Search for content in message boards

Redwine/McGee from Mississippi to Wood County Texas

Replies: 1

Redwine/McGee from Mississippi to Wood County Texas

Posted: 5 Jul 2010 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2012 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: McGee, Redwine, Gunter, Rodgers
I have ancestors from Wood County, Texas and the sorrounding area with the surname Redwine. Many of them were former slaves that orginated in Mississippi and were taken to Texas prior to the Civil War. My 4th Great-Grandmother Lucy (possibly Lucinda or Lucille) b. abt 1830 Tennessee had the surname Redwine though I'm unsure if it was a maiden or married name She had at least 6 children; I've been able to find 4:

Horace Redwine b. abt 1853 in Texas, married Caline or Carline Garrett and had about 8 children. After his death about 1899 Caline remarried to John Bailey.

Manda or Mandy Redwine b. abt 1855 in Texas married Noah Gunter, and had about 5 children. I find the family living on Wood, Texas in 1880, but no trace of them beyond that.

Louisa McGee/daughter of Jerry McGee (my 3rd Great-Grandmother) was born abt 1862 in Van Zandt, Texas, and married Robert Rodgers around 1880. They had 9-10 children. They moved from Wood County, to the Chickasaw Nation/Present Day Oklahoma and lived in Carter County until I lose track of them in 1920, I cannot trace them beyond then.

Jasper Mcgee/son of Jerry McGee, born abt 1860 near Van Zandt County, Texas. He married Lula Jones in Wood County, Texas in 1889; the had 8 known children.

Please email me if you have any information or questions that may aid in locating records.

Shalynn Fosha-Anderson
shayree83@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dvinemrssha 5 Jul 2010 10:24PM GMT 
marshascott31 3 Sep 2010 8:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic