Search for content in message boards

Duenk, Snoeyenbos, Prange

Replies: 12

Re: Duenk, Snoeyenbos, Prange

wim prange (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 9:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Mary and Ethel,

Haven't done much on the Deunk/Duenk issue in my family but as you allready found out: my Johanna Deunk isn't related (for now) to the Duenk family. I have a copy of her marriagerecord and she is named Deunk, her parents being Hindrik Jan Deunk and Johanna Christina Snoeijenbosch. It is a funny coïncidence that a lot people with more or less the same names married to people with also more or less the same names. It shows why you should be very very carefull in copying names from records and only take the names from vital records as official.
This week I came acros a "parenteel" from the Duenk family on the internet. It is just a textfile and maybe the both of you have seen it allready but just in case:
http://www.gensdata.nl/search/text/parduenk.txt
I have found this txt on the gensdata site. This site maybe of particular interest to you because it has a searchable database with a lot of records from the so called "DTB" (=death/marriage/burial) books from Aalten before 1811. (http://www.gensdata.nl/sisis/)
Because of copyrights these records can only be found through selecting Gelderland as a source in the field "Search in" and typing your criteria in "word in text". You get a list with almost nothing in it but you get more details when you click on "details", you have to select each detail to find the record you're lookin for but it's worth a try.

Ethel, have you seen the Robert Swierenga books on people who left Holland in the 19th century? There is a copy of that book who lists "everybody" who emigrated in 'my archive' but I'm sure there will be copys of this book in Archives in USA and Canada. For further info search his name on Google for instance.

Gr. Wim
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mrisseeuw 14 Nov 2001 12:57AM GMT 
Ethel Watmough 14 Nov 2001 4:10AM GMT 
mrisseeuw 14 Nov 2001 2:58PM GMT 
Ethel Watmough 15 Nov 2001 1:37AM GMT 
wim prange 17 Nov 2001 4:33PM GMT 
Ethel Watmough 18 Nov 2001 10:50PM GMT 
madmomma7 24 Mar 2002 12:58AM GMT 
Dianne 29 Oct 2002 2:52PM GMT 
djdvsd 1 Apr 2012 2:46PM GMT 
Yvette Hoitin... 5 Jun 2012 7:56PM GMT