Search for content in message boards

Girolamo Mamo, Valetta, 1878

Replies: 3

Re: Girolamo Mamo, Valetta, 1878

Posted: 1497574068000
Classification: Query
Hi I know this post is from over a year ago, but thought Id reply in the hope you may see it.

I think I am searching the same family. I can't really help with Girolamo unfortunately, but Florence would have been my great-great grandmother if we are talking about the same person. Her daughter was my Nanas grandmother, whose name I've been told was Elviera, although it is spelled elvere on the 1911 census. You only mention 2 sons though so I'm not sure if we are dealing with the same family.

My nana was always told how her grandmother was from Belgium (which the 1911 states she was) and I found out she had brothers George (Belgium resident) and William from the census too.

There has been confusion as to how they came from Belgium to the north east, (my nana assumed Florence was from Belgium and came over here, but the 1911 census says otherwise as birthplace is listed as Newcastle Northumberland. The story was always she left her husband in Belgium for another man and came over to live here in the north east with him but now I don't know if that is the case.

Would appreciate any more information you may have regarding the family.
Thanks.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Anne Johnson 1458511541000 
kelly Archer 1497574068000 
Anne Johnson 1497597657000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic