Search for content in message boards

Daughters of Confederacy Reunion photo

Replies: 0

Daughters of Confederacy Reunion photo

Posted: 1168808626000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Identification needed
I am looking for some identification for a picture that appears to be a gathering of the Daughters of the Confederacy, taken about 1900-1910. The Confederate Battle Flag can be seen (barely) flying above the gathering. One old soldier wears his Confederate uniform. He and several members of the group wear insignia of some sort. Seven children, including two babies, appear in the photo. Most of the subjects are women. Sixteen white men are included, and twenty-one women, if my counting can be trusted. There is a black man holding a horse behind the group. There are two tents and two wagons in the background. Three twisted staffs are visible, seemingly of ceremonial use. The Texas Division United Daughters of the Confederacy was organized in Victoria, Texas on May 15, 1896.
My sister-in-law has this picture from her parents' collection. It has no identification of any kind, but her mother thinks that it likely came from the Lander's side of the family. They lived in Robert Lee, Coke Co. Texas. I feel sure that there are other copies in existence.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Peggy
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic