I tried to find a connection with Fred Alexander, but can't. I am sure this is the correct person. I've seen his name misspelled so many times, that's why it's taken me so long to find him. I've even seen his name as Gerrit Johnson!
I've just used Jensen because that's one of the spellings; I'm thinking it should be Jansen. The ages certainly match up. In the 1900 Census, he's listed as Gerhard Johnson.
The family is:
Gerhard Jansen (1833 in Germany - June 26, 1906 in Port Edwards)
Christina Roselle (Nov. 11, 1836 in Germany - Feb. 8, 1917 in Marshfield)
1) Sophia Jansen (1855 in Prussia - bef 1932); maybe she married Fred Alexander (age seems to match from 1900 Census)
2) Helena Jansen (Dec 15, 1856 in Prussia - Apr 11, 1932 in Wisconsin Rapids) m. John Flasch
3) Catherine Jansen (my g-great grandma)(May 5, 1863 in Prussia - Jan 10, 1943 in Abbotsford) m. Peter Bauer
4) Theodore Jansen (1865-1867 in Washington Co., WI)
5) Nicholas Jansen (Jan 25, 1866 in WI - Dec 28, 1945 in Sheboygan)
6) Margaret Jansen (May 26, 1867 in WI - Bef 1932)
7) Bernard Jansen (1868 in WI - Bef 1932)
8) Anna Jansen (1869 in WI - Oct 18, 1944 in Aberdeen, WA)
9) James Jansen (Aft 1870 in WI - Bef 1932)
10) Frank Jansen (Aft 1870 in WI - Bef 1932)
11) Agnes Jansen (July 1872 in WI - Aft 1943 in Marsfield) m. Frank Bauer
12) Eva Jansen (1874 in WI - Bef 1932) m. Alvin Schmidt
13) John Jansean (he changed spelling in his branch) (Feb 14 1880 in WI - Nov 21, 1966 in Wausau)
Where are you finding these articles? Are these in a newpaper database that's online? I cannot thank you enough for you help with this. This is a 20 year old brick wall that you're helping me chip away at!