Well, regarding what information the database has, the answer is that it has:
* Date of birth (which may be an exact date, just a year, or even just "around X"
* Location of birth (when known) farm name, or just the parish or county.
* Date of death (when known)
* Location of death (but only rarely).
* Brief biography (typically just a line or two), but only for deceased individuals - not those currently alive.
* Parents (biological and adoptive if appropriate)
* Spouses/partners, (with date of marriage if known).
* References to every source used when collecting the information above
The database does not have location of burial or dates of divorce.
The database covers almost everyone known to have lived in Iceland, but note that before 1650 or so, most people are not "known" - that is, they are not mentioned in any contemporary records. The database includes living people and their ID numbers, but is not 100% up-to-date, that is, it may be up to a month behind in adding information on newborns.
In this particular case, Hans was born at Valshamar on July 25th, 1826 and died on July 7th 1885. His parents lived there before him - they were Jósep Jónsson Hjaltalín (b. 1793) and Solveig Sigurðardóttir (24/3/1795-7/5/1833)
Has was a farmer at Valshamar at the time of the 1845 census, at Litlahraun in 1860, at Jörfi 1870 and Þursstaðir in 1880 - moving around like that was typical for tenants who did not own the farm where they lived.
The censuses are available online at www.manntal.is