Search for content in message boards

moises adopted by foster parents in yonkers then to texas

Replies: 0

moises adopted by foster parents in yonkers then to texas

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 7:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cordero, caban
My name is Elsa,I have such a desire to know my roots. Most of all I am trying to find, my mother Ruth Cordero CABAN, side of the family. Her mom Clotilde CABAN, died when my mom ruth, was very young, about 10 yrs old. Her mom had massive heart attack,in Brooklyn (Kings county Hosp)in 1953, she was just 48 yrs old. For whatever reason comunication with my mom's sister in Puerto Rico ceased. Mom never heard of them ever agin, She is now 69 and hasn't stopped mentioning ever since I can remember that she would like to someday meet her first or second cousins, that live in PUERTO RICO. My mom's Granddad (Juan Caban) and her Aunts born in Moca, PR(Flora & Francisca Caban) lived in Barrio Espino Añasco, PR in the years 1945 & 50"s. My mom remembers, her mother getting mail often from this place and time. If you can please help me find her cousins or give me ideas on how to go about it. I would greatly appreciate it. I want her to have this before she leaves this world. I would like to find how i can confirn that Juan Caban and Abad Caban are brothers, also. Very important. Thank you and God bless you. email: holyb4him@aol.com Elsa
Also looking desperately for my mom's youngest brother, Born Moises Cordero, march 18, 1946.Adopted by his 3 years taking care of him, foster parents that lived in yonker, ny. He attended yonkers public school from about when he was 7 yrs old through 11, when his adoption was signed by my grand dad,so that that moises and his adopted parents can freely move to where they wanted to go in Texas. Correspondense was received from Moises to my father severeal times, till his adopted parents ask to stop so he can start fresh. Mom remembers that he wrote to their dad that he was taking violin lessons. We think Moises first name was not changed just the last name except for maybe from spanish Moises to Moses because at 11 years old my mom remembers them calling him by his first name. (My grandfather had permission to visit him because social services got involved due to my fathers illness not because of negligense, till he was officially adopted several yrs later, like I wrote before, they wanted to move to Texas We have his original birth certificate. ny ideas??? he is the only living sibling of my mom plus she doesnt know any of her cousins. Please help. Thank you, Elsa
again. God Bless. holyb4him@aol.com

Find a board about a specific topic