Fannie Frances Bryant (also seen as Bryan) married John Marion Enox

Replies: 3

Fannie Frances Bryant (also seen as Bryan) married John Marion Enox

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 9:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2006 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Bryant (Bryan), Enox, McClure, Champion
Hello:

I have a great grandmother named Fannie Frances BRYANT, born May 5, 1870, died Oct 2, 1957. She married John Marion Enox August 10, 1884 in Clarksville, Red River Co. TX. They are found on the 1900 Census in Precinct 5 Household 139/139.

I was told that Fannie died in Paris, Lamar Co. TX and was buried in Manchester, Red River Co. TX. However, I ordered a copy of the death certificate from the Texas Department of Health just to be sent a letter informing me that there is no record of her death in Paris for the year 1957 or the years on either side of 1956 or 1958.

I am at a loss due to the fact that I was hoping the death certificate would have her parents names on it. Her father was suppose to be a William Bryant (Bryan) born in MO and the mother is shown on the 1900 census as being from KY.

I have an aunt that told me that Fannie's mother was married several times. Her mother's name was either Ann or Rose Ann McClure. Also, that the last name was seen as Champion, perhaps one of the married names.

I called the Lamar County Clerks office and spoke with a woman about my having ordered a death certificate from TDH and nothing was found so she was very nice and checked the death records for Fannie and also found nothing. I am wondering where to go next.

Does anyone out there have cemetery records that shows a Fannie Frances Enox as buried in Manchester and the date of death so I might know for sure that the death date is correct. Perhaps Fannie did not die in Lamar Co. but Red River County?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Paula

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pjotf 27 Nov 2001 4:09PM GMT 
BetsyJL 2 Dec 2001 5:42AM GMT 
LindaUnknown7... 23 Mar 2002 7:12AM GMT 
JanWallace454... 3 Feb 2012 5:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic