Search for content in message boards

George D. Benson

Replies: 4

George D. Benson

Posted: 1510012958000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Benson, Rainey, Raine
Hello,

I've hit a huge block in trying to find more death information on my ancestor, George D. Benson (also have seen George Davis Benson and G.D. Benson). I hope someone here can help me out!

Between his obituary in the Bryan Daily Eagle and his grave stone, I know he died in in the hotel he ran (the City Hotel) in Navasota on March 26 (or 27 depending on the source), 1913 and he is buried at the Oakland Cemetery. He lived in Bryan (Brazos County) for a while and also ran a hotel there (the Glenn Hotel). He was married to Elinor Rainey (Raine and other similar spellings), but sadly their marriage record doesn't list parental names.

What I've had trouble finding is an official document(or semi-official document, I'm desperate!) of his death. Texas State vital records has no death certificate on file for him and I'm unable to visit the Grimes County Courthouse to do any digging around. I'm hoping a death certificate exists out there somewhere because I'm also trying to find a concrete link between George and his father, Pleasant D. Benson. I have a census record, but they list his father's name as Phillip, not Pleasant. However, mother and siblings all match on the record!

If anyone has access to death records, cemetery burial records, or even church records (I unfortunately don't know what faith he practiced), I would be more than grateful to you for all eternity if you find anything on George D. Benson! Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Amanda Benson 1510012958000 
HL2604 1510042897000 
Amanda Benson 1510065262000 
Amanda Benson 1510068160000 
HL2604 1510068582000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic