Search the Boards

Search Results for "ggrandfather" - 708 Messages

per page

Re: Stouts in MD Tenn Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by rottiedogmb

Surnames > Stout

Your great grandfather, James Buchannan Stout was the younger brother of my G'grandfather George Washington Stout.

Re: My ggrandfather died in PA mine Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by Jan26629

Topics > Occupations > Mining > United States > Pennsylvania Miners

HI Jerry, My g grandfather, Paul Onunschak also died in the PA mines. I have some info on it. However, do you have any info on Repplier Mines (st Clair, Pa)? I can't find much on the web about it. ...

HI Jerry, My g grandfather, Paul Onuschak also died in the PA mines. I have some info on it. However, do you have any info on Repplier Mines (st Clair, Pa)? I can't find much on the web about it. ...

Re: My ggrandfather died in PA mine Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by shepard999

Jan, Below is the related data that I found for Pennsylvania Mining Accidents 1869-1920 for all of PA and 1899-72 for eastern PA: Date of Accident / Name of Person / Age / Name of Mine (Town)...

Re: WESCOTT LEWIS MASTEN IN SARATOGA CO Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by Marjorie493

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saratoga

...Lewis. I'm still trying to get my Joseph Lewis' straightened out. Joseph H. LEWIS (1835-18870 was my ggrandfather, his father was Stephen LEWIS (1802-1869), and Stephen's father may be another Joseph LEWIS but I ...

Re: Smith , Ludlum Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by job181

Surnames > Ludlum

... She has mentioned the name Smith Ludlum. Do you have a source of good Ludlum family history? Her ggrandfather was Oliver Ludlum and her grandfather was born in New Orleans and named Joseph Wesley Ludlum. Thank...

Re: Russell, Isle of Wight, UK Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by maryryder60

Surnames > Russell

...Russell, this is the Family I am researching as Edward J Russell was my gggrandfather the parents of ggrandfather Andrew Russell born in Cork Ireland 1881 he went on to marry Mary Ellen Cashman 1907 trying to fi...

Re: William Lee died 1819 Madison CO ILL Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by sweetmrsm

Surnames > Lee

...then and a line of Glenns near by. The Lees can be found in TX in 1850...not far from the Glenns and my GGrandfather Levi Lee marries a Glenn daughter, Missouri Anna and another of the Lee boys marries her sister...

Re: Martens-Iowa Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by ncoverberg1

Surnames > Martens

Theresa- I have some information with regard to your ggrandfather (James Theodore Martens) If you would contact me I would be happy to share it with you. James was the son of my late husbands ggrandmother Fred...

William Rogers B- 1917 Adair County Ky. married Elizabeth Bradshaw Posted on: 01 Feb 2014, by l_rog60

Surnames > Hurt

William was my ggrandfather. He is buried in the Rogers plot in a grave yard in Columbia Ky. I don't know his father's name? Any info would be appreciated on my line.

HI Jerry, Thanks for all the info. I'm going to look at all the links you sent me. I never knew there were so many Billie/Billys that worked in the mines. Maybe a few of them could be related to m...

Re: Horton Family 1880's Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by nightstalker1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Shelby

Would Jacob Horton happen to be in your family tree? Or Carl Horton? they are my g-g-grandfather and g-grandfather, respectively. Only info I have is Carl died in 1958.

Re: Indian Rogers Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by l_rog60

Surnames > Rogers

I've traced my line to my ggrandfather and maybe gggrandfather. They where all in Adair County Kentucky. Dunks was my ggrandfather b-1881, but I don't know his father, I found a William "D" Rogers in a 1900 census ...

Re: Meacham, Saskatchewan BILYJ, Mike, Maria,John Posted on: 02 Feb 2014, by sstanger1

Localities > North America > Canada > Saskatchewan > Saskatoon

...- will show some personal info - including maiden name of mother - place of birth of mother - Your GGrandfather Michael BILYJ - may have made application for NATURALIZATION This will show Date and place of birt...

Re: Henderson/Feazel Family Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by plmit47

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Ellis

Gayle, Abraham Briggs Henderson (Spearsville) was my G-Grandfather. I think I remember that his father was John and that his wife was an Arrington. Mariah Henderson Mitchell was my Grandmother. Please share wi...

Re: Lowery,Cox,Futrel,Henderson Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by plmit47

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Union

Abraham Briggs Henderson (Spearsville & Junction City, AR) was my G-Grandfather. Do you have anything on him?

Re: Fred L. Rochon-b. Big Rapids, MI, 1886 Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by Gary_Barney

Surnames > Rochon

...Rochon grand parents are from Frederic Rochon and Amelia DePlanty of N.Y. c. 1850 . Son Elias was my GGrandfather other son Fred, is lost to me. Any history on your Big Rapids Fred? Garry (Rochon) Barney,Mi.

