Carter family Posted on: 05 May 2016, by trinastrong

Topics > Adoptions > United States > Mississippi

...born about 1861 in Mississippi and married her "brother" William Randolf (Carter) Davis, my ggrandfather, in about 1875. They lived in French Camp Mississippi. Long story about the Davis name. Evidently...

Re: More Questions Than Answers..... Posted on: 18 Aug 2016, by andrewfarmer5...

Surnames > Duffy

...buildings in Falkirk. His Father is Michael, mother is Anne, and has a sister Mary, born 1864, John, my GGrandfather, born 1866, Hugh, born 1868, Lizzie born 1876, Bridget born 1878, all of these are born in I...

Re: Christopher Trulson Gorder Posted on: 04 May 2016, by genie67rn

Surnames > Gorder

Found a sister to my g-grandfather Christopher Trulson Gorder, Inger Marie Trulson born 14 June 1817, Ullensaker, Akershus, Norway. She married Knud Paulson Enderurd(born 1817) who took the Gorder name when they e...

Re: BRELER Posted on: 23 Jun 2016, by rhstec

Surnames > Harvison

I am descended from Abraham Breler. Hiram Breland and Lucy Moody. Also the Harvison clan. My g-grandfather was Gaines Breland, married to Melissa Harvison. I think we are close kin. My Mother was Estelle Bufki...

Dickson Posted on: 30 Mar 2016, by magjen20071

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Butler

My GGRandfather, John J. Dickson was born in Butler County July 1863. Have never been able to determine his parents or siblings. He end d up in Pittsburgh married to Ellen Collins. Any connections?

Re: Join the DeVault project Posted on: 21 Apr 2016, by mlizlamb

Surnames > Devault

I'd like to join the DeVault project. My ggrandfather was James Madison Devault, (Nicholas, Thomas, Nicholas) and I've done the DNA test on Ancestry, as has my brother and sister. DNA goes back through the Popejo...

Re: Cleveland family Posted on: 03 May 2016, by djm0728

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Fairfax

Hello, I am the GGGranddaughter of Beverly J. Lacy and Miranda Lacy. My GGrandfather was George Hunter Lacy (born 1855 in Falls Church,Va) and my Grandfather was George Hunter Lacy (born 1904 in Fairfax,Va). Be...

Alexander Stewart b.1854 Michigan m. Rebecca Hart in 1883 Posted on: 09 Jul 2016, by brown_mima

Surnames > Stewart

I'm Michelle Stewart Brown from Michigan. I am stumped looking for my Stewart ancestors. My ggrandfather was Alexander Stewart born 1854 in Wayne County, Michigan, he died July 15, 1932. Alexander married Rebec...

Re: Swisher, Trace 1872 Darke Co Ohio Posted on: 17 Apr 2016, by jmjjeffers

Surnames > Swisher

Hello robin, this is my ggrandfather. His daughter Iris was my grandmother. She married Ernest Jeffers in Kokomo In. I believe Trace's father was Son Swisher married to a Mary Trissell. And his father I believe t...

Re: JAMES WILBUR SPRAWL Posted on: 03 Jun 2016, by loushawsgirl

Surnames > Sprowl

...belmont and monroe counties ohio.her fathers name was henry wilson sprowl,from belmont county ohio,her g-grandfather was william henry sprowl,from ohio,her g-g-grandfather was thomas, sprowl(sproule) washington,pa...

Simeon Henry Wolf aka "Simon" aka "Sim" Posted on: 17 Aug 2016, by 77wolfe77

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Wolfe

...could... My grandfather: Luther Leon Wolfe Born 9-18-1937 (Oklahoma) Died March 2003 (Sapulpa, Oklahoma) G-grandfather: Raymond Hadley Wolfe Born 3-30-1910 (Thayer, Missouri) Died 12-25-1963 (Sapulpa, Oklahoma...

Re: Steele Posted on: 01 Aug 2016, by szewczyks1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Ripley

...but I am sure that we are related. My GGGGrandmother was Ellen Steele who married Archibald Reid. My GGrandfather and Grandfather have the middle name of Steele. Fanny and William came to the US in 1840 with my...

In search of: family of: Heinrich Wilhelm Muhle and Rosine Dorothee Charlotte Borges Posted on: 01 Apr 2016, by xxg_626

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Unknown

...looking for relatives of (my ggg grandfather) Heinrich W Muhle. His wife Rosine died giving birth to my ggrandfather Theodor Muhle (Muhl) on 5 Sep 1866 in Germany. I am showing a possible 3 daughters to that un...

Re: In-person birth index search - Brooklyn 1875. Posted on: 13 Jul 2016, by angie_oneil

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

Hi sarge, I have the certificate and christening details of James - both confirmed as my GGrandfather. Certificate gives address as 96 Bergen Street. Witness at the Christening was a brother of James - Felix O'N...

