Search for content in message boards

Looking for family in France or Algeria

Replies: 7

Re: Looking for family in France or Algeria

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 11:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandmother was Sarah Marco (she died in Paris in December of 1940 according to Red Cross Letter) I know that she brought my grandfather, Armand Sevey Sachs to the US in 1915 and showed them having lived in Wien Austria. She is listed as having a Goldstein as brother in law there. She lists Constantinople as her place of birth and she was born in 1875. I was in Istanbul the second week of December 2011 and through the Jewish information center located a Bernhard Marco buried in the Indonesian part of the city to have been a tailor of trade. Dr Henry Sachs was the father of my grandfather. He was a son of a tailor that family history tells us he was in Constantinople and a personal tailor to the Emperor and the fact is that during that period if in Constantinople Sultans were in power I am researching if the Emperor of France could have had his tailor in Constantinople. His wealth from that position afforded my great grandfather Dr Henry Sachs his medical education. Dr Sachs traveled as a physician employed by the French Government. I have the personal papers of my grandfather that list his place of birth in 1899 as Jassy, Romania . On his marriage application to his first wife he lists his father as Henry Sachs and a place of birth as Lazare, France which wikaPedia lists as the place of Royalty and only one synagogue is listed. I have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but do not have it all tied together. Sarah has a sister ! Emelie that married Samuel Rothlein that is from Constantinople. They were in Ohio where they had a daughter Sophia which I understand having visited the Palace of Haige Sophia in Istanbul.
one more fact was that Bernhard was married to Ethyl Kleinman from Hungary
Feel free to contact me lsullivan98@comcast.net or lsullivan98@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
avalon7 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Richard de Grood 3 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
mangocho1 22 Jul 2006 3:30AM GMT 
Okey Cart 12 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
murcianothoma... 22 Jan 2003 5:02PM GMT 
lsullivan54 1 Jan 2012 6:09PM GMT 
lsullivan54 1 Jan 2012 6:09PM GMT 
lsullivan54 18 Jun 2012 9:05AM GMT 
per page