Re: ChIckasaw Cav. Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by martikw

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Pre-Statehood Territories > Indian Territory - 1900 > Chickasaw Nation

Sue, Who was your ggrandfather? Where is he and others of the Chickasaw Battalion buried. I have been researching this unit and their activities during the war. Thanks. Ken Martin

Re: 4th Arkansas Infantry Posted on: 03 Feb 2014, by coxandcox

Topics > Military > Civil War > Arkansas > General

...Him. His sons named, Wm. R. Cox, John P. Cox, Calvin S. Cox, White Everson Cox, Josephus Asa Cox (my GGrandfather), George W. Cox. Daughters named, Sarah Virginia Cox, Mary Jane Cox and Flora Bell Cox. Would yo...

Re: Kerry Research Trip Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by Conlet

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Kerry > General

...families from Kerry; one from this area as well. The only info on the other Griffin family is that my ggrandfather "could see the lakes from his home", which I interpret to mean the Killarney area. I ...

Re: Kempsters and Greethams Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by redcam

Surnames > Kempster

Hello, While I have Kempsters of Portsea in my family ( a 3rd ggrandfather), I have not made any connection into your line but wanted to share a tip that will likely help you find your Kempsters- the name Kempst...

Re: Maggie Margaret Kerins (nee Tahany) 'Carrigans', Sligo Ire Posted on: 04 Feb 2014, by cathym156

Surnames > Kerins

...Sligo (Michael & James); and they emigrated to Glasgow and had two more children. Michael is my ggrandfather. Ann died aged 32 in Glasgow. I was told that she came from the Ballymote area. I'd appreciat...

Peter Hetrick's birth of 1750 in Berks Co, PA Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by S_Wincek

Surnames > Hetrick

...that, either. Does anyone have a copy of that? I sure would appreciate some help. Peter Hetrick is my 4-g-grandfather.

Watts family from Irdell Co. N.C. Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by christmas9

Surnames > Watts

Hi, I am search for the Watts line that came from Irdell County North Carolina. My2x g-grandfather was William T. Watts b. around 1819 in Irdell Co. N.C. From William forward I have all the information. Its his fa...

Re: Isaac Keller b. 1848/9 TN // d. 1890 Knox Co KY Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by hlw108788

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Lee

Isaac Keller was my ggrandfather. I believe his middle name was Anderson. And my grandfather was Anderson. I believe his middle name was Isaac. I have the info, but can't get to it now. According to the records, ...

Manuel Nicodemis Castro Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by francesearnha...

Surnames > Parra

...your message board would like to know about Manuel, what was his occupation when he lived in Ca. My GGRandfather is his brother, Jose T. Castro. If you have info on my GGrandfather that would be great to know & if you ...

Re: HELP! NEED INFO Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by mmwilson7020

Surnames > Ladouceur

...since 2002. I really hope you still check your account. My gggreatgrandfather was Basile Ladouceur. My ggrandfather was Olivier Ladouceur. And my greatgrandfather was John Ladouceur. My father is James Ladouceur....

Re: Ellen Coffey/Coffee Helen Cuffy Posted on: 05 Feb 2014, by miracula

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Waterford > General

...son John was partly disinherited. Ellen and John had twelve children. Their son John, born 1869 is my ggrandfather. Marlise

Re: Minter and Galligher Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by cathyzellmer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Massac

...wondering where you found the names of his parents. And his first wife, Margaret Dyer, would actually be my g-grandfather, through son Albert. I have though been trying to document second wife Lizzie Galager (sp...

Austin County Slave owners Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by admin2119

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Austin

...list. I am at a standstill. My ggrandmother Marie (Mariah Jackson) born in Texas in 1855 married my ggrandfather Jerry Scales from Tennessee (born in Tennessee in 1854). They married in 1875 and settled on th...

Re: Leverette Colburn Posted on: 06 Feb 2014, by raquel_meyers

Surnames > Colburn

Which one is your grandparent if Frederick is your ggrandfather

Valentine's from Pendleton Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by ws_senesac

Surnames > Valentine

...help much, but I am Willis Smith, my father was Willis, grandfather was Willis but called Ray, g-grandfather was George, g-g-grandfather was Branson, and g-g-g-grandfather was James and somewhere down th...

Re: Aaron McKnight Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by Troygresham

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Cherokee

...then called Toliver, midway between Cushing and Sacul Texas. Both are buried in McKnight Cemetery. My ggrandfather James H. Gresham b. 1840 in Lowndes Co., Ala m. their daughter Rebecca Ann McKnight b. 1847 in ...

Charles Goff who married Amanda Martelia (Franklin) Poe Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by familyhistory...

Surnames > Goff

My Great Grandmother is Amanda.She married my GGrandfather Henry Harrison Poe. I have found my family on the 1900 census but haven't been able to locate them on the 1910 or 1920. My GGrandfather Henry died in 1922. I foun...

Charles Goff who married Amanda Martelia (Franklin) Poe Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by familyhistory...