Re: My Casteel Line Posted on: 13 Jul 2016, by lolateninty

Surnames > Casteel

...GGGrandfather Elizabeth Jane (Hicks) Casteel - My GGGrandmother Elvira Ellen Casteel Absolomn David Looney - GGrandfather Lola Estella Casteel Grissom Williams - Grandparents James Washington Williams Ettie El...

Re: Holladay Family Cemetery Posted on: 21 Jul 2016, by lundybutler

Surnames > Holiday

Thank you for your link. Lewis Holladay is my 4th G'grandfather.

Re: GEORGE GULLION FAMILY OR WILLIAM FORRESTER SMITH Posted on: 11 May 2016, by holliegullion

Localities > North America > Canada > Alberta > Athabasca

...search, does any one know the name of George Gullion born 1774 fathers name? Franklin Gullion is my GGrandfather. Still trying to fill in blanks on children Thanks...Hollie

Aquilino Micheli Posted on: 14 May 2016, by RobinKC1965

Surnames > Micheli

Hello, I am looking for information on the Micheli family. According to my g-grandfather Aquilino Micheli's passport information his father's name was Luigi Micheli born in Austria, and on his death certificate it...

Re: Philip Petrie Posted on: 02 Jun 2016, by ccordell1946

Surnames > Petrie

I am looking for this information also, He is my ggrandfather as well.

GARCIA / MENENDEZ - Oveido, Austurias, Spain Posted on: 10 May 2016, by cnurse4181

Localities > Western Europe > Spain (Espana) > Regions > Asturias

...ggreat-grandfather, Raimondo/Raymond MENENDEZ b. abt 1872. They lived in Oviedo, Asturias, Spain. My ggrandfather, Alejandro Garcia Menendez, was born in Sama, Spain in 1892 and immigrated to the USA alone in 19...

Re: Solomon Tenney NY>MI Posted on: 07 Jun 2016, by TonyRiva39

Surnames > Tenney

...am related to Solomon C. Tenney as well. Through his daughter, Katherine(Kit) Tenney. She married my ggrandfather, Frank Llewellyn Barnes. Thank you for the information . I hope you found the additional sources ...

Re: Conner & Walker Posted on: 18 May 2016, by hreneeco

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Indiana

Robert Conner is my 3rd G-G grandfather. Who is your G-grandfather as mine 2nd G-G grandfather was Robert?

Thomas P. Storey/Story/Storry information Posted on: 25 Aug 2016, by jtipton81

Surnames > Storey

...possibly Alabama. He married Abazillih Unk. (has been spelled many ways) who had several kids one being my ggrandfather Thomas Hudson Storey born 1841. Abazilloh died in Cherokee Co ALA and Thomas Hudson died i...

Re: Murphy's in Boherbue, Cork, Ireland Posted on: 19 Jun 2016, by warmun

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Cork > General

...family also came from Raenagoshel, Boherbue. Do you happen to have the name Benjamin in your family? My ggrandfather was Benjamin and born about 1827. He had a brother John but do not know his wife's name but he...

Gullion family line Posted on: 11 May 2016, by holliegullion

Localities > North America > Canada > Alberta > Athabasca

...search, does any one know the name of George Gullion born 1774 fathers name? Franklin Gullion is my GGrandfather. Still trying to fill in blanks on children Thanks...Hollie

Re: Re :Kembles of Camden County, NJ Posted on: 28 Aug 2016, by vickiejohnsto...

Surnames > Kemble

That is my family of Kemble in Camden, NJ. My GGgrandfather was Elwood Kemble, GGrandfather was Elwood Jr, Grandfather Louis, Father Neal. Please contact me to compare notes. Vickie Kemble Johnston

Major and Eliza Wells, African American, Newton County, MS Posted on: 30 Aug 2016, by dgr1002

Surnames > Wells

Major and Eliza Wells were in the 1870 census and had my ggrandfather, Rasberry (R.B., Berry) Wells along with his sisters, Elizabeth Frances and Alice. R.B. married Martha Barnett and then moved to Vernon, OK i...

Re: Mallott/Mellot/Mellott Posted on: 02 Jun 2016, by loushawsgirl

Surnames > Mallet

john m mellott was my 7th g-grandfather.and i think your theodore and my theodous mellott are the same people.if he was born feb.7,1752,and died 8/27/1840,and was married to amelia levine,then he is the same perso...

McDevitts Posted on: 01 Aug 2016, by margaretletit...

Surnames > McDevitt

Am coming across just now all these posts re: the McDevitts. My g-grandfather was Charles Kelly and his father was Bartholomew Kelly who married a Margaret McDevitt.. The names of children in the posts seem to rin...

per page