Search for content in message boards

Holt - Powell-- Day - Blair

Replies: 0

Holt - Powell-- Day - Blair

Posted: 1446342031000
Classification: Query
I wish I could post the letter I have . It was written by William Powell . In the letter he is explaining when the Powell's came to the United States from England . I can see someone took the time to list them in a message a few years ago . William wrote this summary of his family sometime before his death in 1897 . He states in the letter that Ambrose Powell was his great grandfather and married Margaret Holt whose family was Dutch . Her father was Michael and I followed the line that is supposed to be German ... Once again , proof they were not .. This letter has many of my ancestors and it indicates where they all came from The Day's , The Blair's , The Powell's . He states that his father was Squire Powell son of Elias son of Ambrose son of John . It is in his handwriting ... Not that the DNA is so widely used and you can have the results from both parents in one test ... many more people are participating . I have found I am a Holt not only by birth but also through my father's mother's side 5 generations back and it is the Randolph Holt line . I know it was like a light bulb going off for me . It explains why our trees cross and although I can follow our paper trail ... I still matched to people who did not . If you are having trouble I suggest you examine every branch in your tree . I know this can me time consuming .. I have also discovered I am French Huguenot and a descendant of the Mayflower ( through 4 families ) and more Quaker then I had ever known . Many of the Quaker lines are from Wales ... I have never thought I was German and my DNA ( 3 labs) are proof that I am not ...

Find a board about a specific topic