Surnames > Poe

My Great Grandmother is Amanda.She married my GGrandfather Henry Harrison Poe. I have found my family on the 1900 census but haven't been able to locate them on the 1910 or 1920. My GGrandfather Henry died in 1922. I foun...

Re: Michael Faust Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by dfausty

Surnames > Faust

...record lists his wife as "Magdalena", b 1827 in "Hesse-Darmstadt", and lists my g-grandfather Frank Faust, b in Indiana 1862, along with several other children, none of which I am/was aware of ...

Information on my g-grandfather Posted on: 07 Feb 2014, by SRoss3

Surnames > Ball

Looking for information on my g-grand father, Henry (Harry) Wright Ball, believed to have been born in/or was living there when my grandmother, Sophronia Margarette was born in 1890, in Marshall town,...

Re: Samuel Baker Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by gunftr05

Surnames > Baker

My grandfather was Francis Porter Baker, son of Alpha Baker and Sarah Nickerson. G-grandfather was either Samuel or Henry Baker. F . was born 1862 Grundy Co Ill. great was from N.Y. My mom was Hera A Baker Horto...

Blackford Scotland Christie & Haggart families Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by dirigo19781

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Perthshire > General

...had Annie Mary Christie b abt 1847 I believe they also had a son John & James. Annie married my ggrandfather, Arthur Porter( from England) in Richmond Quebec Canada. She had 2 children Arthur Porter and An...

Re: Jeremiah Nichols - Crawford County Pennsylvania Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by Jmcwiv

Surnames > Nichols

He's my fifth G-Grandfather too, through Polly. His last name is Nicholas in the 1820 and 1830 censuses. There is a record of a Jeremiah Nicholas b. 1773 from Westchester County, NY joining the army for the War ...

Looking for Starlings Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by ElmerStarling

Surnames > Starling

...1949. My GM mothers name was Mary Amanda Padgett (b.1852,d.5/7/48), I am trying to find out what my ggrandfather name is and where is he was born. If anyone knows about them please advise. Thanks, Elmer J. "...

John Dillard Wade Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by dknudsen97

Surnames > Wade

I am researching John D. Wade from Mississippi. He is my husband's ggrandfather. His mother is Maggie Lee Wade so I think you are cousins. Do you have any documentation other than census on John Dillard Wade?

Re: BALLYBLOTHER,LETTERKENNY,DONEGAL IRELAND Posted on: 08 Feb 2014, by szewczyks1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Londonderry > General

...in the powder mills for DuPont. His father was Archy - from his birth and marriage certificate. My GGrandfather and Grandfather's names were Archibald Steele Reed. I have never been able to make an actual fam...

Southeastern Ohio... george P Jarvis? Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by edyefreeman

Surnames > Jarvis

I've been researching my g.grandfather's family for over 15 years with little to no progress. My ggrandfather was William Jarvis. He was supposedly born in Ohio in 1871. He was a teacher (later a superintendent)...

Ole Wick and Martha Piele Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by nelsmj

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Bergen

Ole Wick and Martha Piele were parents of my g-grandfather, Peter Olson who lived near Bergen - probably farmers. They had 9 children, a couple of them (Hill Olson Peile and Peter Olson/Piele) emigrated to Illino...

Re: Tarin/Tarrin family genealogy posted Posted on: 09 Feb 2014, by drdna37

Surnames > Tarin

...The places coincide but not the siblings. There has to be a connection. I do have the portrait of my ggrandfather Jose Maria Tarin with wife Heraclia Bonilla If it would help to finding a connection. Debbie Apar...

Smith and Broyles Family Posted on: 10 Feb 2014, by WillieShepard...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Greene

...C. & Jincey Taylor Smith. The information that I have they in lived in Sullivan County, Tn. My ggrandfather was Nathaniel Smith their son. The Broyles family is out of Culpepper, Va. Any information will ...

Re: John Carlisle Armstrong England ,NY Posted on: 10 Feb 2014, by dla_email

Surnames > Armstrong

...and married Arbelan Vance 1858 ILL. 7 children and William Lowery Armstrong is the one I think is your G-grandfather. I am a decendant of John Franklin Armstrong my grandfather and brother to Charles.

Joseph & William Macy, Pennsylvania circa 1850 Posted on: 11 Feb 2014, by morty2

Surnames > Macy

...Germany?spouse Anna?) have no info on him other than probably Schulylkill or East Falls area. His son, ggrandfather William was born 1858. Cannot find birth record or anything.for him until 1900 census for NYC (B...

MERRIGANS ~ Old Court Blessington / US / Massachusetts / Indiana / Montana / Arizona / CA Posted on: 11 Feb 2014, by loulouie

Surnames > Merrigan

I'm trying to get as far back in my family tree as possible. With many of the men with first names being a like or exact and they have married women with same names or similar I am having a difficult ...

per page