Search for content in message boards

FREDERICK GEORGE & HAZEL MARSHALL (NEE HUTCHINGS)

Replies: 13

Re: FREDERICK GEORGE & HAZEL MARSHALL (NEE HUTCHINGS)

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 6:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marshall Hutchings
Hi Angela,
Thank You so much for Posting your Angela, If nothing else your Good Self and I will "raise", the Profile of the the Hutchings Family Name in the Great Torrington, Little Torrington and Black Torrington Areas, a little more !

Interestingly enough I have a firm Marshall Family connection, I have not yet got to tracing the Connection in Queensland Australia, back in time to it's beginnings, so who knows !

[quote]I have data going back to c1620 which starts with a John Huchings[/end quote]

A John "Huchings", one of those many record name errors perhaps or "Hutchings" became the Error. God these errors are the Bane of our Research Lives !

Correct me if I'm wrong but Black Torrington, Little Torrington, Great Torrington and Torrington are all in the same General Area and NOT that separated by great Distance ?

I have a John and a Samuel in My Hutchings Tree also, but as You and i both know, again "Common Naming Conventions", are another Bane of our Lives !

But still, somewhere, "hidden way", either way back when, in the 1600's, 1700's or in the 1800's there may be a connection, between our Families, we can all in hope, our Angela !

I note you mention of Holsworthy POW camp, in the UK, regarding an Italian Family Member !

I have only very, very, recently through my Own Research got the shock of my life having found my very, very, First Italian Family Connection. They were the Forno Family, one of whom, if not others Migrated to Australia and appear to come from Belaforte, Monferrato, Italy.

The results of Historical Family Research never fails to amaze Me, Angela !

I "will" make a note of your Kindly Infos given, re your Hutchings Family Angela. If I find something that gets close as I'll give your a very quick PM [Private Message].

Ooops i nearly dun forgot, I have other Devon Family Related Connections, a Thomas and Mary Smith Nee Fookes from Stoke Lane St Andrews, Plymouth, County Devon, England, Thomas was a Commercial Traveler and Seller of Fish, Smith and Fookes being but two. Eliza but one of their Siblings was the second half of the duo that began my English Couper Family in Queensland back in the 1800's in Australia !

I'm tending to believe that the English "Couper" was originally the English "Cooper" in Northumberland as I have a very firm Percy Family Connection, so, putting two and two together, the Couper / Cooper Family way back when were probably In Service as Barrel Makers[Coopers] to the well known Percy Family in Northumberland. As there were "Coupers" born in that county as well !

If you have any Cornwall Connects let me know by PM, I've got the odd couple of biggies myself, that are very solid. Who knows !

ooops here's another, George Henry Hawkins out of Winterborne Kingston, Dorset, Son of Henry and Charlotte b 9th Nov 1834

I've got tons more Families, I've discovered, they are become Plague Like in Numbers,,,but, they are still Land Locked to Australia, till I get to them all. There might be a lot of surprises then, I'll drum ya !

Better go otherwise I'll be here till "Kingdom Then" !

Thanks again, Great Blessing and Good Luck with Your Further Research.

cheers for now
pop john

ps. You are Very Welcome to PM me if I can help with more info, at any time.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Angela Agnew 23 May 2006 3:24PM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 13 Feb 2010 7:44AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 13 Feb 2010 7:58AM GMT 
AngAgnew 15 Feb 2010 10:01AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 16 Feb 2010 5:02AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 13 Feb 2010 9:51AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 13 Feb 2010 10:09AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 13 Feb 2010 10:21AM GMT 
AngAgnew 15 Feb 2010 9:57AM GMT 
aussie_soul_p... 15 Feb 2010 1:28PM GMT 
per page