Looking for help with find out more about Michael Guidotti--especially concerning his wives.
1. Michael Guidotti was born in Switzerland and came to United States about 1893. Have not been able to find ship he came on nor where he was for 1900 census.
2. Michael Guidotti is listed in city directories for Spokane, Washington as early as 1908, and is on the 1910 census, age 26, in Spokane Ward 1.
3. By 1918 Michael Hannible Guidotti had married Hazel A. She first appears in a 1918 city directory and was listed as nearest relative when he registered for the draft for World War I in 1918. The 1920 census for Spokane shows Michael, a butcher, and Hazel A., age 28, born in Washington, a book keeper at a meat market. When Michael Guidotti applied for naturalization in 1920, birth of Hazel A. was shown as 25 April 1891.
4. Both Mike Guidotti and Hazel A. Guidotti appear on Spokane city directories throughout the 1920's.
5. The 1930 census for Spokane shows Michael Guidotti as widowed. He was with Anton and Erminia Guidotti. I did find burial records for Anthony Guidotti in 1938 and Erminia Guidotti in 1948 at Holy Cross Cemetery in Spokane. But have not been able to find death or burial record for Hazel. So when did Michael Guidotti's FIRST WIFE HAZEL A. GUIDOTTI die?
6. Widowed Michael Guidotti married widowed Anna Christfellow on 23 August 1930 in Spokane County, according to the Washington State Archives. It appears her maiden name was Anna M. Thompson.
7. This SECOND WIFE appears on a number of Spokane city directories with Michael Guidotti in the 1930's plus the 1940 census. That census indicates she was born in Norway. She is also on the 1942 and 1943 city directories. However, when Michael filled out his draft registration card for World War II in 1942 he was single, so it appears Anna T. Guidotti died between the 1940 census and 1942. Have not been able to find a death or burial record for Anna T. Guidotti.
8. Michael Guidotti married a THIRD WIFE, Susan, but date and place is not yet known. I believe she may be Susan Paul, but have not yet found any documentation to confirm this. Susan appears in several Spokane city directories with Mike Guidotti, beginning in 1949.
9. According to Washington Death Index and Social Security Death Index, Michael Guidotti died 22 November 1974 in Spokane. What newspapers are there in that time period that an obituary may have been in? Since he owned and ran Inland Meats Company for many years, it seems likely there would be an obituary. A listing of Fairmount Memorial Park in Spokane County shows both Mike Guidotti and Susan Guidotti, but the details seem to be the same for both--apparently a typing error on the transcript. Family sources indicate Susan did not die until 1987 (IF he did indeed marry Susan Paul).