Search for content in message boards

Lyden connection

Replies: 10

Lyden connection

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lyden
Hi everyone
I'm the eldest child of Caroline Lyden, the eldest child of Frank(aka Francis)Lyden, son of Robert Lyden(Snr) As I was growing up I was aware that my grandfather's (Frank)brothers and sisters were: Celia, John, Robert, Henry, Esther, Isabel(aka Belle)and Jessie. I know I've probably left someone out! I was always aware that Neiafu and Vava'u were 'home'. The one I was closest to was Aunty Esther (my great-aunt). She is currently living in Perth. Her children are: Ronnie, Ofa, Lesley, Esther, Charlene, Vincent and Duncan. Apart from Ronnie, who was living in the UK, the rest live in Australia. I think a few of the Lyden siblings had big tribes! Aunty Jessie married a Japanese man. She was awarded recently for her services during WWII. You can see more about it via this link: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/658283
I think a thread or 2 back there is a bit of misinformation re: who belonged to which generation and/or who their siblings were. No doubt this is because the names have been repeated, more than once, in each generation. For this reason I have only included what I know for sure.
I wasn't entirely sure of whether we were Irish or Scottish or a mix of both. I did know that Robert Lyden's mother was a Johnson. Apparently, back in Vava'u, the Lydens were a very well-off and respected family in their time, with servants etc. Nowadays the servants are the children!!!
I really appreciate all the info people are sharing. Look forward to hearing more.
Take care
Teresa (officially) but known as Lisa by the Lydens - a long story :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Teresa_Smyth 19 Nov 2008 5:21AM GMT 
Chris_Liavaa 20 Dec 2008 8:09PM GMT 
butchkylee 5 Jun 2010 12:45AM GMT 
Christine Lia... 6 Jun 2010 11:43PM GMT 
stanlyden 25 Aug 2011 10:23AM GMT 
nisilyden 15 Jan 2009 11:23PM GMT 
EstherLyden 7 Sep 2011 3:15AM GMT 
duncanphillip... 13 May 2012 12:54AM GMT 
Teresa_Smyth 15 May 2012 12:00AM GMT 
Chris_Liavaa 16 May 2012 10:54PM GMT 
per page