Search for content in message boards

Bartholomew Smith

Replies: 3

Re: Bartholomew Smith

Posted: 15 Dec 2011 10:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Everett, Hardwick, Hardiman, Hardeman
That is the correct Bartholomew Smith, wife Dolly Everett. Thank you for the additional information. I know John was not listed in Bartholomew's will, but there could be plausible explanations for that - either being disowned or previously gifted (although usually they'll still make a reference to the person to make it clear they weren't omitted by mistake). So I don't have proof yet that John was Bart's and Dolly's son. However, John was born in Tennessee. A Nicholas Hardiman, age 27 and born in TN, was living with my John Smith in Johnson Co. AR in the 1850 census (along with John and Lydia's children George, Mary E. (my gr-gr-grandmother) and Joel H. (Hardeman?) Smith). Dolly Everett's parents were John Everett and Esther Hardeman, and a probable nephew Joel Everett (25 years younger) lived nearby in the 1850 census. It appears likely that Nicholas Hardiman was a cousin on John Smith's mother's side, visiting in 1850. Also, John Smith and Lydia Hardwick married in Dickson Co TN Dec 22 1835. Two other Hardwicks - sisters? - Eliza and Joyce - were also married in Dickson County within one and three years of Lydia. They also relocated to Johnson County AR. So there's a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to John Smith being a son of Bartholomew Smith. I'd like to find some hard evidence, however, making that connection. Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ophitke38 28 Jan 2011 3:37AM GMT 
azaremba1 16 Mar 2011 8:44PM GMT 
rajenny 15 Dec 2011 5:36PM GMT 
ophitke38 16 Jun 2012 5:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic