Search for content in message boards

Preston

Replies: 5

Re: Preston

Posted: 1479176035000
Classification: Query
Sorry but more precise info may not be available. I am trying to help my adopted sister to find her birth father. Her birth mother gave this small amount of info on the papers she left at Edna Gladney, an adoption center in Ft Worth Tex.
She said his name was Robert L Preston and that he was born in Kilgore TX. and that he was born in 1925 or 1926. I believe she also said that his parents were living there in Kilgore when she became pregnant with my sister.
I am expecting to receive copies of the Gladney paper work this week and may have more to add later.
I have found a Robert Preston living in Kilgore today, I suspect that person to be perhaps a son of my sister's father, I just don't feel comfortable about making contact with him until I am more assured that this is the correct person.
Of course, all the material may be a lie. There's also the possibility that the mother may not have had much knowledge about Robert and just did the best she could about describing him and the majority of her info was incorrect. She said that they had "broken up" a week before she discovered she was pregnant and that she did not tell him about being pregnant, and think he would have been interested even if he had known, so I do not know how long they were together.
As it stands right now, I would like to explore Robert Preston being a real person. If that fails, then I will recommend to my sister that she have a DNA test done to see if that will help.
Also, I have no genealogy on Robert Preston, so if you find any, it is not my work.
Thanks for your continued efforts on our part.
Sterling Parker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
popsandgrandy 1478987095000 
HL2604 1479023352000 
popsandgrandy 1479042578000 
HL2604 1479078668000 
HL2604 1479122548000 
popsandgrandy 1479176035000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic