Search for content in message boards

Maggie Myrtle Brewer (1894) of Tazewell, Claiborne Co, had a half sister named Laura

Replies: 0

Maggie Myrtle Brewer (1894) of Tazewell, Claiborne Co, had a half sister named Laura

Posted: 1499210359000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brewer, Barnett
My great grandmother's name was Laura Brewer (1881-1946). On her death certificate is listed Brewer for her father's name and Barnett for her mother's name. No first names given.
She married William Elijah Butcher (1874-1967), of Tazewell, Claiborne County, September 30, 1899 in Knox County. Through a letter I found from his estate papers written in 1948, written by a Maggie Myrtle Brewer (1894-1989) in which she writes to Will Brewer. She mentions several cousins she has through sisters of her mother, Amanda Walker Brewer(1871-1899). In the letter, she also mentions wishing to have a photo of her sister, especially in her later years. This leads me to believe that Maggie Myrtle Brewer and Laura Brewer were half sisters, as if Laura's birth year is correct by my great grandfather, Amanda would have only been ten when Laura was born. So, I am looking for the John Brewer who married Amanda J Walker in Nov. 1893, who probably had a 12 year old child with him named Laura and for the woman who whose name was Barnett, that most likely died, who was Laura's mother and John Brewer's first wife.

Find a board about a specific topic