Search for content in message boards

Atina / Val di Comino / Frosinone / Ciociaria

Replies: 4

Atina / Val di Comino / Frosinone / Ciociaria

Posted: 5 Mar 2009 5:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Del Prete, Leonardi, Pesce, Di Fiore, Bracciale, Rossi, Tortolani, Rolfi, Di Troia, Farina, Salvia
Hi, I am researching my family roots in Atina, Frosinone, Italy.

My maternal grandparents left Atina in 1911 to live in London in the “Little Italy” district of Clerkenwell, just around the corner from St Peter’s Italian Church.

I am interested in making contact with others who share my love of Atina and with those who are also tracing their Italian roots in this beautiful area of the Val di Comino / Frosinone / Ciociaria.

I thought you might be interested that I have just started an English website about
Atina / The Val di Comino / Ciociaria area:

http://atina.shapcott-family.com

I hope to add to the website and write about many of the surrounding towns, such as: Villa Latina, Picinisco, San Biagio Saracinisco, Settefrati, Gallinaro, San Donato, Alvito, Vicalvi, Posta Fibreno, Broccostella, Fontechiari, Casalvieri, Casalattico, Belmonte Castello, Terelle, Cassino, Montecassino, Sora, Carnello, Isola del Liri.

I am English, but 4 years ago we sold up lock, stock and barrel and moved from the UK to Live in Italy. Our new home is near the beautiful coast of Sperlonga / Itri in South Lazio, about an hour’s drive from Atina / Montecassino.

http://trecancelle.shapcott-family.com

We often visit the Val di Comino area as I still have some family there.

I am also interested in hearing from anyone who had connections with “Little Italy” in Clerkenwell, London, where my mother was born in 1920 and brought up. I too was born nearby, “within the sound of Bow Bells” so I suppose I could be called an “Italian Cockney” !!!

Anyway, very much looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,
Louise

I am researching these surnames In the Atina area:

Del Prete, Leonardi, Pesce, Di Fiore, Bracciale, Rossi, Tortolani, Rolfi, Di Troia, Farina, Salvia

There may be some new ones to add to your list.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shapette 5 Mar 2009 12:57PM GMT 
adrianaverrec... 24 Jul 2009 3:15PM GMT 
Shapette 9 Oct 2009 6:26PM GMT 
galeazzi 1 Mar 2010 3:33AM GMT 
al maiorino 6 Apr 2012 8:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic