Search for content in message boards

Looking for Ancestors of Elvira Anna Linnea Erikson

Replies: 16

Looking for Ancestors of Elvira Anna Linnea Erikson

Posted: 9 May 2011 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Sep 2011 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: HEDQVIST ERIKSSON LARSSON JANSSON
Note the original Subject field has been edited to reflect my grandmother's true name. Her first two names are reverse from what appears in her Worcester, MA, USA marriage records, but now they match most USA records, and more importantly, they match her true Swedish records. In addition, I've edited the main body to reflect current knowledge of her ancestors. So please consider that when viewing the earlier responses and followup messages. I'm sorry if my doing this confuses anybody. Incredibly, they was another woman, born 10 months after her in a nearby town of Grythyttan, who was named Anna Elvira Eriksson. It took me six months to find out that this woman's family were not my true ancestors!

Anyway my father's mother was ELVIRA ANNA LINNEA (nee ERIKSON) HEDQUIST, along with her father GUSTAF ERIKSON and her stepmother KRISTINA CHARLOTTA (nee JANSON) ERIKSON. It could be spelled JANSSON over there. Ditto for Erikson, i.e., spelled ERIKSSON. My GrandMa "Vera" (her preferred nickname) was born in Kumla, Örebro, Sweden 13 January 1884. She came over to the USA 30 July 1903 and lived in Worcester, MA her whole life. She married Per Edvard Hedqvist 17 June 1905. Her father Gustaf was born 2 June 1851 in Kumla and her birth mom Sofia J. Larsson was born 26 December 1850 in Skollersta, both in Orebro county. They both stayed in Sweden their entire lives. Sofia died when Elvira Anna was only six years old. Gustaf remarried to Kristina about a year later. Apparently they had no children over the next several decades. My grandma had three siblings, two girls and one boy, all from Sophia. The girls eventually emigrated to the USA (parts unknown), but the boy stayed in Sweden. I have death dates for her father, step mom, bio-mom, and the male sibling, but need more information about her two female siblings and her grand and great-grand parents if possible. Any additional help here would be most appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bruce Hedquis... 9 May 2011 10:26PM GMT 
bohjohan 10 May 2011 12:12AM GMT 
Bruce Hedquis... 10 May 2011 10:17PM GMT 
Bruce Hedquis... 10 May 2011 11:51PM GMT 
avipe 18 Sep 2011 2:37PM GMT 
Bruce Hedquis... 20 Sep 2011 7:20PM GMT 
Bruce Hedquis... 20 Sep 2011 7:24PM GMT 
avipe 18 Sep 2011 3:25PM GMT 
Bruce Hedquis... 20 Sep 2011 8:02PM GMT 
arnegranquist 18 Sep 2011 4:28PM GMT 
per page