Samuel Moses born 1844 Monroe County TN and died 1922 married Altimer M. Tallent born 1842 died 1924 in Monroe County TN
There is an article on this family in the Monroe Co. Heritage Book published 1997.
It was submitted by Dannie K. Croft, Knoxville, TN.
# 1112 Moses / Tallent
There is also a photo of Samuel Moses and Altiamair E. Tallent.
They were parents of 10 children;
1. Carrie F. born May 1866 m. Leonard Mason
2. Mary Elizabeth b. Dec. 11, 1867 m. Steve Slaton
3. Sarah Jane b. May 30, 1872 m. Marion N. Newman
4. Laura M. b. Feb. 1873 m. James Matt Harris
5. Henry W. b. Dec. 10, 1875 crippled
6. Sam Houston b. Dec. 6, 1877 m. 1st. Nannie Rogers
m. 2nd Sarah Alice Harris
7. John Joshua b. Jan. 12, 1879 m. 1st Lovie J. Spears, m.
2nd Bertha Akins Breedlove (Died Jan. 9, 1963 in Riceville, McMinn Co. and was buried at Hill Top Cen. in Riceville, he has no marker.
8. Artie Thursey b. May 1880 m. A. Washington Croft
9. Andy b.Dec. 1882, m. 1st Margaret Isabell Davis, m. 2nd Allie Dotson, m. 3rd. Dollie Tilly
10 Gaston William b. Oct. 8, 1885 m. 1st. Lucy Croft, m. 2nd Annie Kelly
Samuel and Altimer are buried at Notchey Creek Cem. in Madisonville, Monroe Co., TN. They were grandparents of 70 grandchildren.
If you are interested in a copy of the article , email Jo Stakely at the Madisonville Library. She will charge a fee to make copies. Other articles # 1111 Moses / Gardner and # 1113 Joshua Moses and Sarah Samples , as well as # 1114 Robert Lee and Sarah Dorcas Hunt Moses.
E-mail Address(es): firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope this will help you.
Mary Sue Mason
Volunteer Lookup person
(I do not research this line.)