Search for content in message boards

Jean Baptiste Roy born 1840 Red River Settlement, now Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Replies: 0

Jean Baptiste Roy born 1840 Red River Settlement, now Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted: 1432755320000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roy, Rocheleau, Morand
Does anyone know anything about this person? or his descendants? I believe he married Catherine Morand. Of his children one son born 1867 was another Jean Baptiste Roy. I believe he is my great grandfather. He married Marie Adele (Adeline? Marie Odile?) born to Guillaume Rocheleau. They had several children. It looks like the youngest of these was my grandfather, Maurice August Roy. Maurice was married first to a woman, Irene Courchaine (sp? I understand there are two common spellings but think I've found this woman under the name Marie Angelique Courchaine). She died after her second child around 1940. Their two sons were George and Roger. Maurice then married my grandma, Clementine Charrette I believe in 1942 or 1943. They had 12 children together. My mom is one of therm.

I don't know any more about Jean Baptiste Roy and want to know more about his heritage. I knew my grandfather, Maurice(born 1905) but don't know anything about any of his relatives. Maurice and his family moved to Prince George, BC in 1950 and he died there in 1992 approximately.

Can you help me?

Find a board about a specific topic