Search for content in message boards

WITT, BACON, HODGES and more.

Replies: 13

Re: WITT, BACON, HODGES and more.

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 10:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WITT, BACON, BREEDEN, STREET, KEYES
Suzy, you still online?

I am nearly positive that Frank Andrew Witt (or Franklin) is my cousin's ancestor. His past is VERY difficult to figure out.

A Frank Witt married Mamie Street in 1879 in Ft Worth TX. This is a fact and he had a son in 1899, my cousin's ancestor. But in 1900, Mamie was remarried to Charles Strom. What happened is anyone's guess.

In 1900 we have the following family which really has to be my Frank's family.
!CENSUS: 1900 in Fort Worth, Tarrant, Texas: John (Dec 1850 M 26 yrs TN TN TN carpenter) & Christina (May 1852 2ch/2al TN TN TN) WITT with sons both TN TN TN: Franklin (Mar? 1879 at school) and Jessie (Sep 1883 M 6 yrs grocer) with daughter in law Alice (Oct 1874 1ch/1al TN TN TN) WITT with son Rastis? Sep 1894 TN TN TN WITT.

And later on I found the following 1913 marriage in Ohio:
Transcription: In the matter of Frank Andrew Witt and Pearl A Ohlson
The undersigned respectfully makes application for a Marriage License for said parties, and upon oath states: That said Frank Andrew Witt is 34 years of age on the 2nd day of March 1913. His residence is Houston, Texas. His place of birth is Knoxville, Tennessee. His occupation is Automobile Salesman. His father's name is J L Witt. His mother's maiden name was Christina Bacon. That he was previously married once.
That said Pearl A Ohlson is 33 years of age on the 20th day of October 1913. Her residence is Kenton, Hardin County, Ohio. Her place of birth is Jay City, Indiana. Her occupation is author. Her father's name is William Keyes. Her mother's maiden name was Louisa Hammell. That she was previously married once and is a divorced woman, her married name being Ohlson.

Now it would hardly surprise me to find Frank married to a million other women!! Please please share with me any documentation of this mysterious man! Back in his day, he could move and his records wouldn't follow him, but today, we can track him so much better!

I only have the one son: Murley D/Murley Samuel WITT. Are there other children that are known?

Unfortunately, in 1920, I think I found him:
!CENSUS: 1920 in Michigan State Prison, Jackson Ward 8, Jackson, Michigan: inmate Frank A (40 Div TN TN TN repairman garage) WITT.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
beamupdrl 8 Mar 2010 10:51PM GMT 
MaryWinn77 8 Mar 2010 11:16PM GMT 
4PattiG 9 Mar 2010 5:24PM GMT 
stephcarson 10 Mar 2012 5:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic