Search for content in message boards

LOBSIGER family of Seedorf, Aarburg, Bern, Switzerland

Replies: 5

Re: LOBSIGER family of Seedorf, Aarburg, Bern, Switzerland

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 10:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lobsiger
My family originates from Seedorf. my name is jacqueline Lobsiger, I am a British and Swiss citizen living as a resident in the USA. I have a couple of Rudolf Lobsigers in my family line but do note have the names of their wives.Rudolf Lobsiger born 1797, christened 27 August in Kappelen, Kanton Bern, brother of my direct ancestor Bendicht Lobsiger born 1794, christened in Kappelen, Bern. Berhard died in Seedorf 10 April 1867. The parents of Rudolf and Berdicht were Bendict Lobsiger and Maria Gygi(with umlaut over the Y), married July 12 1793. Bendicht was died in Bern, Kanton 8 Nov 1799. His parents were Bendicht Lobsiger ans Anna Iseli. Father of Maria Gygi was Johannes Gygi. Maria Gygi Lobsiger remarried after Bendicht Lobsigers death Christian Schaller, they had 3 children. Does any of this information help you. When I came to the US I was very surpride to see that there were about 52 Lobsigers in the US at that time with phone numbers througout the USA. My feeling has always been that some of the Lobsigers emigrated from Seedorf. I have some interesting bits of information about the Lobsiger family and Seedorf if you are ever interested.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wwebber 18 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Beverly Walti 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
wwebber 3 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
lwalti 8 Oct 2001 7:40PM GMT 
JALobsiger 2 Apr 2012 4:35AM GMT 
wwebber 29 Apr 2012 7:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic