Search for content in message boards

Kirmil/Kirmel/Kirmilas/ family Lithuanian origin

Replies: 43

Re: Kirmil/Kirmel/Kirmilas/ family Lithuanian origin

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a Sophia Kirmelewich in my research as Vincent Kirmelewich's wife.I don't know much about this family, but they're somehow related to my grandmother, as Vincent's wife Sophia (Zofia), my grandma Anastazija Kirmil Kondratawich and her sister-in-law Michalina Kirmil - all these women with their kids and also Eva Kirmelevichiute (going to her brother Wincent too)are found on the same ship manifest of June 19, 1913.It's quite possible Wincent Kirmelevich had one more sister - Sophia.
I've found dozens of people who're related to thesame Kirmilas Lithuanian family whose ancestors lived in Strevinikai Village, Ziezmariai Parish.Some of them used a polonized spelling of their family name - Kirmelevicius (Kirmelevich/ Kirmelewicz in ship manifests.
To my knowledge, Wincent used Kirmelevicius spelling all his life and only other generations of his family shortened it to Kirmelevich or Kirmelewicz.That's what I was told by Wincent's great great grandson Nick whom I met online.

How did you find Vincent as Sophia's brother? It's interesting because I can see you've already included him in your family tree on mundia.com I met a family online who's related to him and I even got a photo of Vincentas door plate.I can share a few things so you could add to your family tree there.Please, stay in touch.
Aldona
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
amberladylt 2 Apr 2010 10:23AM GMT 
McArthur89 14 Apr 2012 3:06PM GMT 
Aldona Kavali... 23 Apr 2012 11:09PM GMT 
McArthur89 24 Apr 2012 2:42PM GMT 
Aldona Kavali... 24 Apr 2012 5:47PM GMT 
nkermele 24 Apr 2012 7:09PM GMT 
Aldona Kavali... 24 Apr 2012 8:00PM GMT 
nkermele 24 Apr 2012 8:07PM GMT 
McArthur89 24 Apr 2012 8:19PM GMT 
nkermele 24 Apr 2012 8:24PM GMT