Search for content in message boards

Looking for Collaborator in Switzerland

Replies: 0

Looking for Collaborator in Switzerland

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 1:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brandenberger, B├Ąchler, Schneider, Breisacher, Meier, Uheli, Begg, Vock, Fischer, Furter, Huber, Knecht
Surnames: Brandenberger, Bächler, Schneider, Breisacher, Meier, Uheli, Begg, Vock, Fischer, Furter, Huber, Knecht

Looking for Swiss collaborators to find the ancestry of my great grandmother.

I am looking for descendants of Swiss Brandenbergers from Zurich possibly from Wiesendangen or Menzengrüt. My great grandmother Emma emigrated to the United States in 1873 with her stepmother, brother and stepbrother. Their last residence in Switzerland was Döttingen or Dottikon, Aargau.

Earliest ancestors that I have are her grandfather Johannes b. 1802 and grandmother Anna Barbara Schneider b. 1806. m. abt 1827 and were from Menzengrüt/Wiesendangen, Zurich.

Mother of Emma, Maria Anna Barbara Bächler, 1836-1870 of Ruswil, Lucerne(may have died in European smallpox pandemic 1870-71), stepmother Adelheid Breisacher, 1841-1876 of Döttingen, Aargau. Father Heinrich Brandenberger 1842-1919 Wiensendangen, Zurich emigrated to United States 1872 or 73.

Other associations to family may be: Elisabetha Bächler of Ruswil, Joseph Meier of Ruswil, Jakob Brandenberger of Menzengrüt, Verena Brandenberger-Uehli of Menzengrüt, Philipp Begg of Wildegg, Anna Vock of Anglikon, Aargau, Johan Fischer of Dottikon, Barbara Furter of Dottikon, Franz Xaver Knecht of Döttigen and Karolina Huber-Breisacher of Hagglingen, Aargau.

After arriving to New York in 1873 step mother and children reunited with father and are found on 1875 Kansas census in Marysville, Kansas. Other Brandenbergers in Marysville. Stepmother died in 1876-1880. Family next on 1880 census in Sherman, Texas.

Also traveling with family on the steamer Silesia in Sep-Oct 1873 were Anna Breisacher, b. 1849, Henry Schneider, b. abt 1850. Also another mother with children named Elisabeth Heimann. Gottleib Känel, b. 1829. Johann Ita, b. 1848.

If you are a descendant of Brandenbergers or any of these names are familar, I would like to know if you may be related. Swiss cantons and communes are small. So you may be related if your surnames come from same canton and commune in Switzerland.

Please contact me at your leisure.

C Martin

Find a board about a specific topic